Bigfoot

Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

ImDaMisterL    19,428
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Krampus might be a future species in the future.

I thought he already was, seeing as there was Santa Claws, unless he's not considered a Krampus?

I'm all for more Krampus designs. Shipwrecked Krampus is the best one, though.

• Like 1

Tapirus    1,396
23 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I thought he already was, seeing as there was Santa Claws, unless he's not considered a Krampus?

Yes, but I think he means that now it will be more common to see Krampus's species as part of the Constant, than something "special".

Also, yes, Klaus is basically a bigger krampus (who calls the small ones to fight you when he needs help).

Edited by Tapirus

minespatch    46,774
27 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Yes, but I think he means that now it will be more common to see Krampus's species as part of the Constant than something "special".

I consider Klaus a boss than a normal krampus. Something must've gotten really angry at Klaus that they stitched his eyes and made him a stomach mouth. So more krampii would be nice to see.

Also, Klaus seems to be a no-eye-deer guardian.

• Like 1

Tapirus    1,396
4 hours ago, minespatch said:

I consider Klaus a boss than a normal krampus. Something must've gotten really angry at Klaus that they stitched his eyes and made him a stomach mouth. So more krampii would be nice to see.

Spoiler

1449159419_photoskrampusundnikolas.thumb.jpg.a15a796713c9f8c9755c07de29cc8019.jpg

Both creatures are related to christmas. Santa Claus & Krampus usually travel togheter, in some versions.

Klaus spawns several krampus when have 50% (or less) health and they keep close to him (like the hounds with Varg).

He "protects" the deers not because they're friends, it's because its his livestock of slaves. The characters notices this, and express horror when examines Klaus:

-"I shall free thy deers this day!" (Wigfrid)

-"That meanie imprisoned those deer!" (Webber)

-"Get out of here ya big creep!" (Winona)

And the Gem Deers:

-"It's being controlled by that beast!" (Wilson)

-"Some chains are physical..." (Wendy) 

-"The poor creature has been forcibly fused to a magic gem..." (Wickerbottom)

-"That ain't natural." (Woodie)

Spoiler

5c6103d229bbe_Klauslaughs.thumb.png.f4edcf684feb1f5d6bf27e499e470e68.png

¿And what kind of "answer" gives Klaus to the survivors? Laughs.

Edited by Tapirus
*some corrections*
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

axxel    699
On 11.2.2019 at 4:56 AM, minespatch said:

I thought Klaus is a chimera of a No-eyed-deer and a krampus

reverentsatyr    783
On 2/10/2019 at 8:14 PM, Tapirus said:
On 2/10/2019 at 7:53 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

Yes, but I think he means that now it will be more common to see Krampus's species as part of the Constant, than something "special".

Also, yes, Klaus is basically a bigger krampus (who calls the small ones to fight you when he needs help).

So, Klaus WASN'T the guy who put presents under the christmas trees during the winter event?

• Like 1

ModsterMash    421
10 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

So, Klaus WASN'T the guy who put presents under the christmas trees during the winter event?

I always thought it was Charlie.

Tapirus    1,396
39 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Klaus only makes that because it's under the effects of Winter Feast, he´s bigger krampus, but still being a version (but distorted & evil) of Santa Claus, yet he will attacks to anyone who goes against him. 

"The Constant always seems to have an odd effect on Klaus this time of year; although we all tend to show our holiday spirit in different ways. Happy Winter's Feast!" (Klaus Profile Icon´s description)

His "Gifts" actually are more Rewards for stay alive one time more. His huge bag its full of diverse kind of stuff. 

¿From where come from?  Well, a small clue: When the character dies, his small krampus assistants starts taking items...

Edited by Tapirus

scorp2007    2

Hi guys, I think it would be cool to make a mode for experienced players! Now it’s too easy to survive for those who are experienced, and it becomes boring. Need a mode where there would be more sudden troubles, scant biomes, bosses who attack the base at an indefinite time, that would be very cool! :)

Majestix    128
20 hours ago, scorp2007 said:

Hi guys, I think it would be cool to make a mode for experienced players! Now it’s too easy to survive for those who are experienced, and it becomes boring. Need a mode where there would be more sudden troubles, scant biomes, bosses who attack the base at an indefinite time, that would be very cool! :)

There are mods accomplishing all of those things, and many of these things can even be accomplished through world generation options. Anyway, this topic has been talked to death by now.

scorp2007    2
1 hour ago, Majestix said:

There are mods accomplishing all of those things, and many of these things can even be accomplished through world generation options. Anyway, this topic has been talked to death by now.

