QoL Upgrade Mk 2 Now Open For Testing! - 306320

6 minutes ago, blash365 said:

I like the new update, but for some reason i am not compelled to continue my game, because the rocket missions (which is essentially what i am waiting for all the time) are so time-consuming and repetitive.

Not sure how to improve the situation, but starting the game now would just mean to sit through 1-2 rocket missions (~10-20+ cycles). And those are not even very remote destinations.

I agree.  rockets need help as waiting 20 cycles for 1 ton of dirt is not fun.  I see lots of bug fixes but not a lot of content or game play fixes

5 minutes ago, Brothgar said:

There seems to be a small problem with door access.

I'f your migrating from stable to testing, You should just go through all your special doors and hit the arrows on and off, it will update the door for you. I just noticed this problem as well.

Edited by The Plum Gate
brevity.
  • Like 2

Great work. However i was wondering if there'd be any changes to where dupes drop items when they get called to have a break or go to sleep. Especially in transit tubes but also just in general. The amount of times dupes just drop items and you find them at the bottom of ladders is quite high and if you combine that with them dropping items while inside transit tubes, you end up with items in some very peculiar and annoying places.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, chemie said:

I agree.  rockets need help as waiting 20 cycles for 1 ton of dirt is not fun.  I see lots of bug fixes but not a lot of content or game play fixes

It was announced ahead of time that we shouldnt expect content. So that's fine with me.

But a bit of fine tuning towards rocket missions would be great.

6 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Sounds nice in theory, but I dislike this very much. Research is limited and raising the learning skill of duplicants early seems more favorable than beeing a bit faster. (Your still able to limit research to just high learning skill duplicants without much effort.)

You can always simply disable the research task for dupes that you do not wish to gain more research points. I dont see the problem. If you dont disable the task, it was a 50/50 chance before of which dupe would perform the task. Now it is "most efficient wins", which is far more favorable in most scenarios.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chemie said:

I do agree that this should be tweaked eventually, but I'm more than glad to wait for that in favour of game performance optimization and bug fixes. Get the game running smooth first, worry about content and game play tweaking later.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brothgar said:

There seems to be a small problem with door access.

image.thumb.png.574592870c297f604a217c98755192f5.png

image.thumb.png.ebe0cb79c09ba07de24887a16abe9d46.png

2 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I'f your migrating from stable to testing, You should just go through all your special doors and hit the arrows on and off, it will update the door for you.

Noticed this one - looks like migration problem with stable->preview at the first glance, but seems like door permissions get reset every time you load the save.

• Like 1

Actually i somewhat disapointed with this update, but must admit, programmers did a really good job. 

No new buildings, no new creatures, no expansion of current mechanics/systems, no exploit fixes.

In summary: no real game changers, and a closest ones are months ahead.

3 minutes ago, Eugeni said:

No new buildings, no new creatures, no expansion of current mechanics/systems, no exploit fixes.

In summary: no real game changers, and a closest ones are months ahead.

We knew no new buildings, critters, plants, etc were possible in updates of this nature, but it's still a bit deflating when it actually plays out that way.

Alrighty, a "little" 23-items list of what can be printed, likely complete, most likely not because there is apparently 500 kg lime and I do not doubt it (I am too lazy to look for the code, I rather load a save over a hundred times):

Spoiler
  • 3000 kg Coal (-41°C)
  • 3000 kg Sand (-31°C)
  • 2000 kg Clean Water (Bottle, 9°C)
  • 500 kg Algae (16.9°C)
  • 100 kg Oxylite (-31°C)
  • 4800 kcal Muckroot
  • 4000 kcal Nutrient Bar
  • 3 Vitamin Chews
  • 1 Snazzy Suit
  • 1 Shine Nymph
  • 3 Shine Nymph Egg
  • 1 Puftlet
  • 3 Puftlet Egg
  • 1 Hatchling
  • 3 Hatchling Egg
  • 1 Drecklet
  • 3 Drecklet Egg
  • 3 Briar Seed
  • 3 Joya Seed
  • 3 Mirth Leaf Seed
  • 2 Blossom Seed
  • 1 Fungal Spore
  • 1 Wort Seed

unless noted otherwise, anything comes as drops and at 293K (19.85°C), you get to choose between 1 and 2 objects and 2-3 Duplicants.(which may very well have three negative traits...)

What I'd like to add? 200 kg Wolframite & 200 kg Gold Amalgam! Oh and obviously, it's all up to change~

Edited by SakuraKoi
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, blash365 said:
36 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Sounds nice in theory, but I dislike this very much. Research is limited and raising the learning skill of duplicants early seems more favorable than beeing a bit faster. (Your still able to limit research to just high learning skill duplicants without much effort.)

You can always simply disable the research task for dupes that you do not wish to gain more research points. I dont see the problem. If you dont disable the task, it was a 50/50 chance before of which dupe would perform the task. Now it is "most efficient wins", which is far more favorable in most scenarios.

Changed the bad to dislike ;)

Yeah it´s the most efficient dupe that will perform the task, thats a good change.

But with increasing exp requirements to level a skill it´s the duplicant which will gain the least benefit from doing the research.

My biggest concern is that the scheduler will now look at a task in progress.

A little mindgame:

If your duplicant with the highest learning skill is not set to the highest priority on research you end up with him kicking someone else off the station, but then he decides to do something else short afterwards.

=> It´s about how much benefit does the faster researcher provide compared to the added travel time ?

PS: Printing 500kg Lime seems a bit unbalanced and I am not sure if adding wolframite would be a good idea.

