QoL Upgrade Mk 2 Now Open For Testing! - 306320

1 minute ago, WanderingKid said:

The list is broken up for very low/very high/etc based on task type priority, then the particular task.  It makes sense to me, I guess.

But in the same category there shouldn´t be a tasks with a lower "total priority value" above a task with a higher one.

43 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Alrighty, a "little" 23-items list of what can be printed, likely complete, most likely not because there is apparently 500 kg lime and I do not doubt it (I am too lazy to look for the code, I rather load a save over a hundred times):

Hide contents
  • 3000 kg Coal (-41°C)
  • 3000 kg Sand (-31°C)
  • 2000 kg Clean Water (Bottle, 9°C)
  • 500 kg Algae (16.9°C)
  • 100 kg Oxylite (-31°C)
  • 4800 kcal Muckroot
  • 4000 kcal Nutrient Bar
  • 3 Vitamin Chews
  • 1 Snazzy Suit
  • 1 Shine Nymph
  • 3 Shine Nymph Egg
  • 1 Puftlet
  • 3 Puftlet Egg
  • 1 Hatchling
  • 3 Hatchling Egg
  • 1 Drecklet
  • 3 Drecklet Egg
  • 3 Briar Seed
  • 3 Joya Seed
  • 3 Mirth Leaf Seed
  • 2 Blossom Seed
  • 1 Fungal Spore
  • 1 Wort Seed

unless noted otherwise, anything comes as drops and at 293K (19.85°C), you get to choose between 1 and 2 objects and 2-3 Duplicants.(which may very well have three negative traits...)

What I'd like to add? 200 kg Wolframite & 200 kg Gold Amalgam! Oh and obviously, it's all up to change~

Printing eggs are nice, so having all of them go extinct because you didnt have time to care isnt as much of a thing anymore

• Like 7

Really like this update so far but was also sort of hoping that since the last QOL update reworked decor that this update would rework food and make it more interesting since that's another large source of morale. Not that it's bad the way it is, just feel like it could use more diversity and interesting choices more so in the late game possibly. 

45 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Alrighty, a "little" 23-items list of what can be printed, likely complete, most likely not because there is apparently 500 kg lime and I do not doubt it (I am too lazy to look for the code, I rather load a save over a hundred times):

Hide contents
  • 3000 kg Coal (-41°C)
  • 3000 kg Sand (-31°C)
  • 2000 kg Clean Water (Bottle, 9°C)
  • 500 kg Algae (16.9°C)
  • 100 kg Oxylite (-31°C)
  • 4800 kcal Muckroot
  • 4000 kcal Nutrient Bar
  • 3 Vitamin Chews
  • 1 Snazzy Suit
  • 1 Shine Nymph
  • 3 Shine Nymph Egg
  • 1 Puftlet
  • 3 Puftlet Egg
  • 1 Hatchling
  • 3 Hatchling Egg
  • 1 Drecklet
  • 3 Drecklet Egg
  • 3 Briar Seed
  • 3 Joya Seed
  • 3 Mirth Leaf Seed
  • 2 Blossom Seed
  • 1 Fungal Spore
  • 1 Wort Seed

unless noted otherwise, anything comes as drops and at 293K (19.85°C), you get to choose between 1 and 2 objects and 2-3 Duplicants.(which may very well have three negative traits...)

What I'd like to add? 200 kg Wolframite & 200 kg Gold Amalgam! Oh and obviously, it's all up to change~

how about 1 ton of dirt? honestly this just makes space more useless

• Like 1

I'm surprised the QoL updates doesn't do more balance changes, that'd be the least they could do because, while quality of life and bug fixing is nice in the long run, there should be more balance changes, so some things changes up at least without needing to add more content, I'm looking at you, Hydrofan.

The To-Do list is also really nice, lets you spot more "Colony flaws" in things like, too many Chores assigned.

Edited by Alfons100

9 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

But in the same category there shouldn´t be a tasks with a lower "total priority value" above a task with a higher one.

Oh, I see what you're talking about now.  Looks like it's just the Critter Feeder task that's a bit goofed.  Most of them work correctly.

5c5357bf3ef8e_PriorityMedium-1.JPG.ca9097bd41e51741842f6c865cc36431.JPG

5c5357c76278f_PriorityLow-5.JPG.e72dd3859748d72dc5cb0df3674ac778.JPG

6 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Really like this update so far but was also sort of hoping that since the last QOL update reworked decor that this update would rework food and make it more interesting since that's another large source of morale. Not that it's bad the way it is, just feel like it could use more diversity and interesting choices more so in the late game possibly. 

