QoL Upgrade Mk 2 Now Open For Testing! - 306320

22 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Rockets become useless because you *might* get 500kg of steel or 1 Wheezewort seed from the printer pod every 3rd (I've seen people say 4th?) cycle?

Nah. 500kg might be a bit generous (200kg for refined metals sounds about right to me) but remember, 500kg is only 2.5 smart batteries, 20 pieces of conductive wire, 1 bunker door, or less than half of an aquatuner. Seriously, if it takes extreme luck and/or save summing across 9 to 12 cycles to get enough steel for an aquatuner and 12 pieces of conductive wire to power it for "free", that is about as far from making rockets useless as it can be... 

I usually buy rockets on cycle 800-1000. This is 266 times I can print something.
Usually the reason I begin sending rockets to space is to retrieve Wheezewort.
This won't be the case anymore.

Adding an option on map creation to choose the chance of "rare/unusual" things to appear would be fine for me.
Actually, I think this is the way to go.

Spoiler

image.png.7a0bb18954b12ae73f9344d9f068c5fa.png

I dream about having this screen (and game options) be like the one in Factorio, with LOTS of things to customize.

Edited by Alpe12
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alpe12 said:

I usually buy rockets on cycle 800-1000. This is 266 times I can print something.

The different play styles for this game always amazes me.  I personally have rockets going as quickly as possible, the training of exosuit engineer is my longest hurdle.  The first 40-70 cycles are usually personnel pulls for the 16-24 dupes it seems most people prefer as well.  After that I typically turn off the printer entirely just to get rid of the notifications, this might have me turn them on again. 

I can't see the occasional wheeze or 500kg of steel being that game breaking at that point.  Sure, you can savescum farm them, just like dupes, so okay, that's not a big deal.  The idea of playing a map for over a 1000 cycles baffles me though.  I also don't find space to be a requirement, or even that important. I could survive with a largish colony with just cool steam, and handful of wheezes to make it into water, and shrooms with wild wheat/pincha for high morale offsets until BBQ becomes the primary food source for the colony.

I agree that the option lists for custom games could be increased though.  I just don't think that throwing a few new options into the printer pod is a bad thing.  It's an interesting item, something that makes for player informed decisions.  I always appreciate those kinds of challenges.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Alpe12 said:

I dream about having this screen (and game options) be like the one in Factorio, with LOTS of things to customize.

you can go into the games files and change the world side, you just have to make it even so if you double the size of the x axis you have to double the size of the y axis

2X.yaml here is a world gen option for 2X the size of the normal world, just put it in steam/steamapps/common/oxygennotincluded/oxygennotincluded_data/streamingassets/worldgen/worlds

you need debug enabled to play the world

it will be in the debug world options

Edited by Bizzum22

3 hours ago, Bizzum22 said:

you can go into the games files and change the world side, you just have to make it even so if you double the size of the x axis you have to double the size of the y axis

2X.yaml here is a world gen option for 2X the size of the normal world, just put it in steam/steamapps/common/oxygennotincluded/oxygennotincluded_data/streamingassets/worldgen/worlds

you need debug enabled to play the world

it will be in the debug world options

Thanks, but I already have a mod installed that allow me to do that.

Spoiler

image.png.6e06e1129be16f629e5ed279c4d0e112.png

I find it rather problematic that my doors and drywalls doesn't mix. It leaves gigantic holes everywhere that I can't avoid due to needing access to an area.

Take my Telescope it's on top of two mech doors, so I can open them and avoid hot regolith landing on them and cooking the telescope, but at the same time my drill hanging on to the doors need gas so it get's cooled, but now I loss the gas every time I have to open the doors.

Edited by Miravlix
  • Like 3

First of all klei you and amplitude games are the best s2. Now the contributions and things i can tell to help.

Pros

_ superb multithread

_cool new prints balance lime and avoid giving things you dont have seen on map ( that removes the cool doscovery aspect for new players.

_ the new red priority makes total sense :)

Cool to have/ things i think everyone would like

_ new dupe traits

Gothic artist _ likes to make creep paintings and buildings + decor from these types and less from normal decors.

Maratonist _ this dupe gets quicker every second hes running

Sleeping beauty _ this dupe is so cute sleeping that gives decor for an area.

_new agressive critters like a ant with scythes on some new biome maybe full of dirt?

_events like rimworld but not too devasting ( other dupes or ppl visiting your colony going to hang out into some parts of the base.

_more art (yes much more) its strange to me artistists making the same paints and sculptures all the time, even could have some random madness on some cases.

I still have plenty of ideas but will stop now, write it on pc and post it on other topics sorry for kinda flooding here just too much excitement.

