Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

4 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Developers: *create a great game, look after it, listen to players' feedback, add TONS of new free content*

Developers: *ask for a bit of money to fund their projects*

Players: "NOw yOU sEE, WHy DoN'T YoU..."

They should have made it an expansion pack so I can throw money at Klei.

1 hour ago, Marco BR said:

I will make that decision on my own, and for the disappointments, not for the countless times you asked me to stop playing, thank you!

I've suggested you take a break multiple times because you're largely negative about EVERYTHING while the rest of us are just excited about where the game is going. If you're not having fun or are bored with DST then you do something else. That's what a normal healthy person does. 

About modded characters. 

Most modders are aware that they are in kind of weird territory when they mod in unimplemented characters or characters that exist in DS and not DST. 

Right now, I don't expect to take them down as long as they stay what they are. However, if they try to make their version the same as ours or implement skins that we make for them we'll probably have an issue. 

Honestly Klei, you've been undercharging for the game the whole time. Isn't DST like the only 2d game that has been in the Steam top 10 sellers list? Haven't you sold enough copies by now to consider it a Triple-A title? Don't charge so little that you can't sustain the business. You treat it like its an indie game but it's my favorite by far. I know Klei has a number of other titles, but DST is your #1 flagship game IMO. I would have paid US$60-80 for DST plus RoG plus A New Reign.

Adding content is the best news! The characters definitely need balance. IMO Wes, Winona, Willow, Wilson are not worth playing. The art is great, and lore is ok, but their abilities need more value--I would say their efficiency is very low.

I want to say I have the most fun trying to out-wit the grind, through clever automation and exploitation of the environment. I enjoy being able to challenge myself to get the best base in the shortest amount of time, or to clear ruins before autumn, to generate enough food to feed 10+ noob players throughout winter, etc. There are some tricks that are bugs in the game but haven't been patched, and I am fond of these. For example, the lantern hack where you used to be able to hold the lantern at the same time as a pickaxe--but that one was patched. I have gotten used to living without it with the drop item "z" hotkey mod, but stuff like that I wish you would think twice about before fixing. There are other examples such as spawning 400 krampus, and various other kinds of farming techniques. Other games like Factorio make automation a central part of the game, but I always liked how DST did it by accident, or at least so sneakily that you felt super clever for figuring it out. For example, farming rabbit men with tentacle traps, or defeating most bosses with tentacle traps in general, or farming growables with the lureplant, or killing toadstool with flingos. There have been multiple flingo-based exploits which were patched, probably due to performance concerns. But that kind of environment vs. enemy is where I think DST shines. Learning the combinations is what keeps me engaged--I've put in more than 3,000 hours and I am still delighted to learn (usually from other players at my level) new behavior combinations and quirks I did not know existed.

Primarily, I love using these techniques against griefers. I love it when they cannot find the backup base. When they cannot destroy your soul because they do not understand your means of prosperity. Adding vote kick was good step toward balancing out griefing, but you could probably put some more creative thought into that, as well. I'm sure it ruins the game experience for new and young players alike. I think only grizzled veterans like me will dare to build it better and more covertly next time.

24 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Still reeling at Wortox actually being confirmed today.

That's what has me kinda dumbfounded. Webber was the strangest we got in terms of characters (Woodie to an extent, too) but having Wortox, King of Daemons and Brimstone, as a playable character blows my mind. @JoeW Sorry to pester, but I assume we'll get lore for the new characters as well, right?

Something really want to know is the balance of these new characters, i'm going to be a bit worried if they're going to make them better than the rest of the cast. Hopefully we'll get news on their abilities when they're almost released.

Thank you Klei, you're doing amazing!

Oh ok now i'm unconfused. I have a few questions

How many bricks have been tossed into the Kiel offices

I know you need to fund devlopment but
THAT COSTS MONEY

character refreshes awesome
I'll take Willow but she's just bernie and Wes but now with meme shades.

and a offbrand Warly please called Worly

I'm hoping for more unimplemented characters as DLC. They've waited long enough for their time to shine.

image.png.d0323a2c0e9c572f2b40508262c9602c.png

However as much as he doesn't fit in I'm still saddened that Pyro is probably never gonna be officially implemented into the game. The idea that the devs even worked on him surprises and intrigues me.

Pyro Portrait

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I've suggested you take a break multiple times because you're largely negative about EVERYTHING while the rest of us are just excited about where the game is going. If you're not having fun or are bored with DST then you do something else. That's what a normal healthy person does. 

A few months ago I was in the same boat as Marco and took a 3 months break of DST.

What I can tell is that you shouldn't be playing this game only for skin. Sure its nice but it shouldn't become your main focus. Instead you should be playing this game for the game itself.

Otherwise its like playing for a gambling game that never give you the skin you want.

I'm not breathing..

But seriously, thank you! Thank you for finally giving us some sort of feed back and what happened to the radio silence of DST core updates!! I'm so excited for the new characters and everything you have in store!! I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO LOVE DST AGAIN!!!!!!

I'm happy as this seems like its going to give everyone what they've wanted (me included).

However, I'm pretty concerned about micro-transactions being transitioned from cosmetic-only to actual content that affects gameplay. Admittedly its a very small thing to monetize and I understand the reasoning for it (if anything content-wise was going to have to be monetized, I would've picked characters). I expressed this same concern back when micro-transactions were first introduced as well, back when I was concerned it would stop being cosmetic only.

I just hope the spool price will actually be affordable, especially to those cursed with pleated shirt drops for all eternity.

Archived