I do not use mods and I think that they violate the atmosphere of the game, they are made by other people and most of the mods that I saw did not evoke any feelings in me. Therefore, if the developers had done this, it would have been much cooler.

With the default settings, you will not change anything either,
new bosses will not attack the base, there will be no sudden problems, it will be just a little more difficult, but still boring.

x0VERSUS1y    2,300
1 hour ago, scorp2007 said:

..there will be no sudden problems, it will be just a little more difficult, but still boring.

Play pubs, the official Klei variety, you'll swim in "sudden problems" starting with casual newbies and noob shenanigans and ending with your "friendly neighborhood" griefer - bonus if is Clouds and his bots or multiple trolls flooding server: bases will be hammered, crops will burn, spider eggs planted everywhere for a complete madness of more than 2-3 ghosts at a time - fun fun fun under the scorching summer sun. You haven't tasted true RNG insanity if not encountered a wild Willow being chased by frogs, shadow monsters and enraged Klaus 1st downpour day of Spring with joyous Frog Rain while you yourself just spawned - mm,MMM! Best of times I say! :beguiled:

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
*le more insanity
  • Haha 4

lifetheuniverse    1,535
On 2/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, minespatch said:

tumblr_mnokqmaUVG1rjm0t8o2_1280.jpg

The concept art shows different body types. Krampus might be a future species in the future.

640?cb=20170725235913

...top row, second from the left.

Spoiler

heavy-breathing.png

• Like 1

crystal_clodet    1,563
1 hour ago, lifetheuniverse said:

...top row, second from the left.

Reveal hidden contents

heavy-breathing.png

i am 1000000% sure that doesnt look anything like the fuelweaver :apthy:

• Like 3

lifetheuniverse    1,535

Yea, it looks more like the regular cave variant of him if anything. Just pointing it out because with these connections it's possible that the original Krampus designs might've inspired it.

Spoiler

Oh hey, happened to find the skeleton images among my files from the Metheus puzzle a little while ago:

5c64eb160b827_WeaverandKlaus.thumb.png.c0c28ff5304bac98d7a9cf0ce4689f99.png

...looking at it now...there is an implication of Klaus having something to do with Fossils. Its 'horns' use the same symbol seemed to have been use for fossils to the right of Fuely.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
o boi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Turbiak    7

Someone know, old world would be compatible with new uptdates?

Klei PLS, 3k world ;-;

Edited by Turbiak

Maslak    4,184

As it was written - no, some features will definitely need a new world to be created.

SinancoTheBest    106
3 hours ago, Turbiak said:

Klei PLS, 3k world ;-;

Can't find it right now but I'm sure it wss said that some would require newly generated worlds. There was a popular thread about it here

fimmatek    2,716
3 hours ago, Turbiak said:

Klei PLS, 3k world ;-;

Here's the proof that (most likely) we'll have to start over: 

On 23.1.2019 at 2:38 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Joe replied on the subreddit that to get the new biomes and some of the new content we will have to generate a new world. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG

Tho I still hope that there will be a way to get (most of) the new content in old worlds, I also have one.

• Thanks 1

reverentsatyr    783
On 1/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Bigfoot said:

A fresh batch of four characters have been unwittingly ensnared and brought into the world.

So, the constant trapped people from a bunch of other worlds besides the human world, right? It would be nice to see several new characters that aren't from the human world, to make things more interesting.

__IvoCZE__    3,323
30 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

So, the constant trapped people from a bunch of other worlds besides the human world, right? It would be nice to see several new characters that aren't from the human world, to make things more interesting.

there will be a literally demon-goat-dog character.

5c478751c27b8_Semttulo.thumb.png.5871771

reverentsatyr    783
2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:
3 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

there will be a literally demon-goat-dog character.

I know that Wortox is coming out, but that's just one guy that's not from the human or the constant. I just kind of hope that he's not the only one.

Kavu    29

I believe Winona will get an equipable   bandana like wigfrid and her helmet.