Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

On 2/10/2019 at 8:14 PM, Tapirus said:
On 2/10/2019 at 7:53 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

I thought he already was, seeing as there was Santa Claws, unless he's not considered a Krampus?

Yes, but I think he means that now it will be more common to see Krampus's species as part of the Constant, than something "special".

Also, yes, Klaus is basically a bigger krampus (who calls the small ones to fight you when he needs help).

So, Klaus WASN'T the guy who put presents under the christmas trees during the winter event?

39 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

So, Klaus WASN'T the guy who put presents under the christmas trees during the winter event?

Klaus only makes that because it's under the effects of Winter Feast, he´s bigger krampus, but still being a version (but distorted & evil) of Santa Claus, yet he will attacks to anyone who goes against him. 

"The Constant always seems to have an odd effect on Klaus this time of year; although we all tend to show our holiday spirit in different ways. Happy Winter's Feast!" (Klaus Profile Icon´s description)

His "Gifts" actually are more Rewards for stay alive one time more. His huge bag its full of diverse kind of stuff. 

¿From where come from?  Well, a small clue: When the character dies, his small krampus assistants starts taking items...

Hi guys, I think it would be cool to make a mode for experienced players! Now it’s too easy to survive for those who are experienced, and it becomes boring. Need a mode where there would be more sudden troubles, scant biomes, bosses who attack the base at an indefinite time, that would be very cool! :)

20 hours ago, scorp2007 said:

Hi guys, I think it would be cool to make a mode for experienced players! Now it’s too easy to survive for those who are experienced, and it becomes boring. Need a mode where there would be more sudden troubles, scant biomes, bosses who attack the base at an indefinite time, that would be very cool! :)

There are mods accomplishing all of those things, and many of these things can even be accomplished through world generation options. Anyway, this topic has been talked to death by now.

1 hour ago, Majestix said:

There are mods accomplishing all of those things, and many of these things can even be accomplished through world generation options. Anyway, this topic has been talked to death by now.

I do not use mods and I think that they violate the atmosphere of the game, they are made by other people and most of the mods that I saw did not evoke any feelings in me. Therefore, if the developers had done this, it would have been much cooler.

With the default settings, you will not change anything either,
new bosses will not attack the base, there will be no sudden problems, it will be just a little more difficult, but still boring.

1 hour ago, scorp2007 said:

..there will be no sudden problems, it will be just a little more difficult, but still boring.

Play pubs, the official Klei variety, you'll swim in "sudden problems" starting with casual newbies and noob shenanigans and ending with your "friendly neighborhood" griefer - bonus if is Clouds and his bots or multiple trolls flooding server: bases will be hammered, crops will burn, spider eggs planted everywhere for a complete madness of more than 2-3 ghosts at a time - fun fun fun under the scorching summer sun. You haven't tasted true RNG insanity if not encountered a wild Willow being chased by frogs, shadow monsters and enraged Klaus 1st downpour day of Spring with joyous Frog Rain while you yourself just spawned - mm,MMM! Best of times I say! :beguiled:

Yea, it looks more like the regular cave variant of him if anything. Just pointing it out because with these connections it's possible that the original Krampus designs might've inspired it.

Spoiler

Oh hey, happened to find the skeleton images among my files from the Metheus puzzle a little while ago:

5c64eb160b827_WeaverandKlaus.thumb.png.c0c28ff5304bac98d7a9cf0ce4689f99.png

...looking at it now...there is an implication of Klaus having something to do with Fossils. Its 'horns' use the same symbol seemed to have been use for fossils to the right of Fuely.

3 hours ago, Turbiak said:

Someone know, old world would be compatible with new uptdates?

Klei PLS, 3k world ;-;

Here's the proof that (most likely) we'll have to start over: 

On 23.1.2019 at 2:38 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Joe replied on the subreddit that to get the new biomes and some of the new content we will have to generate a new world. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG

Tho I still hope that there will be a way to get (most of) the new content in old worlds, I also have one.

On 22.1.2019. at 7:59 PM, Bigfoot said:

promo_future.png

Wow, this is great artwork! It reminds me of "Wanderer above the Sea of Fog", and I would love to see other characters on Wilson place (or beside him), with landscape from game in distance, like Pig Villages and different biomes. That would be great addition to your already great offer of posters and cover arts on official Klei store!

On 1/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Bigfoot said:

A fresh batch of four characters have been unwittingly ensnared and brought into the world.

So, the constant trapped people from a bunch of other worlds besides the human world, right? It would be nice to see several new characters that aren't from the human world, to make things more interesting.

30 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

So, the constant trapped people from a bunch of other worlds besides the human world, right? It would be nice to see several new characters that aren't from the human world, to make things more interesting.

there will be a literally demon-goat-dog character.

5c478751c27b8_Semttulo.thumb.png.5871771

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:
3 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

there will be a literally demon-goat-dog character.

I know that Wortox is coming out, but that's just one guy that's not from the human or the constant. I just kind of hope that he's not the only one.

