Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

21 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

Woodie is bad too.

Car drives bad if that detail between sit and pedals is bad.. Woodie is not bad, players are. And if changes for bad players will be added, then we will have bad car driver problem in future. cheers o/

1 hour ago, Bleksmits said:

Car drives bad if that detail between sit and pedals is bad.. Woodie is not bad, players are. And if changes for bad players will be added, then we will have bad car driver problem in future. cheers o/

Nope... Sorry... Woodie IS bad in DST.

He should have cold and wetness immunity in beaver form . He should have some NATURAL armor or being able to equip helmets in beaver form AND he should be the BEST lumberjack by far. Period. He is not.

He is a wishy washy mid of a concept nerfed for pvp... Like pvp is really a thing in DST... 

AND... Just because u know his annoying mechanics doesn't make u a good player or Woodie a good character. 

4 hours ago, Bleksmits said:

As a Woodie Main, I can tell you with 100% certainty that Woodie is trash. The beaver form is a con more than a perk, and that's practically the main focus of the damn character. Just because that everything else about his stats are "meh" doesn't mean that its good.

7 minutes ago, Canis said:

As a Woodie Main, I can tell you with 100% certainty that Woodie is trash. The beaver form is a con more than a perk, and that's practically the main focus of the damn character. Just because that everything else about his stats are "meh" doesn't mean that its good.

ty so much for being one honest Woodie main

so hard to get them to admit the character flaws past the "Woodie isn't bad, you bad" argument

10 hours ago, Bleksmits said:

You can't kill monsters and cut trees without being werebeaver and this makes you a good driver. I can kill monsters and cut trees even with Wendy and this make a bad driver. How kinda car is this? N00b'omobile?

10 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

He should have cold and wetness immunity

about wetness he can dry out in rainy time if goes under tree... if rain is not too strong :^) And not mentioned here i am good player. Im just protecting character who protected me so many times. AND i want keep him away from incoming dosage of corrupted steroids from too well feed community who even does not knows what they wants anymore, just swap game for time like i do and chill. and drink some tea =)

58 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

You can't kill monsters and cut trees without being werebeaver and this makes you a good driver. I can kill monsters and cut trees even with Wendy and this make a bad driver. How kinda car is this? N00b'omobile?

Chop trees and kill like you want its no ones business. 

7 hours ago, Canis said:

As a Woodie Main, I can tell you with 100% certainty that Woodie is trash. The beaver form is a con more than a perk

As a Woodie not main, I can tell he is like fittest glove for my hand, using wearbeavers form for benefits only

Only thing what i miss from Forge is Lucy trowing, but without traveling back in hands, and he could miss with axe on little targets like butterflies and rabbits, maybe with a reason because he likes bit small innocent creatures to stay alive eh?

about wetness he can dry out in rainy time if goes under tree... if rain is not too strong :^) And not mentioned here i am good player. Im just protecting character who protected me so many times. AND i want keep him away from incoming dosage of corrupted steroids from too well feed community who even does not knows what they wants anymore, just swap game for time like i do and chill. and drink some tea =)

Chop trees and kill like you want its no ones business. 

As a Woodie not main, I can tell he is like fittest glove for my hand, using wearbeavers form for benefits only

Only thing what i miss from Forge is Lucy trowing, but without traveling back in hands, and he could miss with axe on little targets like butterflies and rabbits, maybe with a reason because he likes bit small innocent creatures to stay alive eh?

Every character can dry off a bit of under a tree if the rain isn't too strong xD... This is a non argument... If completely wet he can freeze to death... A Beaver... Come on man you gotta admit that's idiotic

AND i want keep him away from incoming dosage of corrupted steroids from too well feed community who even does not knows what they wants anymore, just swap game for time like i do and chill. and drink some tea 

I think you are a bit out of touch with the forums... It's pretty much clear what are the changes most people want want for him... I did listed to you what most people agree on but u only replied to me with a non argument that applies to every character... :/... Drying off under trees.. Pff

BTW I understand u wanna defend Woodie from people who don't play the game regularly but that's not the case with me. I played him in DS quite a lot... But in DST he is just annoying cuz people can be nasty and steal your equipment when you are gathering if you play in public servers. And that's what many people in the forums forget... There is a silent player base there and u will hardly see a woodie playing in those and if you see one he is cave basing alone... That's just sad. 

