Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

TheKingDedede

What could the new, fleshed out backstories be?

Recommended Posts

minespatch    58,837
43 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

he himself is from the land down under.

It explains why Webber has a British dialect in some lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TurtleKitty    1,161

I'm hoping there's also more full name reveals.
Webber's human name, Wes' last name, Wickerbottom's first name {I headcanon "Morgana"}, Willow's last name, etc.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ModsterMash    425

I'm still processing that they are actually finally going through with backstories. Like, individual character backstory treatment! Wow! I've only started playing last year and can only imagine how long some people have waited for this to happen. 

I'm interested in seeing the method Klei will use to show us these backstories. Like, are we talking some paragraphs and related images? Or will they go all out with a comic or even an animation? Can't wait to find out!

Just now, TurtleKitty said:

I'm hoping there's also more full name reveals.
Webber's human name, Wes' last name, Wickerbottom's first name {I headcanon "Morgana"}, Willow's last name, etc.
 

I really want this too! It's not fair that only Wilson and Max have full names!

21 minutes ago, minespatch said:

It explains why Webber has a British dialect in some lines.

Interesting! Can you give some examples of this, if it's not too much trouble? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TurtleKitty    1,161
15 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

I'm interested in seeing the method Klei will use to show us these backstories. Like, are we talking some paragraphs and related images? Or will they go all out with a comic or even an animation? Can't wait to find out!

I automatically presumed an event and redone quotes but comics or animations would be unbelievably spectacular. My eyes are shoujo sparkling now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,837
On 1/31/2019 at 10:11 PM, ModsterMash said:

Interesting! Can you give some examples of this, if it's not too much trouble? :)

There's several parts of dialogue where he calls his mother "mum".

Quote
  1. Sewing KitSewing Kit- "Mum used to handle all of our sewing."
  2. Cooked EggEgg (cooked)- "Fried just like mum did."
  3. Braised EggplantBraised Eggplant- "Mum knew I liked it braised."
  4. PowdercakePowdercake- "Mum never let me have these."
  5. BlueprintBlueprint- "'Follow the instructions', mum always said."
Quote
  1. Tam o' ShanterTam o' Shanter- "Reminds me of grandpa."

Er... Lot of things remind him of Grandpa.:wilson_shocked:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RogueGamer12    914

I'm quite hoping to know what's going on between Woodie and Lucy. Along side his curse.

Or how Willow likes burning things and someone not taking much damage from them. (No damage from them at all in DS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PanAzej    1,936

Well, considering that about half of the cast doesn't have a backstory at all, I'd expect something.

For the rest, about whose backstory we know (Wilson, Maxwell) I expect it to just tell us stuff we already know.

(inb4 DS goes Overwatch route and now everyone and their pet dog is homosexual)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ModsterMash    425
12 hours ago, minespatch said:

There's several parts of dialogue where he calls his mother "mum".

Er... Lot of things remind him of Grandpa.:wilson_shocked:

Thank you for the examples. Aww, Webber's family quotes always get me! :wilson_cry: This does seem like a hint at something like an English background, very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    2,696

I wanna know when Wendy started being haunted by Abigail, did she just immediately appear as a ghost after death, or is there more to it? :wilsondisappointed:

(I'm also really keen on learning more about Wagstaff! Winona's old quotes mentioned her boss disappearing... I want to know more! :wilson_shocked:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spaartan    953
4 hours ago, Maknov said:

I wanna know when Wendy started being haunted by Abigail, did she just immediately appear as a ghost after death, or is there more to it? :wilsondisappointed:

(I'm also really keen on learning more about Wagstaff! Winona's old quotes mentioned her boss disappearing... I want to know more! :wilson_shocked:

probably came as part of the forbidden knowledge sales quote: "if you learn this and make this hookey-mathingy you can get your sister back!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4,061

I'm imagining something along the lines of going through how Winona got here, then she meets and gets to know the survivors and their backstories. Maybe a comic, maybe an animation, who knows. Something semi-contiguous but multi-part.

The way Winona's presented through quotes and stuff, I feel like they're trying to make her the character that pulls the survivors together and off of one-anothers' throats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TurtleKitty    1,161
5 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im more interested in the new Characters Backstory, if you ask me pulling a Demon Goat Thing into the constant is totally random

He's probably a Krampus or something very similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
axxel    995
3 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

He's probably a Krampus or something very similar. 

It seems he got fluffier, too. Maybe overhaul to resemble to a Krampus? Whatever, pure speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    8,679
5 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

The way Winona's presented through quotes and stuff, I feel like they're trying to make her the character that pulls the survivors together and off of one-anothers' throats.

Nice theory but I'm afraid they simply put her in every drawing cuz:

a) She has a bad reputation

b) She needs to catch up with other survivors when it comes to art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    16,718
17 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Nice theory but I'm afraid they simply put her in every drawing cuz:

a) She has a bad reputation

b) She needs to catch up with other survivors when it comes to art

That's great and all but doesn't address her quotes whatsoever—which was the main point stated by lifetheuniverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    8,679
Just now, Zeklo said:

That's great and all but doesn't address her quotes whatsoever—which was the main point stated by lifetheuniverse.

Whoops, looks like I did an oopsie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SinancoTheBest    922
On 29.01.2019 at 5:04 PM, axxel said:

I think it's a reference to an older cartoon (before 2000 I think) called Walter Mellon. It aired in Europe but I dunno if is was airung in Canada.

OMG is that the one where the character ran a substitution agency and substituted the role of an important person (James Bond, Power Rangers, Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, Frankenstain's Monster...) when they couldn't go to work to cover for them??! So much nostalgia, I'm enlightened <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,837
On 2/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, Szczuku said:

a) She has a bad reputation

For Winona's wrestling skin, she needs a Joan Jett themed skin.:wilson_sneaky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaloFTheSun1    55

I think most of the characters are based on Canadian immigration history, that most are either British, French and maybe American backgrounds.  Klei is a Canadian company and the time frame the game is based in, kind matches up. I mean the British (European I actually think)  could move to American and Canada with no problems.  Just putting that out there .  Also max story started in Britain and moved to American and Wolfgang has a broken accent and Wes is a mime which is a French thing.  Who I think is American is willow, Charlie and Winona . Probably others but they three stands out the most for American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    8,679
5 minutes ago, HaloFTheSun1 said:

Charlie and Winona 

Yeah i think tchem being American is pretty much canon as Winona used to have quotes that reffered to Great Depresion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaloFTheSun1    55

 

Forgot woodie is obviously Canadian and Webber not only British but Scottish (quotes saying how the tam reminded him of his grandfather).  I looked up where in Scotland and there is a small island that has goats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rellimarual    4,030
22 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Yeah i think tchem being American is pretty much canon as Winona used to have quotes that reffered to Great Depresion

The Great Depression affected Canada, too, but I agree that she in particular seems American because of her Rosie the Riveter allusions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites