Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I really hope we get some new details tomorrow as to what's coming in the update. The anticipation is killing me. 

It's a bit weird cuz Hamlet and DST development time frames are merging so I'm not quite sure DST is gonna be announced first or Hamlet or both at the same time. :/

"Because we run the servers for these events, we also incurred the cost of these servers." and "we sell skins for these new characters" don't go hand in hand.

One server hosting costs 10$ a month , and can easily handle 10 000 concurrent players ( i bet you don't have that many ). 

We also know that when skins are involved in a game the developer are making tons of money.

(if you are a klein developer and want to contradict me , disclose how much do you guys payed for servers and how much you made from skins )

6 hours ago, Executor2 said:

We also know that when skins are involved in a game the developer are making tons of money.

Are you sure about that?! and who is "We" who are they?!

6 hours ago, Executor2 said:

disclose how much do you guys payed for servers and how much you made from skins

To Bold even for mine standards, i would be scared maybe you want to rob them

7 hours ago, Executor2 said:

One server hosting costs 10$ a month , and can easily handle 10 000 concurrent players ( i bet you don't have that many ).

A decent one for base-DST jumps over well 20 Euro margin.

Also try making a force 64-player server via mods (as arbitrary example test this one: Server Size ) and from 10-12 people upwards feel the power of server-side lag going stronger and stronger.

"Because we run the servers for these events, we also incurred the cost of these servers." and "we sell skins for these new characters" don't go hand in hand.

(if you are a klein developer and want to contradict me , disclose how much do you guys payed for servers and how much you made from skins )

980.png.9810b7aa25bf5a5d8fc0126ed0a13f05.png Let's divide this again. I like breaking down bad arguments :)

Well obviously they aren't just gonna pour money into something that won't gonna give them the money back so instead of pulling an EA moneygrabber they made skins that sell for still low.

Except that this is DST and not your regular minecraft, DST has huge problems with many players being active and loading up stuff

( as 10 players can lag a server just by being near each-other ) also hosting servers AROUND THE WORLD can cost money, for example I had to pay like 20 euros for just The Surface and Caves Servers and required huge maintenance.

Also where the heck did you get with the 10K players? not even chinesse ebic games can run that many players.

Except that this is Klei and they don't go lootboxes.

Klei even changed the skin drop from 4 per week to 15. 15 skins

The only closest thing to lootboxes in DST are Paid Skin Chests which give ALL the skins from the selected chest.

Also Klei is pretty generous; every time they launch a closed beta program all the players in the program get a free copy of the Game/DLC and Hamlet DLC ( for singleplayer ) had like 12K players in the closed beta so that's like a big loss of money.

And it's just one thing Klei does, they could just say ''screw off players pay us'' but they don't.my face when i rekt a non-wes main

1 minute ago, thenumberf5ve said:

can anyone link where did Klei say new content will be coming out at the end of April?

On 28.3.2019 at 5:41 PM, Bigfoot said:

Upcoming
At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content. 

In addition, the next character to be refreshed will be Willow, launching at the same time as the game update.

Onward and upward!

Maybe, just maybe, you can think about DST2? With the new more powerful and up to date 64-bit engine that will manage PC resources better? Why DST2 rather than suggesting updating this one? First of all - money. Ofcourse you need to be paid for this big job. And I'm sure that lot's of people will by game even for like 10-12 bucks for a good engine. I would definitely buy it. And the second one - someone like this old engine neglecting the fact, that you can have 60+ fps but red ping and constant freezes while playing alone on YOUR server on this particular PC especially while on day 300+. Yes, yes. I can do smaller worlds, but anything less than huge is just to small to have fun with after like 50-100 days. I hope that I brought up my point well.

14 hours ago, Blackraven6 said:

Maybe, just maybe, you can think about DST2? With the new more powerful and up to date 64-bit engine that will manage PC resources better? Why DST2 rather than suggesting updating this one? First of all - money. Ofcourse you need to be paid for this big job. And I'm sure that lot's of people will by game even for like 10-12 bucks for a good engine. I would definitely buy it. And the second one - someone like this old engine neglecting the fact, that you can have 60+ fps but red ping and constant freezes while playing alone on YOUR server on this particular PC especially while on day 300+. Yes, yes. I can do smaller worlds, but anything less than huge is just to small to have fun with after like 50-100 days. I hope that I brought up my point well.

The problem with this is that we (and klei) have gotten ourselves committed to this engine, because of the 2019 roadmap and such. So I think this will flat out not happen, as much as I'd like a better engine.

On 19/04/2019 at 4:10 AM, Blackraven6 said:

you got to understand DS was not architected for multiplayer, and the fact that DST was even brought to existence is just a neat extra.

as for the host perf, perhaps it is your rig?

Just now, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Is there a date yet for this giant release or do we just wait everyday and hope? The original post is from January 22. 3 months ago. 

This is the latest statement on the next release:

Upcoming
At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content. 

In addition, the next character to be refreshed will be Willow, launching at the same time as the game update.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:54 PM, 1v0 said:

I wounder will we see a teaser or something before the release, as it's 21 april (9 days to go before april ends).

I think they are gonna release a trailer with Willow's rework pretty soon... Maybe even for release... But that's optimistically speaking... 

Tbh.. I can't wait to see how much she is gonna change cuz they can go in so many directions... 

I'm also curious if they are gonna hint a little better at her "alleged" Japanese  heritage... 

So many questions :)

31 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think they are gonna release a trailer with Willow's rework pretty soon... Maybe even for release... But that's optimistically speaking... 

Tbh.. I can't wait to see how much she is gonna change cuz they can go in soany directions... 

I'm also curious iff they are gonna hint a little better at her Japanese  heritage... 

So many questiond :)

Where did they say that she has Japanese heritage?

1 hour ago, Imagionary said:

No dev proves that she has Japanese heritage here?

That's because she doesn't.
No Devs have confirmed this to our current knowledge.
There just happens to be content that seemingly inspired Willow which came from Japanese sources.

10 minutes ago, Imagionary said:

No dev proves that she has Japanese heritage here?

I'n not saying is 100% guaranteed... I mean.. you can infer from her quotes she MIGHT have Japanese heritage

or that her art was inspired from some Japanese elements

On 2019-01-22 at 7:59 PM, Bigfoot said:

Brand New Content
The team is now working on brand new content for Don’t Starve Together. Survivors will be able to travel to new lands with new biomes, creatures, and more. 

After this long it is soo awesome to see more base stuff be added, though the forge and gorge were fun to play they were limited events. So it will be fun to see what you have cooked up for us in the Klei kitchen!

And as an little note, please give catcoons a way to respawn after there 9 lives are out and please rework the antlion... ohh and Thank you so much Klei, your the best!

Archived