Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

Everyone wants Warly because his crockpot would be THE item :wilson_ecstatic:

I enjoy to be a nomad sometimes, Specially when going into the caves. With that portable crockpot i would be a GOD! Hahaha. 

The only new thing i want in a character would be that he/she/it could only eat veggies. It is the only thing I don't know why is not implemented yet. Who eats pumpkins? Watermelon? Yeah, i thought so. 

Yeah, probably would mean "dragonpie diet only" in the med-end game, but still. It would be really fun to actually make the farms important. 

On 2/17/2019 at 5:05 PM, Misa22 said:

Everyone wants Warly because his crockpot would be THE item :wilson_ecstatic:

I enjoy to be a nomad sometimes, Specially when going into the caves. With that portable crockpot i would be a GOD! Hahaha. 

The only new thing i want in a character would be that he/she/it could only eat veggies. It is the only thing I don't know why is not implemented yet. Who eats pumpkins? Watermelon? Yeah, i thought so. 

Yeah, probably would mean "dragonpie diet only" in the med-end game, but still. It would be really fun to actually make the farms important. 

? Tbh I don't get that idea of a portable croc pot being so important... The mats for croc pots, are very easy and you can simply precraft and place them later... 

27 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

? Tbh I don't get that idea of a portable croc pot being so important... The mats for croc pots, are very easy and you can simply precraft and place them later... 

Yes, but people don't like the idea of: 

1-Get all the materials
2-Make the Crock Pot
3-Cooking
4-Then hammer or leave the crock pot
5-Repeat 1, 2, 3 & 4 again

Personally, I would like see a variation of Portable Crock Pot in DST available for all the characters, using the Alchemy Engine (like the Blanderbuss in Hamlet).

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

As the guy from above said, it is more a "lazy thing" than a "hard thing", and you will have to constantly "burn resources" (yeah, it is cheap, but still) to make crockpots to just cook some meatballs. 

But imagine this scenario: you are exploring the ruins, and it took you some time to find the entrance, you run out of food, and boom, you kill a splumonkey, grab some lichen and cook meatballs on the fly without thinking about having enough materials to build anything, just one inventory slot. That thing is REALLY strong. 

Sure, you can have bundling wrap and save the lichen and whatnot. But that is a mid-late game item, and we are talking about a starting item that lets you "not to have a base" and still be a GOD. 

Wolfgang would be really really strong with that thing. 

15 hours ago, Misa22 said:

As the guy from above said, it is more a "lazy thing" than a "hard thing", and you will have to constantly "burn resources" (yeah, it is cheap, but still) to make crockpots to just cook some meatballs. 

But imagine this scenario: you are exploring the ruins, and it took you some time to find the entrance, you run out of food, and boom, you kill a splumonkey, grab some lichen and cook meatballs on the fly without thinking about having enough materials to build anything, just one inventory slot. That thing is REALLY strong. 

Sure, you can have bundling wrap and save the lichen and whatnot. But that is a mid-late game item, and we are talking about a starting item that lets you "not to have a base" and still be a GOD. 

Wolfgang would be really really strong with that thing. 

Imo DST is all about preparation. I always build a mini base in the lichen zone with at least a chest, a croc pot and a fridge. It's super cheap in mats and useful. So in that scenario u describe to me is such a non issue having a portable croc pot tbh. And having one as Wolfgang would be simply absolutely broken, cuz u are gonna offset the only thing that makes Wolfgang sorta vulnerable. If you want to turn your game ez game then go ahead and download a mod for portable croc pot in dst, but I'm 100% sure the devs are not gonna officially introduce it in dst for the sake of balance. 

10 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Imo DST is all about preparation. I always build a mini base in the lichen zone with at least a chest, a croc pot and a fridge. It's super cheap in mats and useful. So in that scenario u describe to me is such a non issue having a portable croc pot tbh. And having one as Wolfgang would be simply absolutely broken, cuz u are gonna offset the only thing that makes Wolfgang sorta vulnerable. If you want to turn your game ez game then go ahead and download a mod for portable croc pot in dst, but I'm 100% sure the devs are not gonna officially introduce it in dst for the sake of balance. 

No need to be defensive.

But see? "if you want to turn your game ez mode". You recognize it is a really strong item, that is all i was implying. 

Do i need it? Nope. Do i want it? Nope. If Warly or a portable crockpot is introduced in the game, am i gonna use it? You can bet your left buttcheek i will. 

Also, i have a base in the lichen zone as well (i pretty much live in there), so yeah, do not assume I don't know how to play the game just because i can see how stupidly strong a portable pot can be. I was the second person in the world to get the platinum trophy in ps4, and i have +2000h on my back. 

That being said, have an awesome day, sir! :)

1 hour ago, Misa22 said:

I was the second person in the world to get the platinum trophy in ps4..

