Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

It's like how people keep asking when Oxygen Not Included will be a multiplayer game when it was never intended to be...

Yep, same situation with DS originally. Luckily, Klei managed to make a multiplayer, but was necessary make basically "another game" (DST is a standalone game, after all).

8 hours ago, Maslak said:

As far as I know characters are pretty imbalanced in pvp and I'm pretty sure devs never focused on balancing them this way.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't Woodie changed so much because of pvp? (I mean Werebeaver was a beast in its former self). 

That, and to avoid griefing i guess. 

But griefing is impossible to stop, you need to play with people you know to avoid it, nerfs won't do anything. 

I don't think it was because of PvP, but I might be wrong. His main upside in PvP is faster attack animation if I remember correctly. I can see how lowering his defense could be nerf for that.

But PvP is way from being balanced as I said. Sleepy Time Stories and especially panflute are broken.

IIRC Werebeaver was messed with for all-around having too good of an early-game, PvP included.
Of course, problem being that that early game only lasts more than a few minutes for people who've barely touched this game before.

But yea as long as stuff like the Molehat-LazyExplorer-Panflute-Darksword Jumpscare Combo exist, PvP balance...doesn't. It's a problem with the design of the game rather than the characters. Multiplayer is one thing, there had to be balance based around more Player-based sources of damage at once, but Players themselves were never meant to be a target of the tools we have.
Because people like me can easily come up with rage-inducing tactics that frustrate people to the point of not enjoying the game.

40 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Why suddenly people only talk about PvP in DST? This is not a PvP game (thanks God) and should not be organized around PvP. Want to smack your friend or some random newbie in the face? Stick with CS:GO and whatnot.

You know, while some people give good ideas or thoughts, others always complain or just want change everything.

So yeah, it would be a big mistake to convert whole DST (CO-OP & SURVIVAL GAME) into "pvp".

Spoiler

CS:GO is nice, but CS:Source is far better (with all the bugs around him :p)

I mean, we "the pvp talkers" (lmao) are just saying exactly that this is not a pvp game, and that pvp shouldn't be taken in consideration for balance/revamp purpose, just like you both are saying. 

We are all friends! :wilson_flower:

Changing subject: March is here! Winona's revamp and Wortox soon™! 

11 hours ago, Rhobious_Aran said:

While I do generally very much understand the reason to spread the content out and have it keep alive the game over a long period of time. It also means most mods won't work for what, like a year from now on? =/

Mods only break if you change files they rely on.  Changing character files and adding new ones will do very little.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:51 AM, VexTheHex said:

Also be cool if he could like Boss Balloon schematics when helping kill a boss. So he could make a balloon Deerclops or Toadstool to show off his victories. I think it'd be adorable.

YES! Specialty Balloons! <3 That'd be amazing! Balloons, sculptures, circus food recipes - make Wes a true artistic Mime! 

And yeah, the call for nerfs need to stop. The "Top 3" do not need nerfs. That would ruin their unique playstyle. And to be honest almost every single person calling for the nerfs are not usually playing those characters at all - it's hard not to presume they have ill intent from bias. 

The griefing thing is also infuriating. There will be griefers - they will abuse any and every tactic to harm other players. Nerfing Willow was not a solution, it just made them slightly alter tactics. Nerfing Wickerbottom would stop tentacle trap griefing, but it wouldn't stop them from finding another way to cause chaos - all it would do is take one option from them and rip away a great deal of play from those that use tentacles for mob fights. Same thing for spider traps, Wolfgang's strength, or WX's gear stats. They still win in the end. They still light fires, still pvp slaughter, still set death traps, still grief. And they laugh in sadistic glee that their actions have caused permanent damage to the characters and game. 

54 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

YES! Specialty Balloons! <3 That'd be amazing! Balloons, sculptures, circus food recipes - make Wes a true artistic Mime! 

And yeah, the call for nerfs need to stop. The "Top 3" do not need nerfs. That would ruin their unique playstyle. And to be honest almost every single person calling for the nerfs are not usually playing those characters at all - it's hard not to presume they have ill intent from bias. 

The griefing thing is also infuriating. There will be griefers - they will abuse any and every tactic to harm other players. Nerfing Willow was not a solution, it just made them slightly alter tactics. Nerfing Wickerbottom would stop tentacle trap griefing, but it wouldn't stop them from finding another way to cause chaos - all it would do is take one option from them and rip away a great deal of play from those that use tentacles for mob fights. Same thing for spider traps, Wolfgang's strength, or WX's gear stats. They still win in the end. They still light fires, still pvp slaughter, still set death traps, still grief. And they laugh in sadistic glee that their actions have caused permanent damage to the characters and game. 

I agree. taking as a base for changes to characters in the game the fact that some people enjoy being griefers is simply a bad decision.

5 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

If that's so, perhaps it would be worth the mentioning to completely scrub them of any downsides at all.

No, really. Sincerely.

For an example, Wicker's insomnia, while normally not a factor in play, is mechanically broken in Winter's Feast. That, and it's weird for her to craft sleep rolls on the spot if she can't be using them.

Archived