[Game Update] - Welcome to the Year of the Pig King (304366)

Ok so I've just finished bearly checking out the event.

Some pigs wear belts and drop them when killed,

You can give belt to the pig King to start "fight"

-He'll spawn 4 pig wrestlers and start dropping lucky nuggets and signs.

-Pigs will try to pickup nuggets and signs (they're very fast and good at it)

-If they pick up a sign they'll smash you with it (does no dmg) which'll send you flying like Boarilla punch, make you drop lucky nuggets and your hand slot item on the ground

-You can do the same with pigs which will make them drop 1 nugget and a sign if they're holding one.

-Pigs can accidently hit other pigs

-After round is finished pigs will despawn and pig king will give you 1 red pouch with 1 lucky nugget

-You can only wrestle durring the day or only 3 Times a day (need verification)

-Wrestlers are unkillable but I didn't check if you you can freeze/put to sleep

Shrine requires meat to work. Jerky also works but didn't test monster, small, leafy or other kinds like frog legs or batilisk wings

You can craft costume, lantern and firecracers as always but also: 3 fish heads on a stick, some roast for pig kind (don't know the names of these things) and a pile of mud. The 1st 2 are basically just a food items you eat. They don't do anything special to you (not sure). You can't give it to pig king (didn't test with normal pigs). You can't eat the mud pile and have to give it to the pigs for them to become your followers and drop a belt (I'm p-sure belt comes from the mud pile as its description is "what's inside?". It may also drop other items but idk)

Durring fight normal pigs will start watching and shouting things like "GO PIGS" "YOU STINK" etc which is a nice touch.

Wrestlers will comment on how the fight went "YOU BAD AT THIS. GET BETTER'' "GOOD FIGHT. WE GO TO BED" but I'm not sure what causes them to change opinions

My (very early) opinion on this.

The fight is pretty imposiible as pigs will only attack you with the signs meaning that you often get combo'd out of the "ring" and by the time you get there (as your walking cane is probably on the floor) pig king drops another batch of nuggets and signs and the process repeats. And even if you manage to pick up the sign it doesn't matter as attacking a pig that's holding a sign will just couse both of you to fly and drop nuggets. And when you hit the pig you can't even pick up the nuggets as other pigs basically just teleport on them.

I've managed to get like 3 nuggets out of 1 fight (1 from the red pouch) but only because chester was parked near and I could leave nuggets in him.

Edited by Szczuku
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Szczuku said:
Spoiler

Ok so I've just finished bearly checking out the event.

Some pigs wear belts and drop them when killed,

You can give belt to the pig King to start "fight"

-He'll spawn 4 pig wrestlers and start dropping lucky nuggets and signs.

-Pigs will try to pickup nuggets and signs (they're very fast and good at it)

-If they pick up a sign they'll smash you with it (does no dmg) which'll send you flying like Boarilla punch, make you drop lucky nuggets and your hand slot item on the ground

-You can do the same with pigs which will make them drop 1 nugget and a sign if they're holding one.

-Pigs can accidently hit other pigs

-After round is finished pigs will despawn and pig king will give you 1 red pouch with 1 lucky nugget

-You can only wrestle durring the day or only 3 Times a day (need verification)

-Wrestlers are unkillable but I didn't check if you you can freeze/put to sleep

Shrine requires meat to work. Jerky also works but didn't test monster, small, leafy or other kinds like frog legs or batilisk wings

You can craft costume, lantern and firecracers as always but also: 3 fish heads on a stick, some roast for pig kind (don't know the names of these things) and a pile of mud. The 1st 2 are basically just a food items you eat. They don't do anything special to you (not sure). You can't give it to pig king (didn't test with normal pigs). You can't eat the mud pile and have to give it to the pigs for them to become your followers and drop a belt (I'm p-sure belt comes from the mud pile as its description is "what's inside?". It may also drop other items but idk)

Durring fight normal pigs will start watching and shouting things like "GO PIGS" "YOU STINK" etc which is a nice touch.

Wrestlers will comment on how the fight went "YOU BAD AT THIS. GET BETTER'' "GOOD FIGHT. WE GO TO BED" but I'm not sure what causes them to change opinions

My (very early) opinion on this.

The fight is pretty imposiible as pigs will only attack you with the signs meaning that you often get combo'd out of the "ring" and by the time you get there (as your walking cane is probably on the floor) pig king drops another batch of nuggets and signs and the process repeats. And even if you manage to pick up the sign it doesn't matter as attacking a pig that's holding a sign will just couse both of you to fly and drop nuggets. And when you hit the pig you can't even pick up the nuggets as other pigs basically just teleport on them.

I've managed to get like 3 nuggets out of 1 fight (1 from the red pouch) but only because chester was parked near and I could leave nuggets in him.

you can sleep/freete , monster meat doesn't work and the opinions change if you as team manage to have some nugget

Thanks for @Szczuku for the detailled description! 

What I can add is that the Pig King sometimes gives you bigger red pouches, I guess based on how successful the players were. Also it is much easier to do the fight(?) in a team, also players can hit other players (it is really hilarious).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I guess based on how successful the players were. Also it is much easier to do the fight(?) in a team

Yeah sorry my bad...

Sometimes I forget that this is in fact a multiplayer game. I play only alone.

Guess I won't be getting too many lucky nuggets. Not that I lose anything since there's no statues to build or anything. Just food. I guess getting head and lantern may be nice but that's about it for singleplayers of dst

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xMEINEx said:

So you need to create a new world? I can't get the king pig to accept and trigger although I got the structure and can get the belts.

What does he say? Depending on what he says, it can't start for example items in the arena or structures, Enemies, its too dark, and more.

18 minutes ago, xMEINEx said:

So you need to create a new world? I can't get the king pig to accept and trigger although I got the structure and can get the belts.

Having the  same problem, when I try to give the belt to the pig king it says "We need to clean up first".

If having structures near pig king is the problem then this event sucks considering my base is built around him... Not cool.