And again thanks klei for all :).

I rmeembered something, the fonts if yoi have big names overlap the jobs dupes have.

See ya.

• Like 1

On 31-1-2019 at 7:09 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Tile and Drywall overlapping is now disallowed in both construction orders

I'm just going to point out, next to my own separate topic, how this change makes it unable to retain gasses with pneumatic doors, gas permeable tiles and open airlocks. This change is frankly speaking rediculous and has to be reversed.

• Sad 1

Is anyone else experiencing continuous crashing when trying to launch the game with QoL2?

It'll flicker to the blackhole, before jumping back to the standard "in-testing" then just stop and close.

EDIT: Mods, it was the mods.

RIP Conveyor Rail Utilities, I shall miss you Item Dropper.

Edited by Yunru

On 31.01.2019 at 8:19 PM, Xuhybrid said:

Great work. However i was wondering if there'd be any changes to where dupes drop items when they get called to have a break or go to sleep. Especially in transit tubes but also just in general. The amount of times dupes just drop items and you find them at the bottom of ladders is quite high and if you combine that with them dropping items while inside transit tubes, you end up with items in some very peculiar and annoying places.

Yea that’s a real waste of time, sometimes the same item gets dropped twice even...

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 1:19 PM, Xuhybrid said:

Great work. However i was wondering if there'd be any changes to where dupes drop items when they get called to have a break or go to sleep. Especially in transit tubes but also just in general. The amount of times dupes just drop items and you find them at the bottom of ladders is quite high and if you combine that with them dropping items while inside transit tubes, you end up with items in some very peculiar and annoying places.

Perhaps this could be solved by making it so dupes don't drop whatever they're holding (in this situation) until they're standing on a solid surface?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Beowulfe said:

Perhaps this could be solved by making it so dupes don't drop whatever they're holding (in this situation) until they're standing on a solid surface?

This would be better than it's now, but still not ideal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:
On 31.1.2019 at 7:09 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

New Artifacts can be returned from space missions, either by astronauts or space tourists -- display them on Pedestals for high decor!

This time for real?

Can someone already provide some pics ? ;)

@Ipsquiggle: Would it be possible to include a storage category for the remaining solid gases in this update? (actually it should be consumable ores, same as other gases).

I'd imagine the fix could be as simple as adding the elements to a configuration list.

Bug links:

Spoiler

Edited by blash365
  • Like 1

I have a big problem. I dont know if is game related. But today I downloaded the last update and everything was fine, I start a fresh game, I was in cycle 1 but when I use the filters of temperature my screen became pink. Literally with vertical pink lines all over the screen, at first I believe it was a bug and quit the game but the problem wasnt solved by that. Now my screen is permanently pink. Does anyone has suffered from something similar..

By the way, Im not an english speaker so, if my english isnt right im sorry, i hope at least you could understeand what I wrote.

pinkscreen.png

Edited by edessamarkov
by the way, when I connect the tv with the HDMI cable, in the tv everything looks fine

1 hour ago, edessamarkov said:

I have a big problem. I dont know if is game related. But today I downloaded the last update and everything was fine, I start a fresh game, I was in cycle 1 but when I use the filters of temperature my screen became pink. Literally with vertical pink lines all over the screen, at first I believe it was a bug and quit the game but the problem wasnt solved by that. Now my screen is permanently pink. Does anyone has suffered from something similar..

By the way, Im not an english speaker so, if my english isnt right im sorry, i hope at least you could understeand what I wrote.

pinkscreen.png

This is what happens when your cable isnt correctly plugged in. Wiggle it.

5 hours ago, edessamarkov said:

Is a laptop, there are no wires :shock:

Probably just a loose ribbon cable. That's in internal issue, try opening and closing the screen down and up - see how that goes.

__

As of right now, with all the silly things i've been doing in game - like letting shine bugs run rampant, finally got a critter lure set up and some solar panels in the base ... 157,800 lux and 760 watts. I'm surprised there's no sunburn right? I guess the light is UV/IR free.

5c568748d98a7_20190203003811_1(2).thumb.jpg.f4974941925f4cae59e62089b372bcb8.jpg

when the sine bugs start complaining about being cramped in a room size of 2022 - quick, knock down another door somewhere.

Edited by The Plum Gate

5 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

157,800 lux and 760 watts. I'm surprised there's no sunburn right? I guess the light is UV/IR free.

I saw somebody get sunburn from shinebugs. If a dupe standed in the middle for a while they will surely get sunburnt. I guess the dupes just pass through and don`t stop in the light zone for too long.