Bigfoot

Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

Soulor    23

I would still love to see Pyro in DST. I still remember when TF2 had those promo items for DS...

As a Wendy main any buffs, more and better control over Abigail, some Lore, perhaps a little animation, and anything else to come sounds great.

I'm very curious as to just what "traveling to new biomes" means here. But maybe I'm just over thinking it.

GetNerfedOn    3,144

FINALLY SOME BACKSTORY YAAAAAAY

Finally we'll probably get to know the dismal tale of Wendy's morosity and Abigail's demise, the curious life of Ms. Wickerbottom, the fiery exploits of Willow, where Woodie's Castorthropy originated, and who created WX-78 And much much more!

NEW BIOMES TOO AAAAAHHHHH

THANK YOU SO MUCH KLEI! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

• Like 1

xMEINEx    6

I'm so excited for this new update!!!

One question tho! Will we have to make new worlds to get the new biomes? Will I have to abandon my current world? Please say no! T^T

SpiritK    0

Oh my gosh, 2019 is truly gonna be a great year in entertainment! Thanks Klei!! (I’m especially hyped for the backstories. Love me some lore.)

fimmatek    3,366

I really hope the new content will be retrofitted into existing worlds, the devs could do it during ANR, so I think it's likely that the same will be the case with the new updates. 

It'd be nice tho if the devs could state something on that.

-Variant    4,828
7 hours ago, Hell-met said:

Hope they don't rebalance Wilson. he's just fine.

New update allows him to pickup the Giants and hold them as mass weapons of destruction and then he can science himself a pair of wings to fly around the map. 

Spoiler

Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

XSHADOWX    1

Not Cheap But Anything For The Devolopers İ Hope Youll Make A Great Game İ Really Wanna See The New Update And Buy İt For Donation

• Like 1

HereBeJimbo    319
22 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Starting in March with Winona, we will be releasing a character refresh once a month.

These character refreshes will again be free to all players, and we will be selling new skins for these characters on the month they are refreshed. 

In addition, the Triumphant, Guest of Honor and Survivor skin packs will be available to purchase for the character on that date. All owners of these skins prior to that date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with a higher unraveling value.

HOLY MOLY I am one lucky stinker, I thought that maining Winona would be my worst mistake!

Edited by PixelPizza

__IvoCZE__    6,154
1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

pair of wings to fly around the map. 

made from Goose feathers with wax?

*smells like a biblical story*

2 hours ago, Dalek said:

just imagine Edgy Rick after Wolfgang rework

WINONA OP.

16 hours ago, Skrzelik said:

Not sure how I feel about the new characters costing money. I get that developing new content will cost money so how about charging for a "beta" access to the new characters but having a way to unlock them, maybe like a metheus puzzle

No. It would be like 5 days to pay for something that you get after 5 days?

Crystal Kourosh    2,285
3 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Joe replied on the subreddit that to get the new biomes and some of the new content we will have to generate a new world. 

can you send a picture please? i need to show it to someone

• Like 1

xMEINEx    6

So then there's no point continuing my world? And every update will also have me make a new world? Guess megabasing is pointless now. That's a bummer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hunterluz    52

Oh, so the new characters wil not be free. That's not very cool Klei. That's not what Don't Starve is about :/

I understand the skins idea, ok, they're just cosmetic items, okay, but characters? Really? And where are characters in classic Don't Starve? :/

I mean, it's very good to know, that DST is being worked at and stuff, but characters are not just for looking good, they are for an in-game experience.

I'm still happy though, but I would be happier with free characters! :wilson_dorky:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hunterluz    52
6 minutes ago, Frontente said:

You still can weave them with spools :)

Well, yes, but that's not the same. I miss the feeling of achieving something, just like in DS, you know, the progress bar that was raising up every game and stuff :D 

And don't tell me, you wouldn't like free characters too ;)

__IvoCZE__    6,154
19 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Joe replied on the subreddit that to get the new biomes and some of the new content we will have to generate a new world. 

Picture or ain't real.

• Haha 1

Argenta    0

Charge for new characters? well I ONLY play with Wilson since day 1 even if I have other characters available for free, that doesn't matter.... I think Don't Starve community has it's favourites. But overall I don't see as a problem, specially because it's optional, as is optional to buy skins and stuff. I spent more money in useless Blizzard games anyway... so to support an honest job, yes I'd pay for it.

Very excited to see backgrounds , good job :D

Frontente    50
9 minutes ago, Hunterluz said:

Well, yes, but that's not the same. I miss the feeling of achieving something, just like in DS, you know, the progress bar that was raising up every game and stuff :D 

And don't tell me, you wouldn't like free characters too ;)

Yeah, I loved it too (currently playing shipwrecked for the first time constantly and unlocked all characters a few days ago) :)
But earning enough spools to weave a wanted character would also be a good feeling for me.

And yes, free characters would be great and I wouldn't complain about it. But I want give klei some doubloons for their hard work ;)

Edited by Frontente