51 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Every character can dry off a bit of under a tree if the rain isn't too strong xD... This is a non argument... If completely wet he can freeze to death... A Beaver... Come on man you gotta admit that's idiotic

you should test him again

Spoiler

20190413150558_1.thumb.jpg.33fef1ac6cd0431d857e34dcda4e64bf.jpg

20190413150431_1.thumb.jpg.939f883ce22efeb9b1cba128002586fc.jpg

55 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

he is just annoying cuz people can be nasty and steal your equipment when you are gathering

Don't be sleepy free these two slots before you turn

be my guest to call me an idiot but don't call Woodie to useless and trash character he is not deserved that.

you should test him again

Reveal hidden contents

20190413150558_1.thumb.jpg.33fef1ac6cd0431d857e34dcda4e64bf.jpg

20190413150431_1.thumb.jpg.939f883ce22efeb9b1cba128002586fc.jpg

Don't be sleepy free these two slots before you turn

be my guest to call me an idiot but don't call Woodie to useless and trash character he is not deserved that.

I did tested him... and it's not raining properly there... this is the normal autumn rain that doesn't do anything really... not like in spring... and when you are wet your core temperature drops and you can freeze to death... as a beaver.. cuz reasons...

you are missing the point that he should be immune cuz he is a beaver... beavers live in water ... their fur is 100% wetness resistant!! ergo Woodie should be resistant... in DST he has 70% wetness resistant.. so obvs he is gonna receive the benefit from under trees like anybody else... it just stack on his natural one... like people standing under a tree with a football helmet + pretty parasol + under tree or football helmet + umbrella and you already have 80% prot on the helmet so yeap..:: the fact that  you cannot see the wetness protection from the tree there doesn't mean normal woodie is not receiving it

he also lacks cold immunity.. again.... why?20190403023251_1.thumb.jpg.a3c3692842c187354e90a2b9af2d3c09.jpg

he is heat and cold immune in DS... I think to make him balanced he should be cold and water res, but overheat a bit faster than the others... or why not having both like in DS.. that would make him so much fun in summer

it's not about "be(ing) sleepy" when it comes for people to steal you stuff... sometimes you are far away minding you own business and people simply pass you by and steal from u.. that's what I mean....

I never called u an idiot and I didn't say Woodie is as a character lore and personality is trash... I said it's idiotic Woodie isn't water res.

Don't defend Woodie from an emotional stand point. I'm not attacking HIM... just pointing out his flawed mechanics in DST.

The problem with Woodie is that his focus shifted while his implied theme stayed the same.

Woodie is a great character for caves. His sanity regain is stronger than Maxwell, his beard counters the colder temp and more common rain-freezing, and his passive friendliness (he automatically holds followers for longer) is good for Bunnyman and Rock Lobster shenanigans. Those perks also make him decent for the overworld, having more general gameplay strength than Wilson.

He flops when it comes to the werebeaver, and by extension woodcutting, because it brings the beaver out. In DST, his alternate form is a definite downside. Sure, you can do things with it...but there's nothing that you can really do better in werebeaver form than a normal character. The sanity degen is good for shadow farming, but so are any number of options without downsides attached to them. Its damage dealt isn't high enough to be a good combat option, even with kiting. Maxwell outdoes the woodcutting rate of the werebeaver, without having to consume part of the bounty or manage beaverness. And what environmental resistances it still has are highly outclassed by equippable items that it can't use.
Add to this that to avoid this form, you have to consume a portion of any trees that you cut in normal form (or spend time harvesting and consuming other materials)...or avoid woodcutting altogether and munch some twigs.

He's a good woodsman, but a bad logger, and the Werebeaver is something to avoid.
Thematic conflict is the result.
As much as I enjoy cave Woodie, that should be fixed.

13 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Who said at the end of April? Can u pls quote who confirmed that? 

It was at the end of the Wortox is Here! post:

Upcoming
At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content. 

In addition, the next character to be refreshed will be Willow, launching at the same time as the game update.

5 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

It was at the end of the Wortox is Here! post:

Upcoming
At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content. 

In addition, the next character to be refreshed will be Willow, launching at the same time as the game update.

i hope they don't get delayed and overlap months with another character that would kill my needing for it to be uniform

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i hope they don't get delayed and overlap months with another character that would kill my needing for it to be uniform

I would assume the character would be pushed back too. Not sure how their workforce is split up.

14 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Any idea of how soon new content is coming? Mid-April is slowly passing by. 

Official word says the end of April. From the Wortox Has Arrived! Post:

"At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content. 

In addition, the next character to be refreshed will be Willow, launching at the same time as the game update."

Archived