MWY    752

I always wanted a Mansion in Hamlet similar to the Queen Palace of our own!

The Furniture shop idea is perfect! however the infinite sleeping capability for a bed seems over powered but lets see if Klei decides for any enhancements to the current interior and their practicality.

A fire place is also a perfect things since making a camp fire inside an house seems...dangerous at best...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rosten    716

Honestly I'm super looking forward to the furniture stuff being expanded on. I'm a huge nerd for decorating stuff this much and vanilla Don't Starve didn't really have much for me to scratch that itch, haha. I would love if some more functional stuff was added, like the icebox and ovens you mention. Would also be nice if you could sit down in chairs and stuff (Perhaps for a bit of extra sanity gain?). Maybe make it so that you can eat food off of tables for a bit of a boost in what they provide. 

Not gonna lie, the Shanty and town building in general is one of, if not my favorite parts of this DLC. If none of this happens I'd be half willing to relearn Lua to make a mod for it.

I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to implement most of these suggestions; Fridges could just work like shelves, placement-wise and give them an inventory. Fireplaces might be bit more tricky, but I haven't really looked into this game's code much, so idk. I'm not sure if adding rooms after worldgen is possible, but given how the Mantholes restructure themselves after earthquakes it doesn't seem totally unreasonable, and additional floors can just work like normal extra rooms.

Edited by Rosten
  • Like 1

A campfire or a tent seems like a very silly (and dangerous) thing to build inside indeed. Beds, fireplaces, and an oven are a must in my book.

The "oven" could be a fireplace add-on crockpot, which causes increased fuel consumption.

The infinite-tent problem of a bed could easily be solved with limited use bedding/pillows, (Cloth + feathers + rope + etc.) that have to be combined with the bedframe to put the character to sleep.

I also really wish that a storage cellar/cabinet/huge chest would be added. (For indoor use only and yes, I know mods exist.)
My hoarding habit sadly doesn't leave room for much purely decorative furniture in my Hamlet home.

Multiple rooms and floors sound really interesting too. I have no idea how hard that would be to implement though.
One thing is for sure, we need more funky house-stuff to spend our oincs on.

• Like 1

ucw    281

I'd love the sewing machine in my shanty -- could repair clothing and armor.  But, as Wickerbottom, I'm wondering if there is a comfortable enough bed that she can get some sleep...  might have to be expensive for balance.  Functional furniture would be fun, but would probably be a whole bunch more work for devs to draw the characters in sitting positions.  

On 2/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, MWY said:

A fire place is also a perfect things since making a camp fire inside an house seems...dangerous at best...

A wood burning stove would be perfect.  

• Like 2

Having More rooms in a slanty shanty would be like a god send, Not op but just so convienet, you would be able to actually make a base inside a house

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    42,249
12 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

Having More rooms in a slanty shanty would be like a god send, Not op but just so convienet, you would be able to actually make a base inside a house

The data thread actually show hints that they are working on this aspect. If they are, I'm hyped.

• Like 2

__IvoCZE__    1,518
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

The data thread actually show hints that they are working on this aspect. If they are, I'm hyped.

waitn whuuat

GetNerfedOn    268

I'd love to have a proper kitchen with a stovetop, crockery, silverware and oven that you can cook on. 

Spoiler

and possibly cook the Gorge recipes in too

• Like 2