Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

I really hope the new content will be retrofitted into existing worlds, the devs could do it during ANR, so I think it's likely that the same will be the case with the new updates. 

It'd be nice tho if the devs could state something on that.

7 hours ago, Hell-met said:

Hope they don't rebalance Wilson. he's just fine.

New update allows him to pickup the Giants and hold them as mass weapons of destruction and then he can science himself a pair of wings to fly around the map. 

Spoiler

Lol.

22 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Starting in March with Winona, we will be releasing a character refresh once a month.

These character refreshes will again be free to all players, and we will be selling new skins for these characters on the month they are refreshed. 

In addition, the Triumphant, Guest of Honor and Survivor skin packs will be available to purchase for the character on that date. All owners of these skins prior to that date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with a higher unraveling value.

HOLY MOLY I am one lucky stinker, I thought that maining Winona would be my worst mistake!

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

pair of wings to fly around the map. 

made from Goose feathers with wax?

*smells like a biblical story*

2 hours ago, Dalek said:

just imagine Edgy Rick after Wolfgang rework

WINONA OP.

16 hours ago, Skrzelik said:

Not sure how I feel about the new characters costing money. I get that developing new content will cost money so how about charging for a "beta" access to the new characters but having a way to unlock them, maybe like a metheus puzzle

No. It would be like 5 days to pay for something that you get after 5 days?

5 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Joe replied on the subreddit that to get the new biomes and some of the new content we will have to generate a new world. 

*looks at my 700+world that has content from Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast and soon Year of the Pig*

*eye begins to twitch*

Oh, so the new characters wil not be free. That's not very cool Klei. That's not what Don't Starve is about :/

I understand the skins idea, ok, they're just cosmetic items, okay, but characters? Really? And where are characters in classic Don't Starve? :/

I mean, it's very good to know, that DST is being worked at and stuff, but characters are not just for looking good, they are for an in-game experience.

I'm still happy though, but I would be happier with free characters! :wilson_dorky:

6 minutes ago, Frontente said:

You still can weave them with spools :)

Well, yes, but that's not the same. I miss the feeling of achieving something, just like in DS, you know, the progress bar that was raising up every game and stuff :D 

And don't tell me, you wouldn't like free characters too ;)

Charge for new characters? well I ONLY play with Wilson since day 1 even if I have other characters available for free, that doesn't matter.... I think Don't Starve community has it's favourites. But overall I don't see as a problem, specially because it's optional, as is optional to buy skins and stuff. I spent more money in useless Blizzard games anyway... so to support an honest job, yes I'd pay for it.

Very excited to see backgrounds , good job :D

9 minutes ago, Hunterluz said:

Well, yes, but that's not the same. I miss the feeling of achieving something, just like in DS, you know, the progress bar that was raising up every game and stuff :D 

And don't tell me, you wouldn't like free characters too ;)

Yeah, I loved it too (currently playing shipwrecked for the first time constantly and unlocked all characters a few days ago) :)
But earning enough spools to weave a wanted character would also be a good feeling for me.

And yes, free characters would be great and I wouldn't complain about it. But I want give klei some doubloons for their hard work ;)

15 minutes ago, Hunterluz said:

Oh, so the new characters wil not be free. That's not very cool Klei. That's not what Don't Starve is about :/

Even if the characters need to be bought/woven, new characters won't split up the community because you'll still be able to join any server.

18 minutes ago, Hunterluz said:

I'm still happy though, but I would be happier with free characters! :wilson_dorky:

Well, you still can unreavel all your skins and use them to unlock the character you want to play. Or buy the full set of a single character, turn all his skins into spools and use the spools to create the other characters.

Of course paying for a game isn't fun at all for most of us but the developers need to earn money aswell.

43 minutes ago, Hunterluz said:

That's not very cool Klei. That's not what Don't Starve is about :/

So you want them to ask for nothing while they work their asses off for new content for us to enjoy?? I'm happy to give what little I may have for Klei, they're an awesome company that has given me so much in terms of content and experiences.

24 minutes ago, Frodeur said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG

Perdendo meu mundo de 12 mil dias me machucou 

I watch your broadcasts and your world is amazing! I own a map with 11,000 days on the console and, believe me, the slowness with ps4 players is even greater

Archived