Sign in to follow this  
FuffledBeeQueen

Fashion Forward - More Stuff for your Skin needs

JustCrimson    415
13 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'd be lying if I said I'm not deeply saddened by these news, but I do understand your decision. Between dealing with the toxicity of internet communities and the sheer amount of work this particular project requires and will require, especially with Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs and the 4th DLC character coming to DST soon, it's perfectly understandable if you want to stop or take a break (hopefully the latter). Take care.

He isnt giving up on the mod, just the community

Jessie223    793

i've assumed that they've left because of the last thread they've participated in (so i thought of this as a strange overreaction), but it seems that was just the last straw on the camel's back

i don't think anybody wanted them to leave, hopefully the progress for their project isn't over especially with what appears to be a lot of people waiting for a release

Rosten    913
15 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

i've assumed that they've left because of the last thread they've participated in (so i thought of this as a strange overreaction), but it seems that was just the last straw on the camel's back

i don't think anybody wanted them to leave, hopefully the progress for their project isn't over especially with what appears to be a lot of people waiting for a release

Seemed pretty clear that the mod isn't getting a public release. Rip.

Leonardo Cox    534
21 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Like this, don’t say stuff like this. I’m friends with Fuffles outside of the community so I’m aware of how rude people have been to him. I’m sure it’s not you’re intention, but avoid presuming to know someone’s situation and definitely don’t try to attack or laugh at someone when they’re already upset. 

Just be nicer. If Fuffles decides to come back and share the free content that he’s spent 1,000+ hours making, then that’s fantastic. Ultimately it’s gonna be his decision alone.

(I should make it clear that even though I’m friends with Fuffles, I don’t speak for him)

Idk if you've ever been there when this stuff happens, but he has a history of being arrogant and pretty rude to people right off the bat. A good example is when he left all the public discords. It started off as an innocent conversation where Fuffles thought the malbatross wings were 3D, when proof was shown that it was just fancy 2D animation tricks, rather than admitting he was wrong, he instead double downed and got to the point where he was faking evidence to back up his claims. When called out on it, he called everyone stupid for falling for an epic troll, called us all triggered and proceeded to leave several discords. He turned into drama for no reason. This is a common theme with him and has been for a long time.

Now ofc people shouldn't be mean to Fuffles or harass him and its a shame that he decided to leave, etc etc. But if you're going to be outright rude or talk down to people, people aren't going to be nice to you in return. A fact that Fuffles doesn't seem to understand. I do hope he returns and keeps up with modding, because he does do pretty great work, especially with art.

Zeklo    18239
10 minutes ago, Leonardo Cox said:

-snip-

With all due respect. I can name several poor traits for lot of people—including you. But this is no the place for it.

If they cover shame or embarrassment with anger or outlash, yes that may be a problem. But if they are most comfortable with leaving the situation then so be it. It's a fine method of de-escalating both aggressors because they stop being in contact.
I'd go into more detail but it's both unnecessary and off-topic.

If Fuffles feels comfortable to return they will, and if not they won't.

No need to try and pick at their reasoning, or "disprove" that they are a victim or not.

Rosten    913
8 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

No need to try and pick at their reasoning, or "disprove" that they are a victim or not.

Nah, what Leonardo says is absolutely necessary. The way Fuffles is acting like they're a victim who the horrible toxic community forced out of modding is pretty gross given how they actually acted. This community has had issues with toxicity around modding in the past, and we don't need people pretending like there's been a relapse when no such thing has actually happened since that kind of thing can cause other modders to start being uncomfortable with creating and being apart of this community for fear of facing made-up persecution.

Edited by Rosten

Zeklo    18239
3 minutes ago, Rosten said:

Nah, what Leonardo says is absolutely necessary. The way Fuffles is acting like they're a victim who the horrible toxic community forced out of modding is pretty gross given how they actually acted. This community has had issues with toxicity around modding in the past, and we don't need people pretending like there's been a relapse when no such thing has actually happened since that kind of thing can cause other modders to start being uncomfortable with creating and being apart of this community.

Being unable to handle (and I quote 'stupid') people isn't victimizing themselves. The worse part is referring to people as 'stupid'. Otherwise they're just cutting themselves off. Any an all other assumptions are just that.

And while I didn't catch the whole situation—Fuffles was correct.
I (and I'm not even a modder) am completely aware of several projects that were going to use .dyn files to do both protect their own work and do things that Klei would normally not allow otherwise. Yet [certain individuals] still jumped to conclusions and called them selfish and aiming solely for personal gain.

But that's not even the point. It doesn't matter how innocent or guilty you see them. The only reason to "spread it around" is to ruin their reputation or tarnish their name—accurate or not. It's both not appropriate by any means or proper for these forums.

Tosh    617
3 hours ago, Leonardo Cox said:

It was actually my idea that that the Malbatross wings were 3D—I still believe that the wings were based on a rotating 3D plane as a reference (with the 3D waterfalls and Warly’s animation being partly 3D, that isn’t actually that insane).

Again, I know Fuffles outside of this so I might have a better grasp on his mannerisms and sense of humour, but I didn’t see him being rude in this situation at all. What I saw was a group of people essentially calling him idiotic for having a different perspective. When he realised we were both mistaken about it being pure 3D, he chose to de-escalate it by turning playful and showing off an obviously fake .ogg file. People were actually quite nasty about it and nobody has to justify staying there.

It’s the internet and we all have the choice to be where we feel comfortable and leave places where we don’t want to be.

EDIT: Having looked back over the screenshots with Leo, the exchange was a lot more civil than either of us remembered. Chalking it up to a misunderstanding on both sides.  

Edited by Tosh

Leonardo Cox    534
26 minutes ago, Tosh said:

-snip-

I agree this is not the place to continue this discussion. But if you're interested in continuing this I'm free in my DMs or other places (like Discord). If this is all truly a misunderstanding (which I doubt) then perhaps we can settle it there. 

Edit: Also just looking through the screencaps now, we weren't even rude to him (we didn't even him call idiotic). I'm even seeing stuff that doesn't line up with your post.

Edited by Leonardo Cox

ImDaMisterL    20438

Since the mod author has already stated they will turn their mod private, I'll be locking this thread to avoid further arguing.

Remember not to directly insult other users in your posts, seeing as that can derail threads and turn discussions toxic.

Thanks for understanding.

If the mod author would like to reopen their mod to the public, and thus reopen this thread, just DM me asking for it.

Edited by ImDaMisterL