QoL Upgrade Mk 2 Now Open For Testing! - 306320

Bugs

Plastic ladders -- Guys found a bug right now, dupes stopped using plastic ladders that overllaped the normal ladders after theyre build " if i restart the game they go back into using them ". Hope i help and thanks for letting us do ladders over other ladders that was a must :).

Cooking station -- This one almost killed my colony silently, no one was going to cook ever no matter what i did the only 2 things that solved the problem was, restarting and disabling them enabling them again.

Requests and balances

Also thats more of a request, plz buff the drecko shear station, my dupe spend all day there calling the dreckos to be sheared oO " i had only 3 glossy dreckos and no normal drecko " 

Weird Stuff

Slime dropping - I dont know exactly whats happening on this one on my mushroom farm time to time a slime appears dropped on the ground emitting polluted oxy even with a storage container on the same room with slime only configuration priority 9, i tought dupes where dropping it when using ladder or such but 1 - this also happened on a non ladder connected tile 2 - i automated with auto sweeper and the same thing happened  when i was not looking.

Questions

Skill leveling has been super nerfed? I feel like my dupes are leveling wayyyyyy slower than all other playthroughs.

Hope i help and thanks for letting us do ladders over other ladders that was a must :).

EDIT: Plz i dont know whats happening it is a bug or its intended? my dupe is feeling hot on the oil biome even using the atmo suit, the debuff " toasty surrondings appear"

5c5a445cc1d1e_toastysurroundingswithatmosuiton.thumb.png.7dcac9ff4bf24776978ce86787f46cb4.png

5 minutes ago, natanstarke said:

Requests and balances

Also thats more of a request, plz buff the drecko shear station, my dupe spend all day there calling the dreckos to be sheared oO " i had only 3 glossy dreckos and no normal drecko " 

I have no problem with ranching being a time sink, but a there should be a reason to have a seasoned rancher.

Right now the ranching skill has no effect, so a job that gives no benefit except an increased ranching skill is a bit pointless.

=> Best solution to both problems I read so far: Scale the duration of the groomed buff by the ranching skill.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I have no problem with ranching being a time sink, but a there should be a reason to have a seasoned rancher.

Right now the ranching skill has no effect, so a job that gives no benefit except an increased ranching skill is a bit pointless.

=> Best solution to both problems I read so far: Scale the duration of the groomed buff by the ranching skill.

Well i stongly agree with this best solution, but still would like reduced time to make the critter jump into the station, they are taking foreeeeever at least for me, on the shear stations the thing was so weird and critical that they only ever used it when i tried to build something with plastic, then they started shearing.

19 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Will activate automatically when the new upgrade goes live. Or when you download the preview, but the preview has extra test stuff running in the background slowing down everything so it won`t be as effective.

Do you mean Quality of Life Upgrade Mk 2 

14 hours ago, melquiades said:

The game will automatically take advantage of any extra core/thread your cpu has idling around.

I hawe 8-cored cpu, and hawe low performance on 2000+ day with huge base.

On 3.2.2019 at 2:06 PM, chemie said:

Bug fixes are nice.  The multithreading is sorely needed.  But waiting for almost 3 months with the prospect of having to wait another 3 months is what bums me out.

Yes true not very amusing. Much workhours klei takes into DST / skins. Perhaps they add more stuff to ONI for cash, when they introduce ingame shop MK3  or similar..

@jambell A request if you've got some time for this update.

For scanners, there's a tone, very high pitched, it's a bit stretchy.  It amplifies when you have a few of them to a horrible (to ME) sound that is almost unheard but you can feel it, right in the headache temple.

I've only recently noticed enthusiastically because I've only recently started bothering with using multiple scanners:

Scanners.thumb.JPG.5d3e9b22d0f669a61b2b2df1a25c62c7.JPG

It kind of goes back and forth WheeOOoooWheeeOooo...

If you'd be so kind and if this needs your magic touch for getting the multiple sound effect to stop amplifying, similar to earlier issues you've fixed for multiple transformers and the like, that'd be awesome.  If you could stick a toggle in THAT particular sound effect somewhere, I'd be incredibly thankful.  I don't want to kill the automation sounds, but that one in particular is a headache... kind of literally.

Thank Ye Kindly!

EDIT: I should probably mention the reason I think this particular sound is so annoying for me is because I think it's harmonized somehow with one of my cooling fans.  If I can find two more I'll get them to start a band … somewhere on the road though! :)

Edited by WanderingKid
Because Grammer, it's not just for kids...

The new "Care package" feature got some minor problems with (non) discovered resources:

- Vitamin chews/clothes/... are given out before you ever made some.

For me it´s more about the gameplay aspect, if you should be able to receive something your duplicants never seen or don´t know how to make.^^

- Should Glass be produced at least once using the recipe to unlock the care package ?

I dug up a volcano and it created by mistake ~70g of glass.

=> The care package containing 200kg of glass would be unlocked;)

(Not sure if it´s a desired feature.)

Hi,

My comment isn't game related.  The opening post explains opting into this beta and includes this line:

In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache."

Actually, the button in Steam is "Verify Integrity of Game Files..."

image.thumb.png.d0af61df01c298641538534b140ff38b.png

I think fixing this might help clear up that 0.001% of confusion it causes.

jon

12 minutes ago, jonTucich said:

Hi,

My comment isn't game related.  The opening post explains opting into this beta and includes this line:

In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache."

Actually, the button in Steam is "Verify Integrity of Game Files..."

image.thumb.png.d0af61df01c298641538534b140ff38b.png

I think fixing this might help clear up that 0.001% of confusion it causes.

jon

Thanks for catching it and reporting to us. The instructions have been edited to reflect this.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Exoros said:

Suggestion : can we have an automation signal when liquid/gas reservoirs are full ?
Unless there is an important reason not to.

Not on topic, but you can make one quite easily right now using the tools available. Have the input pipe go on for one more tile after the reservoir input port, place an element sensor there. Then you can loop back the pipe or have it go to another destination, it doesn't matter: that bit of pipe will always be empty until there's space in the reservoir. Once it detects something, it means that the reservoir is full.

While an item that simplifies or "condenses" a player made build into a readily available package is oftentimes good and can save time and sanity, and I would happily support it, this is one of the cases where I'd advocate against it. In this case we are talking about a rather easy thing to do for the player, just takes some thinking and tinkering and when you actually make it work you have that sense of reward and accomplishment that the "build this, connect. Bam, done" way simply does not provide. Just my thought, tho.

Why then send a signal when full? You can already do that as you can see. If we really want that thing to be able send a signal, then it should be at X% or N units, and let us set that % or number. Or even, behave like a smart battery, a really smart item. Rather than easier, I'd like things to be smarter and useful in more ways. *cough* smart storage *cough*

Edited by 6Havok9
Spelling
  • Like 1