What does that mean? (am a PC player and have no clue about what "trophies" are for PS4 version of the game - also am too lazy to actually search web 'till I get a comprehensive answer; but from my past knowledge reading these forums it seems "trophies" in DST context are something more of an inside joke "pat-on-the-back achievement" than anything, introduced for PlayStations because Sony demands such things for marketed games under their platforms, a mandatory thing)

@PeterA Will the Heirloom rarity skins carry as well from the Steam Market when the update for it goes live? Practically what I'm saying is when the game updates itself the current GoH, Triumphant, and the Survivor from the market will go from Elegant to Heirloom. 

6 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

What does that mean? (am a PC player and have no clue about what "trophies" are for PS4 version of the game - also am too lazy to actually search web 'till I get a comprehensive answer; but from my past knowledge reading these forums it seems "trophies" in DST context are something more of an inside joke "pat-on-the-back achievement" than anything, introduced for PlayStations because Sony demands such things for marketed games under their platforms, a mandatory thing)

Yeah, the DST ones are nothing to brag about, i just meant that i "speedrun don't starve". Also, i don't really know what achievements the pc version has so we could compare, sadly. 

The platinum one is the one you get when you get all achievements, you know: kill everything, get everything, etc. 

1 hour ago, Misa22 said:

The platinum one is the one you get when you get all achievements, you know: kill everything, get everything, etc. 

Oh, ok. Done everything that can be done in DST context, got it.

PC version doesn't have any achievements, as Klei stated they don't like "goading" players in some ironed game goals, hence "your world your rules" motto. Yet were kinda forced by Sony's policy to plaster some achievements over to their platform and did so in a jokingly manner.

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

PC version doesn't have any achievements, as Klei stated they don't like "goading" players in some ironed game goals, hence "your world your rules" motto. Yet were kinda forced by Sony's policy to plaster some achievements over to their platform and did so in a jokingly manner.

True, curiously, Maxwell (well know by break the 4th wall) have a funny quote related to this, when examines Accomploshrine (a exclusive structure for console versions, his purpose is just give two achievements):

Accomploshrine_Build.png.1f5fe7ea9d14233fa25088b53c2f9796.png

-"Even They couldn't build something so devious."

On 2/9/2019 at 7:28 PM, YouKnowWho said:

I heard demon puberty does that sort of thing.

Speaking from experience?

On 2/10/2019 at 9:06 PM, YouKnowWho said:

Jeez, that last three-horned-one looks real weird. What kind of infernal christmas beast would have such a ridiculous head?

That took me too long to get... :wilson_facepalm:

On 2/17/2019 at 4:06 PM, darkhero said:

plz put fixing offline lag in your list too

there is no lag in a offline/local game widout cave. but with cave, its a nightmare.

just make it like normal DS

There's a difference with caves from DS to DST...mainly in the fact that you're running two servers simultaneously. 

There was no way for them to avoid this, because in a multiplayer game some people are going to stay above ground, and some people are going to go into the caves, and so they have to run on two interconnected servers simultaneously.

It doesn't matter if it's offline or not, it's still going to be running two servers, it even gives you a disclaimer when adding caves to a world.

Suggestions: 

Nerf Wolfgang hard by giving him at least a present and serious setback and Wickerbottom's books;

Fix the pathfinding because it's where most exploits come from;

Come up with more mobs or mechanics that seriously affect plants and farms;

Nerf some mobs loot or add more risk. Bunnymen, catcoons, werepigs(manure farming) for instance give way too much resources for relatively too little effort. Shadow creatures are easy to keep farming forever, so maybe add an increasing chance for a MUCH more vicious one the longer you stay insane and the darker it is(tier 2 shadow knights would be nice).

Thulecite crown should require a red gem for real.

Snow Chester is op.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Klei has a small team for DST and this is Klei, a studio which is built on idea of nice and restful game development, not like EPICnoobgames which can pump out content which sucks by the way but they have a tons of different trade-offs for that *cough cough* Tencent.

It's worth mentioning that Klei also supports Tencent by selling games through its platform. Tencent's a questionable company for sure, I'm not a fan by any means, buuut...frankly we're all a part of that power structure now. Something about having your cake and eating it too.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:53 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

Eeh, honestly I'd be more interested if the upcoming characters were, say; Warly and Warbucks than a pack of four unknown non-human creatures. I just like humans and some already established characters more for some reason

Heh, League of Legends' developers actually did a study on this in the past. Turns out that when you track it, while people might express interest in non-human creatures, they're a lot more likely to actually play the human ones; presumably due to being more relatable. So you're not alone in that.

Also please bring back Warbucks for literally any reason lmao.

On 2/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, darkhero said:

plz put fixing offline lag in your list too

there is no lag in a offline/local game widout cave. but with cave, its a nightmare.

just make it like normal DS

Oof, yea. Only way I can get the game to run decently with caves is by running a Dedi server; even though it's still on the same computer, that breaks up the processes in a way that lets it take advantage of multiple cores.
...if they could make the game run entirely separately from the 'server' portion by default and just have the game manage before-startup settings and send the startup/shutdown commands, that would solve quite a few problems on this front. And I wouldn't have to go through nearly as many hoops to get it running in a viable way...

