Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

FuffledBeeQueen

Fashion Forward - More Stuff for your Skin needs

FuffledBeeQueen    3,268

J37I3Oh.png

Hey,

I think its time to reannounce this, ya hear?
In case you wonder "What in the everliving evergreen is this?!" then you might be new or didn't notice this project at first. This project originally started late 2017 as "Skin Essentials", then changed to "Skin Advancements", but has been pulled back due to... issues. Im not going to sit and lie here that this project is almost ready to play, It's close! but not close enough... But I might as well hype you guys back up, because it has to be said that the project is advancing and now has a fancier name almost as if it were a DLC Don't Starve Together: Fashion Forward

What does it do?

The mods goal is to expand upon the current skins and make them worth while, Full list might appear later.

What took you so long?

Not gonna lie, school and lack of a programmer backpedaled this a bit. Now that I have some more code expertise at least one problem is solved. The Project has been advancing in the background, with some screenshots finding their way on the forum, like some of you know, hah ^^

Isn't this against the rules?

Honestly, I think Joe is tired of me asking whether its fine. Yes, I asked Joe about 200 times whenever I did something, I've got the green flag!

Why the name change?

I dunno. I like this one the most tbh, thanks Serqet!

Planned content?

I dont want to say too much quite yet, but the first version will contain:

• All Character Skins will recieve a Ghost representing said skin
  • All Wigfrid Skins will include a "Set Bonus" Helmet Skin
  • All Wendy Skins will include a "Set Bonus" Abigail Flower, as well as a reskinned Abigail
  • All Maxwell Minions will now mimic their owners' appearence
  • A Few Hats will recieve a HQ upgrade
  • A Few Character Skins will recieve Tweaks making them less dislikeable
  • And possibly more!

Do you have any screenshots?

Awh yeah I do!

... Can you show some stuff..?

OH, right, sure!

UI Changes
----------------

Spoiler

Added New Icons for all Skin Collections (Can be disabled in Config) as well as reworked the Wardrobe Menu;

• Now the Cycle View button is no longer hidden away somewhere, god-knows where,
  • Portrait View has been taken out of the view cycling and added onto its own button right beside the view cycler,
  • Mini Portrait behind the character returns,
  • Added a small text displaying what form you're currently on
  • Added beard cycling for Wilson and Webber for future Beard Skins~
  • Changed the previous 10 Clothing Preset slots to 100 just because we need more

qXAd2dN.png

Spoiler

Forged a new UI in the Item Collection menu under the name Fashionate Curios for this mods Skins as to not confuse them with the actual gameplay items

• Ability to preview certain items such as Abigail's Flower's stages and ghost
  • Every hero has their own collection as long as there is +1 item in their Personal Cabinet
  • Choice between the Rainbow 'Fashionate' rarity + background and the Heirloom-Orange 'Heirloom Reward' rarity + background (Config)
  • Strings (Skin names & Desc) masterfully crafted by me and @Tosh
  • Fancy Unlocking UI showing requirements to craft the Item
  • Ability to Unlock All possible Skins Moved to a Future Update
  • Spoiler Widget for the nostalgia, displaying a countdown and update picture/silhouette
  • Changelog section featuring all changes as well as buttons to the Forum and Steam Pages

ciaYMmj.png
a1lmPhe.png
AEjMI1P.png

Skins (For this release)
-------------------------------

Spoiler

How it works; To access your skins in game there are a few conditions you must fullfill, these incluse

• Own the entire skin set shown in the UI mentioned in the section above
  • Have the skin unlocked in the UI mentioned in the section above
  • Wear at least the Head (Base) of the Skin you wish to craft

Once fullfilled, the Skin will appear in the skin scrolling window like all the other skins in the game would

This does not apply to Ghosts, Beards** *** and Transformations such as Werebeaver***,
now to the skins;

Battle Helm Skins for every Wigfrid Skin* **,
---------------------------------------------------------- 
yzoSbzU.png
Spears in a future update due to already taking way too long on this mod

Abigail's Flower Skins for every Wendy Skin ** including Abigail with reworked Animations as well as transitions** for all stages!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[[Work in progress]]

* Excluding certain skins that could potentially have an alternative for the Set, might change in the future
** Server Side only
*** Avialable in the nearest (or not) future

FuffledBeeQueen    3,268

Maybe something more, I remember you guys really wanted this to be a client mod, I think it would be possible, and I thought about splitting the mod into 2 pieces, 1 that contains the assets and sets the skins which is client, 1 that contains the code and is server side. For full exerience get both, if you can't get the server owner to get the core mod, there will still be some features available :)

BakaSchwarz    32
1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Maybe something more, I remember you guys really wanted this to be a client mod, I think it would be possible, and I thought about splitting the mod into 2 pieces, 1 that contains the assets and sets the skins which is client, 1 that contains the code and is server side. For full exerience get both, if you can't get the server owner to get the core mod, there will still be some features available :)

Sounds like the most optimal solution. I'm all for it! :p

Squats    74

What a pleasant little change! Having icons for all the other skins really helps make the screen look nice and uniform.

Is it odd that one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in this mod is the different skins having different map icons? It would really help in identifying which Wes is which on the map at a glance when a certain mime is asking for help.

__IvoCZE__    6,612
On 1. 3. 2019 at 3:53 AM, Squats said:

Is it odd that one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in this mod is the different skins having different map icons? It would really help in identifying which Wes is which on the map at a glance when a certain mime is asking for help.

There will be map icons from what has Fuffled shown off-forums

Squats    74
On 3/14/2019 at 11:04 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

There will be map icons from what has Fuffled shown off-forums

I know, that's why I said it was one of the things in the mod I was looking forward to. :D

6 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I can see you from the Afterlife
2019-03-14_20-38-52.gif

Ooo, looking forward to making a field of blinking Abigail flowers now too.

4 Da LOLs    2,682
30 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Will Wes get his dusty particle thing?

what particle

6 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I can see you from the Afterlife
2019-03-14_20-38-52.gif

what the is that

__IvoCZE__    6,612
Just now, 4 Da LOLs said:

what particle

what the is that

Victorian Wes was supposed to emit soot particles as he walked.

that is the hallowen wendyplant flower reskin ( abigail's flower )

4 Da LOLs    2,682
Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

Victorian Wes was supposed to emit soot particles as he walked.

that is the hallowen wendyplant flower reskin ( abigail's flower )

those both are perfect

FuffledBeeQueen    3,268

Since this has gone on for way too long without any message, here's some more; 
Tada! Here's something I've been working on for a while, still a big WIP, but it's getting there~!
XQ4LZqF.png

Aaaand in case you are curious what 'Preview' and 'Morph' Buttons do, here's a preview!
s4lZxuk.gif

Hornete    1,507
38 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

It's for the first skin collection Klei did

Wheeen is this mod coming aaaah. I can't wait for it!