3 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

[...] Tame critters would have a base of 1 happiness giving them 20% metabolism. Grooming would then give +3 putting them at 80%. Other things mentioned would add +1. This way you could keep critters at 60% without grooming to save dupe time and still get some stuff out of the critters.

Love the ideas!  I would also be happy if "Groomed" tapered off, rather than falling off completely.  I think it lasts for half a cycle now?  Or a whole one?  So maybe get 3/4 of that time at full buff, then linearly interpolate to 0.  The idea is that a rancher could go re-groom before the buff has fallen off completely.  But then, I guess all the buffs so far are all-or-nothing.

I_Link_I    25
On 26.1.2019 at 2:56 PM, Sasza22 said:

Another thing might be giving the hatch the ability to burrow. Hatches burrow naturally so it would make sense that giving them a place to burrow would make them happier. Maybe even add a special tile or structure hatches could burrow into. It would also give something to put in the hatch ranch outside the feeder and the grooming station.

I would be up for an option  for farm tiles.

Hatch-field:hatches may dig here.

You wouldnt have to make a entirely new  tile  and the Rancher would have to take care of it(makesure they are clean and soft)

• Like 1

babba    511

+1 Happiness is important.

Bing bing bing bong bing bingbingbingbong

It would be so great to have trains in the game

Edited by babba

Gwido    160

+1 to make "terrariums" for critters, each with some specific conditions (plants, tiles, etc.)

• Like 1

Alfons100    220

Yeah, many consider egg Ranching(Or meat ranching if you're skilled enough) to be the most resource efficient food method there is because of how surprisingly little conditions you fulfil in order for them to word.

Plants needs right atmosphere, temperature, and also properly chilled water. While ranching just needs properly sized rooms, the right resource that is most of the time a waste-resource to you, and grooming. 

Edited by Alfons100
  • Like 1