V2C

[Game Update] - Welcome to the Year of the Pig King (304366)

Recommended Posts

frankwizza    4
12 hours ago, andluism said:

So sad right.. I'll try, but I don't think it matters.

 

Build the thulecite walls one more grid placement off the carpets. That should fix it.

example.PNG

Edited by frankwizza
added picture for reference.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andluism    6

@frankwizza I think you put it even closer than mine. Does it work? Do you surround the PK like mine? Here as you can see I actually build the thule walls at the end of the grid of 6x6:

322330_20190126075823_1.thumb.png.7861980a7086f6b1316e61aec9f2f461.png

 

The thing is if I have to rebuild the walls, that's rather a lot of work. Though I do have many thule in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thalkas    921

I think its the best update for me ... Update broken my seasons, i had to rebuild pig king walls, after 3 fights i always get disconnected. Wonderful! :wilson_ecstatic: Year of the Pig King isnt my lucky year :wilson_cry:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b3c8719571b3f26cd36b9d0ef3776694.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4,560
20 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.c55ef74ca7200c327c770d0771d57e3c.PNG

the newest update changed the quote he is no longer catholic :(

Awh. I'm not even religious and the initial quote gave me a giggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,876
On 1/25/2019 at 7:52 AM, Wondermane said:

I've got a small question. Where do the miner's hat and the non-straw hat come from? I can see them on the image for Wolfgang set but having bought the set, I didn't get it, and then in the list of items the set gives, they aren't even there. What gives?

  Hide contents

0UzDVkK.png

 

The straw hat skin reskins the other items. So there's only "1 skin" but it works for the other items. If you have the straw hat skin (What you bought) you should be able to craft the rest. But they won't show up in your inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    1,738
21 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.c55ef74ca7200c327c770d0771d57e3c.PNG

the newest update changed the quote he is no longer catholic :(

 

52 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Awh. I'm not even religious and the initial quote gave me a giggle.

¿Maybe the quote could be changed again for this?:

-"Wolfgang says his prayers and eats his veggies"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maslak    4,234

Can someone explain the catholic Wolfgang joke? I'm not an english native speaker. Been on the Internet for a while but can't get this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    1,738
2 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Can someone explain the catholic Wolfgang joke? I'm not an english native speaker. Been on the Internet for a while but can't get this one.

Wolfgang new skin is mainly based on Hulk Hogan (and he admitted that being religious is a important part of his life).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maslak    4,234

Thanks! Everything I know about Hulk Hogan I've learned from Vinesauce (so not much). LET'S DO THIS FOR AMERICA BROTHER!
Okay but what about the description itself? Maybe it's simple to understand and I just don't understand it, dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    1,738
1 minute ago, Maslak said:

Thanks! Everything I know about Hulk Hogan I've learned from Vinesauce (so not much). LET'S DO THIS FOR AMERICA BROTHER!
Okay but what about the description itself? Maybe it's simple to understand and I just don't understand it, dunno.

Well, the original quote was:

-"Wolfgang says his prayers and eats his vitamins"

So, maybe, Klei thought that "vitamins" could be a bit...problematic.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maslak    4,234

Oh okay, lol. I missed this quote entirely. Either that or it wasn't shown here.
Now I finally get it, thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spaartan    958
4 hours ago, Tapirus said:

Well, the original quote was:

-"Wolfgang says his prayers and eats his vitamins"

So, maybe, Klei thought that "vitamins" could be a bit...problematic.

BRING IT BACK, WE NEED TO PROTECT MY CHRISTIAN DONT STARVE SERVER

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t0panka    1,591

So how long does this event last? (how long we have to buy the skins?)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain_Rage    1,087

Wondering the same. Also, will the skins be released as a DLC before the event expires? The other events had the option to buy their skin bundles as DLC's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mahoood    179
5 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Wondering the same. Also, will the skins be released as a DLC before the event expires? The other events had the option to buy their skin bundles as DLC's.

They are available in the in-game store as a dlc bundle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    1,738
1 minute ago, Mahoood said:

They are available in the in-game store as a dlc bundle 

Yes, but Captain_Rage is talking about the DLC section (who gives the option to gift a friend, etc.) in steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/322330/Dont_Starve_Together/

The bundle of Varg items (2 Vargling, 1 Battle Helm & 1 Cat Cap skins) and Pig King (Wigfrid, Wolfgang & Wes + items) is not here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mahoood    179

Oh I see, yes there’s no such bundle even in the in-game store, and the year of thge pig king skin bundle is only available in the in-game store (probably unintended)

Edited by Mahoood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thalkas    921
9 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Yes, but Captain_Rage is talking about the DLC section (who gives the option to gift a friend, etc.) in steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/322330/Dont_Starve_Together/

The bundle of Varg items (2 Vargling, 1 Battle Helm & 1 Cat Cap skins) and Pig King (Wigfrid, Wolfgang & Wes + items) is not here.

I think we never got varg item bundle :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    1,738
5 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

I think we never got varg item bundle :D

Would be truly strange, because the rest have bundle and DLC already (and a lot of people is glad for this).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pab10Suarez    835
On 24/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, V2C said:

over to the steam store page to purchase them as gifts for friends!

I don't see the steam page 

and how we will be able to weave without chests? :c

somebody had some drop of the event? 
i just had normal commons and classys ( like if there is not event)

Edited by Pab10Suarez
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cabanaboy    0

How far away must structures be for this to work? Will glaciers that have been pick axed still cause an issue?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    1,738
On 25/1/2019 at 5:55 AM, Zhuzha said:

Judging by the face paint and the name of the skin (The Ultimate Performer) Wigfrid could also be a homage to Ultimate Warrior.

  Reveal hidden contents

WARRIOR-OBIT-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75

 

wathgrithr_wrestler_oval.png.49c79d9ffc63270cc3a68403f5cfd8e7.thumb.png.34ba7eef2122eceab56cbb9ee7f11f7b.png

Yep, Wigfrid new skin is based on Ultimate Warrior and she have boxing gloves & boxer braids. Possibly, a small reference to Maggie Fitzgerald (Million Dollar Baby).

Spoiler

Boxer-Braid-Style-Women.jpg.c9f2cca2469b35f9bc29b9e30c70f43d.jpg

Best-Boxer-Braid-Style-For-Women-2.thumb.jpg.bb4c768da5af49afb4a0832b60560847.jpg

Million_Dollar_Baby.jpg.905fcd3a479263dd1b46a54bfc414fa3.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now