TheKingDedede

What could the new, fleshed out backstories be?

minespatch    45,186
43 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

he himself is from the land down under.

It explains why Webber has a British dialect in some lines.

• Like 1

TurtleKitty    633

I'm hoping there's also more full name reveals.
Webber's human name, Wes' last name, Wickerbottom's first name {I headcanon "Morgana"}, Willow's last name, etc.

• Like 1

ModsterMash    412

I'm still processing that they are actually finally going through with backstories. Like, individual character backstory treatment! Wow! I've only started playing last year and can only imagine how long some people have waited for this to happen. 

I'm interested in seeing the method Klei will use to show us these backstories. Like, are we talking some paragraphs and related images? Or will they go all out with a comic or even an animation? Can't wait to find out!

Just now, TurtleKitty said:

I'm hoping there's also more full name reveals.
Webber's human name, Wes' last name, Wickerbottom's first name {I headcanon "Morgana"}, Willow's last name, etc.

I really want this too! It's not fair that only Wilson and Max have full names!

21 minutes ago, minespatch said:

It explains why Webber has a British dialect in some lines.

Interesting! Can you give some examples of this, if it's not too much trouble? :)

• Like 2

TurtleKitty    633
15 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

I'm interested in seeing the method Klei will use to show us these backstories. Like, are we talking some paragraphs and related images? Or will they go all out with a comic or even an animation? Can't wait to find out!

I automatically presumed an event and redone quotes but comics or animations would be unbelievably spectacular. My eyes are shoujo sparkling now. 

• Like 3

RogueGamer12    178

I'm quite hoping to know what's going on between Woodie and Lucy. Along side his curse.

Or how Willow likes burning things and someone not taking much damage from them. (No damage from them at all in DS)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ModsterMash    412
12 hours ago, minespatch said:

There's several parts of dialogue where he calls his mother "mum".

Er... Lot of things remind him of Grandpa.:wilson_shocked:

Thank you for the examples. Aww, Webber's family quotes always get me! :wilson_cry: This does seem like a hint at something like an English background, very interesting.

• Like 3

Maknov    777

I wanna know when Wendy started being haunted by Abigail, did she just immediately appear as a ghost after death, or is there more to it? :wilsondisappointed:

(I'm also really keen on learning more about Wagstaff! Winona's old quotes mentioned her boss disappearing... I want to know more! :wilson_shocked:

• Like 2

Spaartan    921
4 hours ago, Maknov said:

I wanna know when Wendy started being haunted by Abigail, did she just immediately appear as a ghost after death, or is there more to it? :wilsondisappointed:

(I'm also really keen on learning more about Wagstaff! Winona's old quotes mentioned her boss disappearing... I want to know more! :wilson_shocked:

probably came as part of the forbidden knowledge sales quote: "if you learn this and make this hookey-mathingy you can get your sister back!"

• Like 1

TurtleKitty    633
5 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im more interested in the new Characters Backstory, if you ask me pulling a Demon Goat Thing into the constant is totally random

He's probably a Krampus or something very similar. 

• Like 1

axxel    594
3 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

He's probably a Krampus or something very similar. 

It seems he got fluffier, too. Maybe overhaul to resemble to a Krampus? Whatever, pure speculation.

Szczuku    5,735
5 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

The way Winona's presented through quotes and stuff, I feel like they're trying to make her the character that pulls the survivors together and off of one-anothers' throats.

Nice theory but I'm afraid they simply put her in every drawing cuz:

a) She has a bad reputation

b) She needs to catch up with other survivors when it comes to art

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Zeklo    13,672
17 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Nice theory but I'm afraid they simply put her in every drawing cuz:

b) She needs to catch up with other survivors when it comes to art

That's great and all but doesn't address her quotes whatsoever—which was the main point stated by lifetheuniverse.

Szczuku    5,735
Just now, Zeklo said:

That's great and all but doesn't address her quotes whatsoever—which was the main point stated by lifetheuniverse.

Whoops, looks like I did an oopsie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SinancoTheBest    106
On 29.01.2019 at 5:04 PM, axxel said:

I think it's a reference to an older cartoon (before 2000 I think) called Walter Mellon. It aired in Europe but I dunno if is was airung in Canada.

OMG is that the one where the character ran a substitution agency and substituted the role of an important person (James Bond, Power Rangers, Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, Frankenstain's Monster...) when they couldn't go to work to cover for them??! So much nostalgia, I'm enlightened <3

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

minespatch    45,186
On 2/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, Szczuku said:

For Winona's wrestling skin, she needs a Joan Jett themed skin.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 1

Szczuku    5,735
5 minutes ago, HaloFTheSun1 said:

Charlie and Winona 

Yeah i think tchem being American is pretty much canon as Winona used to have quotes that reffered to Great Depresion

• Like 3

HaloFTheSun1    55

Forgot woodie is obviously Canadian and Webber not only British but Scottish (quotes saying how the tam reminded him of his grandfather).  I looked up where in Scotland and there is a small island that has goats.

Edited by HaloFTheSun1
  • Like 1

Rellimarual    3,602
22 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Yeah i think tchem being American is pretty much canon as Winona used to have quotes that reffered to Great Depresion

The Great Depression affected Canada, too, but I agree that she in particular seems American because of her Rosie the Riveter allusions.

• Like 1