On Examination Quotes

I think WX has the funniest lines. Behold the Winter's Feast tree saga:

• Festive Tree Planter- "MY MINIONS HAVE PROMISED IT WILL GROW A SPECIAL TREE"
  • Winter's Feast Tree (sapling)- "I AWAIT THE SPECIAL TREE. WILL IT ENSLAVE HUMANITY?"
  • Winter's Feast Tree fully grown- "IT'S JUST A TREE... WE ARE SURROUNDED BY HUNDREDS OF THEM"
  • Winter's Feast Tree (burning)- "RECOMPENSE FOR YOUR HUMAN TREE LIES"

Definitly WX's. some of my favorites are 

HIS NAME IS HAL AND HE IS MY FRIEND -examining the toy robot

MOONBASE, AH, MOONBASE -Moonbase

MEATSACKS TAKE TIME TO DRY -Drying rack(drying)

THIS PIECE IS FOR TORTURING HUNGRY FLESHLINGS -carved hornucopia

WHY IS NOONE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT IT LOOKS LIKE THE FRAIL HUMAN? -Kingly figure

SPIDER CHILD. WATCH ME CONSUME YOUR TINY BRETHREN -spider candy

-Sad quotes:

"Now no one can tell when I'm crying." (Wendy - Desert Goggles)

"If only my friends could see me now..." (Wilson - Accomploshrine completed, in PS4 Don't Starve)

"I want to go home, but we can't find the way." (Webber - The Survivor skin set)

"I can't help myself!" (Willow - Starting a involuntary fire, in Don't Starve)

Wolfgang and Woodie feels bad digging graves. ("Sorry, dead peoples!" - "Sorry! Don't haunt me")

"I'm so sorry Charlie." (Maxwell, Codex Umbra) 

-Funny quotes: 

"Baaaah yourself!" (Wilson - Volt Goat)

"Life is blood and this." (Wendy - Manure)

"Hey Maxwell, I think you dropped these!" (Willow - Second-Hand Dentures)

"Is rock. What you not get?" (Wolfgang - Rocks)

"HEY SCIENTIST THIS HORRIBLE JUNK LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU" (WX-78 - Gnome)

"I told you people, I am not a vampire!" (Maxwell - Broken Stake)

"Finally, a safe weapön with which tö spar with my new allies." (Wigfrid - Back Scratcher)

"Wigfrid keeps jumping out and hitting me with it?!" (Wilson - Back Scratcher)

3 hours ago, SpikeGuy said:

Winona's new Spotlight quote is getting at something in me, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be funny or sad (or both): "Sorry, Charlie."

According to the YouTube description for the animated short, Winona made these gadgets to protect her friends from Charlie. So it is sad :(

Webber's quotes for honey nugs and orange soda always make me smile. As does his calling the snow birb Francis. 

All of the failed-to-resurrect-Abigail quotes are Tear Jerker. 

Wish Wes had miming quotes, like "Gestures to {person} and swoons at their outfit" or "Happy, childish dancing". Some kind of line to give indication to what he likes. 

On 3/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, minespatch said:

5b445d67ad08a_Constantcoffeequotations.thumb.png.520fc32e154d4f973cff065bc6e98070.png

I like to imagine that WX is screaming with anxiety.

Welcome back to another round of "zooming in onto funny faces because I have the humor of a 6 year old"image.png.a53424b9e91de9f6f7cdd61a84769224.png

Wortox has several quotes talking about how he can't touch things with his hands (or he'll suck their souls out), but the Ewelet line in particular stood out to me: "Just know that I'm petting you in my mind."

Wortox has steadily become my favorite character, partly by his perks, but a big part is his quotes and personality.

I'm a sucker for bad puns, so his nature of saying things in rhymes is very amusing to me.

Gunpowder- "I'll spell your doom with a mighty BOOM!"

After his initial announcement I had hopes that Wortox's voice would be a fiddle in reference to The Devil Went Down to Georgia. This turned out to be the case and gets even better with one of his quotes:

Luxury Axe- "Now where's my golden fiddle?"

"Hyuyu!"

On 3/2/2019 at 2:59 AM, GetNerfedOn said:

Another question:

What's the most tear-jerking quote for you?

Trying use a Telltale Heart on Abigail.

Wendy: "Why isn't it working, Abigail?"

Webber: "Wendy would've been so happy if it worked."

Maxwell: "I had to try."

etc...

2 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Trying use a Telltale Heart on Abigail.

Wendy: "Why isn't it working, Abigail?"

Webber: "Wendy would've been so happy if it worked."

Maxwell: "I had to try."

etc...

Winona: “No one should ever lose a sister”

24 minutes ago, FeagleSnorf said:

I think the reason the telltale heart doesn’t work on Abigail is because it only works on people who’ve died in the constant.

Actually, I belive that Wickerbottom says the reason it doesn't work on her is because her soul's bound to the flower.

and I still want to know what happens if you revive someone with the shadow atrium

While the examination quote's in general are one of my favorite parts about this game, I adore pretty much every god damn thing that comes out of Webber's blessed spider mouth. The fact that a young child like him can remain so sweet natured and optimistic despite such horrible circumstances just warms my heart~

8 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

is that even possible?

Well none of the characters ever mention it, However, It already has the ability to ressurect the dead, as we see in the ancient fuelweaver. In addition, Wilson says that it's the Telltale heart's heartbeat spesifically that brings ghosts back to life, and when you drop the telltale heart on the ground, it, you guessed it, has a perpetual heartbeat.

My guess is that, while it's possible, is a very, very bad idea.

Archived