[Game Update] - Welcome to the Year of the Pig King (304366)

3 hours ago, Tomi_susi said:

Hello,

I have got 4 game-drops with some cheap clothes but no seasonal chest. Am I just unlucky or there is a change/problem in the game?

Theres no chests in this event so far.

Edited by Mahoood
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lionking102 said:

Does Anyone know, how I can buy the skins of this event for a friend? I can´t find it on the steam page.

There's no DLC of Varg items & Pig King bundle for now.

A thread about this was made here:

Edited by Tapirus

Year of the varg items are weavable!! but why aren't gobbler items? I'd love the gibblet skin since i wasnt around for it.

are yotv and yotg only weavable not purchasable?

also can anyone list all the gobbler, varg and pig skin items? i went through the cabinet and there are only character skins for yotp right? the other two are just belongings?

finally, when does this event end? do wish starting and ending times for event were more clearly specified.

4 hours ago, xMEINEx said:

but why aren't gobbler items?

Because Year of the Gobbler stuff is only available by drops & steam skin market.

are yotv and yotg only weavable not purchasable?

See my previous post.

also can anyone list all the gobbler, varg and pig skin items?

This will help you:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Skins

5 hours ago, xMEINEx said:

finally, when does this event end?

No one knows (for now), but I bet we have news soon.

unknown.png
Long ago, a farmer was pulled into the constant. He clung to anything familiar, and desperately tried to live his life as normal. He continued growing crops and ranching animals, such as beefalo and gobblers. He always had a surplus of food, and life was good.
Inevitably, being all alone in the constant began to put a toll on his mental health, and the farmer attempted to "domesticate" the pigmen for his farm. He massacred a village that previously trusted him and he raised their piglets as farm animals.
But you can't keep intelligent creatures penned up forever. Once they had grown to be larger and stronger than the farmer, they busted out of the pen and ran for the hills. They never got to know their families, or where they really came from, but they were free to live their lives how they wanted.
Years later, after the farmer had long perished, the abandoned pen became a place of worship for their tribe. Pigmen come with offerings of gold and food every year, to pay tribute to their ancestors that gave them freedom.
...I'm not too great at writing, but I feel like a bit of lore can add a lot to a simple build!

I've had this world since October of 2017, and I've gotten so much of my playtime out of these seasonal events. I'm excited that Klei is shifting their focus back to permanent content that requires creating a new world, but I'll definitely miss having some of those event items around.

Here's a screenshot which includes my HUD and messy inventory:

Spoiler

unknown.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 3