Klei honestly these updates are great but they take too much time to come out. And for me it gets boring cause every time i start a new world and play it for hours and hours its just gets boring cause im too op. Like toadstool is a useless boss. Misery Toad takes ages to kill and not even worth to kill. Dfly and Beequeen to easy. Klaus too easy. I know its a boss and everything but these bosses gives you a lot of loot. I'd advise you to manage the loot pull. And your update date's are horrible. Honestly overall this game is trash. Oh and cheesing bosses? Man that makes bosses way too easy too. Like if this game was getting updates like every week i mean i would be playing the game. The events are fun yeah but then once it is done what are you supposed to do. Revamping characters? So what the characters will be good? Took you 5 years to improve. I barely started playing last year, and i think the meta is always the same. Most of the characters are trash. Most of your games are still early access and you don't pay attention to what your fans plays the most.

this is obviously a troll...                           or is it?

Well to you my friend I gotta split the wall of text.

On 16. 2. 2019 at 7:59 PM, AquaStrider said:

Klei honestly these updates are great but they take too much time to come out. And for me it gets boring cause every time i start a new world and play it for hours and hours its just gets boring cause im too op. Like if this game was getting updates like every week i mean i would be playing the game. And your update date's are horrible.

Klei has a small team for DST and this is Klei, a studio which is built on idea of nice and restful game development, not like EPICnoobgames which can pump out content which sucks by the way but they have a tons of different trade-offs for that *cough cough* Tencent.

Like toadstool is a useless boss. Misery Toad takes ages to kill and not even worth to kill. Dfly and Beequeen to easy. Klaus too easy. I know its a boss and everything but these bosses gives you a lot of loot. I'd advise you to manage the loot pull. 

Oh and cheesing bosses? Man that makes bosses way too easy too.

Just because you think something is easy doesn't make it easy.

Speaking of the ANR bosses, Toadstool is there for decorations ( He drops blueprints for lamps for god's sake )

Bee Queen is literally impossible to pull off without a huge speed boost/beefalo/darts solo.

And no, using On Tentacles/Bunnymen is not solo strategy, you are utilizing another mob.

Using exploits doesn't mean you are validated to say that bosses are easy.

Honestly overall this game is trash. The events are fun yeah but then once it is done what are you supposed to do. Revamping characters? So what the characters will be good? Took you 5 years to improve. I barely started playing last year, and i think the meta is always the same. Most of the characters are trash.

If the game's trash then why didn't you refund it when you found out that it's trash?

Character Revamp was asked for by many people.

5 Years? 

It left early access and was fully released on April 21, 2016. 

If most of the characters are trash then why you are mad that Klei's revamping the characters?

Most of your games are still early access and you don't pay attention to what your fans plays the most.

Most of their games...

Year Title Platform(s) Notes Ref.
2006 Eets Mac OS X, Windows, Xbox 360    
2008 N+ PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS Engine only  
2010 Sugar Rush Cancelled  
2010 Shank Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360    
2012 Shank 2 Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360    
2012 Mark of the Ninja Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, Xbox 360    
2013 Don't Starve Linux, OS X, Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, iOS, Android    
2014 Eets Munchies Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS    
2015 Invisible, Inc. Linux, OS X, Windows, PlayStation 4, iOS    
2016 Don't Starve Together Linux, OS X, Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One    
2017 Oxygen Not Included Linux, macOS, Windows EARLY A.  
TBA Griftlands Windows

EARLY A.

TBA Hot Lava Linux, macOS, Windows

EARLY A.

plus Hamlet which is a DLC is in EA too, a big stretch that most of their games are in EA

Klei pays a lot of attention to fans.

This is why we get Character revamp etc.

Remember ONI thing? - Klei released an infection update but it was just hard to grasp for everyone so Klei to the demand changed it.

Spoiler

Get rekt non-wes main

5c75a244edcd9_Wesboye.png.d205ff7b2ba7ae2fc113ac1de5a9f6b1.png

Honestly, I've probably said this before, I'm really hoping for some bosses akin to Hamlet's multi-part creatures. I dunno how feasible it would be to sync that, but it has massive potential for new and interesting coop mechanics.

Example: A giant turtle whose head remains in it's shell unless its tail is being attacked. Thus you have one person attack the tail and the other attack the now vulnerable head.

A very simple example, but I really wanna see more stuff play to DST's strength: multiple people—not extra "damage numbers".

Less bloated HP bosses. More diverse boss mechanics.

i hope that they will add a "solo mode" is the exact same as normal DST but:

bosses have normal health AnR bosses would have slight modifications to make them more single player friendly

you can actually pause the game

and obviously ... you can only go solo

please i have no friends that play DST

On 2/15/2019 at 9:33 PM, reverentsatyr said:

It would be nice to see several new characters that aren't from the human world, to make things more interesting.

Eeh, honestly I'd be more interested if the upcoming characters were, say; Warly and Warbucks than a pack of four unknown non-human creatures. I just like humans and some already established characters more for some reason

Archived