Sign in to follow this  
victorstan

Cannot Access Game!!! Error - Grabbing Profile:[object Object]

victorstan    10

So I installed the game in Chrome and played the demo. Everytime I try to access the game I get this error immediately after I press the login button. I also purchased the game today and cannot access it in order to play.

This is the error I get in Chrome:

An error has occurred:

Error: Error - grabbing profile:[object Object]

I tried reinstalling the game and clearing up the cache. I am running latest Chrome on OSX 10.8.2 with up to date patches. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

victorstan    10

OK so I solved that problem by allowing third party cookies to be set in Chrome preferences. I made it to the menu and entered my KEY then the game restarted and now instead of the previous error I get this one:

Error: Module load error: NaCl module load failed: Validation failure. File violates Native Client safety rules.

Is this going to end? How many client errors are there until I can play this? And instead of people coming on the forum and you redirecting to solutions discovered by other players, you might introduce a self troubleshooting engine so instead of weird unintelligible error message, the game could deliver a solution. Really considering filing a dispute and asking for a refund...

Excess    55

First of all, bear in mind that this is in BETA, this kind of thing is prone to happen. That's why you paid an incredibly reduced early-access beta price.

Have you tried searching the forums for an answer? Another player appeared to have had this exact same problem (which apparently is Google's fault, not Klei's), and the devs told him how to fix it. He is now a happy forum member.

If that doesn't solved it try contacting the devs to see if they can help you. They will be surely happy to help, if you give them a chance.

victorstan    10

True I forgot about beta. Still connectivity and client issues should not be part of beta, I can understand content, texture and gameplay glitches, but not errors that does not allow a user to use the product in order to bug report. Also I do not agree with beta stages requiring purchase, but I understand they need financing so that's why I payed for it.

Yes I managed to resolve the issues with clearing caches I believe, but I did try it before about 5 times with no luck so there must be a read/write problem somewhere in between. Thanks for the help ;)

Excess    55
Also I do not agree with beta stages requiring purchase

Why not, if I may ask?

We all bought the game knowing it was still in development, got 2 copies of it for an absurdly low price ($3.49 if you where an early bird) and get to influence on it's development; the devs are very active forum readers and have already added and tweaked several things we suggested.

Minecraft charged for access as early as alpha, and I've personally backed at least 4 games on Kickstarter that aren't even prototypes yet. A developer is entitled to charge whatever he wants as long as he clearly states the stage of development of the product. It's up to you to buy it now or wait for it to be released (and pay full price).

Thanks for the help ;)

No problem, glad you can finally enjoy the game. I hope to see you participating in the forums and debating suggestions with the rest of us ;)

You may wanna read about the controls here, as they are currently undocumented in-game (again, as it's a beta, things tend to change from build to build).

Sign in to follow this