Sign in to follow this  
Fuffles

Fashion Forward - More Stuff for your Skin needs

Fuffles    3889
2 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

Aw, I see your plans for a beta didn't work out

It's okay though, please dont feel inclined to rush or put out an unfinished product for a self-imposed deadline

I already feel like I have to rush to put out something

bitcrushed_rage    1238
2 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I already feel like I have to rush to put out something

You don't have to, though
Just get to a point where you feel it's a polished enough thing to release it. 
Updates later are always more hype anyway, and you won't have to set as many tight deadlines, nor will you feel the need to include a ton of stuff in each update, opposed to release where it's easy to feel like you're maybe not including enough 

Just pray that the new character doesn't have anything that'd need skins. You're probably covered on ghosts, if the other DLC characters are good indicators

I hope you don't let this stress you out

Fuffles    3889
20 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

You don't have to, though
Just get to a point where you feel it's a polished enough thing to release it. 
Updates later are always more hype anyway, and you won't have to set as many tight deadlines, nor will you feel the need to include a ton of stuff in each update, opposed to release where it's easy to feel like you're maybe not including enough 

Just pray that the new character doesn't have anything that'd need skins. You're probably covered on ghosts, if the other DLC characters are good indicators

I hope you don't let this stress you out

I mean the general problem with the release of this mod is the ground code-work, I want it to be flexible enough where I dont have to rewrite everything every update when I add something new, I want it to be easy to use. This is what takes up a lot of time and a lot of random bugs I find along the private testing

I want the release to be perfect, sadly that's just hard and time consuming

Edited by FuffledBeeQueen

bitcrushed_rage    1238
3 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I mean the general problem with the release of this mod is the ground code-work, I want it to be flexible enough where I dont have to rewrite everything every update when I add something new, I want it to be easy to use. This is what takes up a lot of time and a lot of random bugs I find along the private testing

I want the release to be perfect, sadly that's just hard and time consuming

Well, I'm sure no ones gonna be mad at you for that

bitcrushed_rage    1238
9 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

Sometimes I feel like you put more effort into skins than Klei does and you can't convince me otherwise :)

It's moreso the odd inconsistencies. All of the sudden, Wortox and Wormwood both get their own skinned ghosts, but no one else does?
And now the new Woodie forms, those literally contain remnants of Woodie's default skin, which makes the transformation that much weirder...

Tosh    621
45 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

I‘m not gonna give any spoilers, but from everything Fuffles has shown me, it’s definitely worth the wait.

Fuffles    3889

Let's just put it this way, soon tm, but I am close to the finish line (For now Im going to ingnore the new Hallowed Nights Skins for the releases sake)
In the mean time I guess I can show that your death and respawn will be 100% HQ
New                                                           Old
dontstarve_steam_2019-10-24_13-19-30.pngdontstarve_steam_2019-10-23_17-56-28.png

Nickolai    1259
2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I love the new lightning

Btw will there be Wx-78 skins for some items containing gears?

Fuffles    3889

Sorry, but Im done with this community,
Fashion Forward is never going to go into public access and instead its going to turn into a private mod.
Im sorry, but I can't handle these stupid people anymore

Thalkas    1234
22 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Fashion Forward is never going to go into public access and instead its going to turn into a private mod.

Its one of the most sad moment in my gamer life. Really wanted to see this mod released... but I can understand your decision. I hope you will have in mind good moments from community and now spend time as you wish. Thank you for hard work and see you someday maybe.

Tosh    621

Reading through the thread, knowing how toxic this community can be in general and to you specifically, I completely understand the decision. 

Thalkas    1234
25 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Reading through the thread, knowing how toxic this community can be in general and to you specifically, I completely understand the decision. 

Last time I saw it. Community started be so toxic and I have no idea why. Can understand sometimes write something which doesnt agree with opinion, because we have freedom of speech. But freedom of speech should be neutral, not directly atack anyone or someone's feelings. I see people start doing public toilet and pour out slops at others like they are a lavatory with a flush, but this lavatory can sometimes clog up. And throw eveything. I think people need "rain from this lavatory" to cool down and wise up too.

n3D BItRD    4
23 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Let's just put it this way, soon tm, but I am close to the finish line (For now Im going to ingnore the new Hallowed Nights Skins for the releases sake)
New                                                           Old
dontstarve_steam_2019-10-24_13-19-30.pngdontstarve_steam_2019-10-23_17-56-28.png

Man I was really looking forward to your mods

sucks that I won't be able to see these gorgeous skin mods, Those webber legs really look 3D 

also that's a nice screenshot with all the birds around the 3D legs.

JustCrimson    593
3 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I've been waiting hella long time for this and have offered to help a few times aswell. I doubt I can do anything close to what you've done but if you like I could still try to take over for you and help finish it (id probably try to get Leo to help me tho since he is big brain)

Honeslty I dont think id be able to do **** and anything I would do would probably be awful and it would be better to give it to someone like Leo who has proved he knows what the **** hes doing I just dont want you to throw this entire project in the trash as you've come so far and it shows so much potential

Who has the toga profile picture now @Leonardo Cox? lmao

Edited by JustCrimson

Lbphero    2602

why do you keep leaving communities because you lose an argument, people don't hate you if you're wrong about these kinds of things

QuartzBeam    1981

I'd be lying if I said I'm not deeply saddened by these news, but I do understand your decision. Between dealing with the toxicity of internet communities and the sheer amount of work this particular project requires and will require, especially with Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs and the 4th DLC character coming to DST soon, it's perfectly understandable if you want to stop or take a break (hopefully the latter). Take care.

Tosh    621
9 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

The first version of the mod is pretty much done save for a small amount of coding. Fuffles has put in an insane amount of time and effort into this mod so I think whatever he decides to do with it is the right thing. This may sound overly altruistic, but the best way people can help is by being nicer in the DS community as a whole. 

11 minutes ago, lbphero said:

why do you keep leaving communities because you lose an argument, people don't hate you if you're wrong about these kinds of things

Like this, don’t say stuff like this. I’m friends with Fuffles outside of the community so I’m aware of how rude people have been to him. I’m sure it’s not you’re intention, but avoid presuming to know someone’s situation and definitely don’t try to attack or laugh at someone when they’re already upset. 

Just be nicer. If Fuffles decides to come back and share the free content that he’s spent 1,000+ hours making, then that’s fantastic. Ultimately it’s gonna be his decision alone.

(I should make it clear that even though I’m friends with Fuffles, I don’t speak for him)

Tosh    621
6 minutes ago, lbphero said:

are you aware of why he left majority of ds discords

Yes, I was there. Knowing him, the way people were talking to him and a bit more about his life, I think he definitely made the decision that was right for him.