So I've got a serious question, why haven't the devs started at least an event for shipwrecked content on DST? I feel they should have Shipwrecked mode and now with the new DLC should do so soon. I'm not hating on these fun events, I just feel sometimes like taking on a Sealnado would be possible with friends. But still, good luck with the new characters.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:21 PM, Tapirus said:

Yes, but people don't like the idea of: 

1-Get all the materials
2-Make the Crock Pot
3-Cooking
4-Then hammer or leave the crock pot
5-Repeat 1, 2, 3 & 4 again

Personally, I would like see a variation of Portable Crock Pot in DST available for all the characters, using the Alchemy Engine (like the Blanderbuss in Hamlet).

Advanced crockpot

On 21. 2. 2019 at 5:37 PM, lifetheuniverse said:

It's worth mentioning that Klei also supports Tencent by selling games through its platform. Tencent's a questionable company for sure, I'm not a fan by any means, buuut...frankly we're all a part of that power structure now. Something about having your cake and eating it too.

Yeah but then klei doesn't sell data to Tencent...

I got back into the game recently and saw the road map and that helped push me into it more. Winona was a miss for me, so I'm curious what they'll be tweaking with her to make her more exciting. I honestly don't really have strong ideas on her.

Willow was hinted at to be next up. I always hated Willow in DST since she was such a liability at the start that turned into griefer's #1 pick. Somehow even having to craft a torch was too much effort that they'd rather play Willow with a lighter. But one of my friends loved Willow and pretty much dropped her after her constant reworks cause she wasn't anything special anymore. To be honest how do you make a FIRE character good for the team where resources can be critical to survival? I don't know what they'll do with her as I feel her core concept of a character is challenging to actually make work in Together. I hope they figured out something for her and applaud their efforts.

I want to touch on Wes as well. I know it's meme to ask for nerfs. But as someone who has and does play Wes, I wanted him buffed in some regard. I'm fine with him being hard mode and challenging but he needs to bring some sort of aspect to his team to make people not rage at you for picking him. I think my main concern is he brings nothing to the table while having increased hunger drain. This means to a team, he is actually hurting them by using up more food. Also be cool if he could like Boss Balloon schematics when helping kill a boss. So he could make a balloon Deerclops or Toadstool to show off his victories. I think it'd be adorable.

Also wish people were a little chill on nerfing Wickerbottom and/or Woflgang. Wolfgang basically offers one thing to the team and that's his fire power in fights. Otherwise he is just a massive food drain. Wickerbottom is pretty awesome, and I'd rather see her get more spell book options than anything else. In terms of Wicker's griefing a spawn... that can be done already with mass spider eggs or a large scale box. 

9 hours ago, VexTheHex said:

In terms of Wicker's griefing a spawn... that can be done already with mass spider eggs or a large scale box.

That. People will always find a way to grief; hopefully Klei adds more tools to deal with it rather than messing with characters in an attempt to limit it.

I'm interested in Willow's coming rework too. At first thought it seems like they might need to change how fire actually works for her to be very welcome...but then, there are other approaches, like letting her quickly set her old 'hound fires' from single player on-demand; they'd be useful for Deerclopse (another non-desctuctable light source), not to mention manipulating the AI of mobs giving chase.
Maybe some adjustment to Night Lights could be made, too. There isn't really any worthwhile endgame fire-based content at the moment.

Wes is a whole topic unto himself, haha.

I added links to bypass having those conversations all over again lol. We've long since beaten these topics to death.

Naturally, I'm all in for a total reconstruction of Willow's playstyle, but honestly, a grab bag of a dozen fire-relevant perks of questionable worth is not going to save the character. Having to light something on fire every five minutes is annoying unless you really like them healing salves, for instance.

The only thing i don't like is that some characters were adjusted to be "balanced" in pvp. PVP!! 

I haven't played that mode aside from the first time and then again after 7 months just "for the lolz". 

I hope that, after 3 years, the devs realize that that game mode is "not a thing" for 90% of the game's player base in my opinion and extensive observation, and stop balancing characters around that mode. 

This is probably a very long message to say "BRING GOOD OL' WOODY BACK!" hahahah (even tho i like that log meter in human form thingamabob). 

PD: If you are a PVP hardcore player i am sorry, don't pounce on my neck. This is entirely my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Misa22 said:

The only thing i don't like is that some characters were adjusted to be "balanced" in pvp. PVP!! 

I haven't played that mode aside from the first time and then again after 7 months just "for the lolz". 

I hope that, after 3 years, the devs realize that that game mode is "not a thing" for 90% of the game's player base in my opinion and extensive observation, and stop balancing characters around that mode. 

This is probably a very long message to say "BRING GOOD OL' WOODY BACK!" hahahah (even tho i like that log meter in human form thingamabob). 

PD: If you are a PVP hardcore player i am sorry, don't pounce on my neck. This is entirely my opinion. 

well PvP is massively unbalanced because you can STUN people while hitting them... so you would hit them more and more until they die.

Archived