(Would prefer if wolframite/tungsten wouldn´t be added, but would love an option for bleach stone.)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
Bleach stone ;)

4 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Alrighty, a "little" 23-items list of what can be printed, likely complete, most likely not because there is apparently 500 kg lime and I do not doubt it (I am too lazy to look for the code, I rather load a save over a hundred times):

Hide contents
  • 3000 kg Coal (-41°C)
  • 3000 kg Sand (-31°C)
  • 2000 kg Clean Water (Bottle, 9°C)
  • 500 kg Algae (16.9°C)
  • 100 kg Oxylite (-31°C)
  • 1800 kcal Muckroot
  • 4000 kcal Nutrient Bar
  • 3 Vitamin Chews
  • 1 Snazzy Suit
  • 1 Shine Nymph
  • 3 Shine Nymph Egg
  • 1 Puftlet
  • 3 Puftlet Egg
  • 1 Hatchling
  • 3 Hatchling Egg
  • 1 Drecklet
  • 3 Drecklet Egg
  • 3 Briar Seed
  • 3 Joya Seed
  • 3 Mirth Leaf Seed
  • 2 Blossom Seed
  • 1 Fungal Spore
  • 1 Wort Seed

forgot 4800 Kcal muckroot

5 minutes ago, Flydo said:

forgot 4800 Kcal muckroot

nope, didn't forget it but somehow turned the 4 into a 1

7 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

PS: Printing Lime seems a bit unbalanced and I am not sure if adding wolframite would be a good idea.7

it's all about how much it is really, 200 kg sounds imho fair. It's not like you can built a rocket with it... though with the lime you could.

Regarding Research: As much as I'd like to say: Just build another bench, I have to add that there should a a way to let duplicants "learn" even after everything has been researched.

13 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:
25 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

PS: Printing Lime seems a bit unbalanced and I am not sure if adding wolframite would be a good idea.7

it's all about how much it is really, 200 kg sounds imho fair. It's not like you can built a rocket with it... though with the lime you could.

Ok my concerns were regarding prinintg 500kg of it ;)  (You need just 1280kg lime to build a layer of bunker tiles.)

odd.thumb.png.542d0f23030ddbec62acd7deba65fba7.png

The order and the total priority doesn´t match in some cases.

If critter feeders should be a higher priority their "total priority" value should be higher aswell.

Store Barbeque is displayed in an odd way (UI scale 120%):

bbq.thumb.png.bbea59bdfdcbb231ce2bfd0ca3dec08e.png

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Ok my concerns were regarding prinintg 500kg of it ;)  (You need just 1280kg lime to build a layer of bunker tiles.)

I see now, Klei must have like I forgot about the conversion ratio of Lime to Steel, rather having thought about it as fossil.

41 minutes ago, chemie said:

I see lots of bug fixes but not a lot of content or game play fixes

I expect content fixes in the balance updates. They announced that they will focus on QoL and balance. The latest 2 upgrades are QoL. I Expect balance to come right after. Some things are obviously unbalanced but the devs don`t touch it seemingly on purpose. I think the plan is to fix it all (most of it) in one upgrade.

• Like 1

Just now, Denisetwin said:
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added a new priority to the Priority tool, "!!". This will make a highest-priority errand and put the base into Red Alert mode until it is completed

THANK YOU!  Save for the entombed dupes!

Is the new priority useful on storage compactors ?

(Everytime there is a possible task set the colony on red alert ...)

First, for this... thank you:

Resolution can now be set even in windowed mode

Resolution is saved and reapplied correctly when the game is relaunched

So, some graphical items when playing 1080x720, which I'm correctly set to.

Esc-Graphics

5c5350619636a_Graphicssettings.JPG.d25fa6dc73f64735b2ee424401cafed8.JPG

Reports seems to have some minor glitches.  Some of the text items are overlapping, and hover text on right for store gold amalgam say 5 on right, but tooltip is for 7 outstanding on left.

5c5350c95ee08_Reports-Chores.JPG.fd9fbedf090019f1cc8d0f1ae67dcd70.JPG

This should come in a lot handier for dealing with the confusion for power systems (and, presumably, the mess that is fertilizations) however it would appear the errand is still not locked in for one manufacturing->one tuneup.  This still has issues with high priority settings on the power center.

5c53518528d9e_Errandssidebarpower.JPG.38cb7c389833f427742123884e0fe4f8.JPG

Tiles can no longer be built overtop of Gravitas Facility Windows

Okay, but no one cares about that.  What we care is that we can't deconstruct this, along with tables, chairs, ladders, and other parts of the ruins:

Chandelier.JPG.29eaad7ca3daee9c264ee94ed28da435.JPG

And is there any news on the schroedinger's bunker door issues that have been around for a while?  They become incredibly frustrating the more you get into the space region.  The older issue(s) I reposted again on the bug tracker rather recently.  I'd really hoped they were already going to be in this update.

EDIT:

The issue continues.  Being elsewhere on the screen and coming back shows that doors are wide open during a meteor strike starting.  My scanner system is 120-200s, and my automation is simplistic.  I included the Filter settings just for awareness before any nitpicking, as I've given up stalling the doors for more solar power.  This issue is aggravating enough to be breaking enough things that I really don't want to play anymore until it's fixed.

5c5369657016d_Schroedingerscontinues.thumb.JPG.74e2313d569c2c2c44c73cfd856fcf27.JPG

Edited by WanderingKid
  • Like 3