Honestly I'd just prefer if all the tooltips matched the restrictions as discussed in the system.  Décor right now is just confusing, and screws up a lot of newbies that get onto the Discord channel.

5c5357f872e34_CurrectDecorAverages.JPG.6aafbc55af430162c2fcea2bf86265d9.JPG5c5357fdc7b57_CurrentDecorvalues.JPG.8830ba9e3f6aabbd8aee5a7db366822c.JPG

It gets even worse when you can actually only see décor on the dupes:

5c5358fb2d8dc_CurrentDecorBooming.JPG.8e82b152408540ea612978f3711d0ffb.JPG

Edited by WanderingKid
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

I see now, Klei must have like I forgot about the conversion ratio of Lime to Steel, rather having thought about it as fossil.

Yup. Probably was meant to be 500kg fossil. That is what the testing preview is for.

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Printing Pod can now print objects other than Duplicants, to give your colony that little extra boost

New printing pod abilities were in demand but I'm not sure that such random choices are a good idea. Especially since it's possible to reload the game until a desirable option appears.

I'd like to suggest that the pod should need some form of update or to be submitted samples before being able to print other stuff, and require the player to select 3 cycles in advance the category of item that they wants (plant or critter or dupe or material or food, for instance).

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

"Long Commute Times" notification if Duplicants have a high percentage of travel time in a day

I wonder what this percentage is and if the deliver errands' travel time is included.

The new performance optimizations and the new screens are great! These help a lot with lag and managing priorities in the colony. Thank you!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mariilyn said:

New printing pod abilities were in demand but I'm not sure that such random choices are a good idea. Especially since it's possible to reload the game until a desirable option appears.

I'd like to suggest that the pod should need some form of update or to be submitted samples before being able to print other stuff, and require the player to select 3 cycles in advance the category of item that they wants (plant or critter or dupe or material or food, for instance).

I was thinking along the lines of a Printing Pod Control Module building we attach to the Printing Pod that allows us to select the kinds of items we want to print.

• Like 3

So, to anyone complaining about the rockets flight time, I just wrote a mod that change exactly that. I'm leaning toward adding dV consideration, so more fuel would mean less flight time. Any suggestion / brainstorming (hit me up on Discord, public ONI one is fine) is much appreciated :)

Edited by SethQuantix
  • Like 2

Thank you Klei, for all the devotion you put into this game. I made an account for these forums just so I could say this. But from the bottom of my heart thank you for making great games and always sticking to what you say. Even if there's a slight delay you say it politely and it always tell us when it will come. Both Don't Starve and Don't Starve have so much effort put into them now this thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Printing Pod can now print objects other than Duplicants, to give your colony that little extra boost

I've tried this and you can have every object, material, creatures, etc. of the game : wheezewort, creatures, water, algae, etc. And its works from the cycle 2 to infinite

In fact, we have a small free rocket in the base. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

I've tried this and you can have every object, material, creatures, etc. of the game : wheezewort, creatures, water, algae, etc. And its works from the cycle 2 to infinite

In fact, we have a small free rocket in the base. xD

a rocket that takes 4 cycles vs 30.  tell me why I want to build a rocket 

7 minutes ago, chemie said:

a rocket that takes 4 cycles vs 30.  tell me why I want to build a rocket 

Because you're bored, and no one can drive it for another 100 cycles.

EDIT: I'd also love to see a cycle 30 rocket.

Edited by WanderingKid

42 minutes ago, goboking said:

I was thinking along the lines of a Printing Pod Control Module building we attach to the Printing Pod that allows us to select the kinds of items we want to print.

Maybe ! I was thinking that new data input (for the pod to learn how to synthesize genetic ooze in order to print objects other than dupes) is more compatible with the game lore, since [mild spoiler?] the pod (or player) is a sentient entity, choosing by itself what to print every 3 cycles or so.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

Not sure if that is a real issue in a singleplayer game. If you like to reload, why not ...

I got a slickster larva on my first printer use ...

In a new colony that would be CO2 management done ;)

=> Critters should be only available after you have tamed one (I prefer tamed over discovered in this context)

Or why not tie the options to discovered lore / points of interest ?

• Like 1

I got a slickster larva from the printing pod - next offer was 3 shine nymph eggs. I like what they've done here. Now I'll start checking the pod every time.

Now, someone said that they got a critter count from somewhere - I would be interested to know where this is.

Edited by The Plum Gate