Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

37 minutes ago, Warplord said:

Finally those fairly useless events are over and we get actual content.

The events were used to test new stuff (for the base game), bring new players and etc. They have specific functions.

32 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

After Winona's "treatment" frankly am pretty skeptical about both new characters and future re-balance of old ones. Not to mention the lore.. I can see already Wortox for example just popping out of the blue in mentioned Winona-style and.. that's it. Same with rest of them "unimplemented characters" atm of this post: Wilton (that's just a skeleton.. when it dies what is left behind, dust?!), Winnie (aka reverse Wigfrid), Wallace (a weird hybrid between Warbucks and Woodlegs with a run-of-the-mill Dracula vibe to it), and Waverly (if Wickerbottom would be top of her witch class, this one would be the "simpleton" so-to-say of said class) - our discussion in PM. Oh well.. time will tell. Hope I'm wrong in my assumptions.

Well, you know, I have some thoughts about the characters (and the future), but I mostly wish something different than the mentioned ones already. (I really liked this Wormwood.)

So, for now, time to wait and see the outcome. 

On 22/01/2019 at 11:34 PM, JoeW said:

We actually had a value in mind that was going to be posted originally and we didn't like it. Turns out we're gonna be taking a long hard look at spool value and the time it will take to get the characters to weave them, including possible adjusting drop rates and spool gain. 

Our goal is to make enough money to make it worth our time, of course. However, we definitely want people to feel that weaving is a fair and acceptable alternative and not something impossible or unreasonable.

10k Spools or it ain't worth it! jk

On 23/01/2019 at 12:39 AM, Mobbstar said:

• Can modders simulate the unique character effects for debugging purposes?
    • Since all the stuff will need to be accessible to non-DLC-owner hosts, can amateur modders simply steal the entire character code, art and skins? It will be practically impossible to squash rip mods if they are easy enough to make.

I say, Klump those files!

I say that I am late to the party here

4 hours ago, Starlogy said:

I remember a tweet Klei posted saying that they're not going to focus on nerfs, so I'm going to assume they're buffing everyone.

4 hours ago, Mahoood said:

Yup. “Less plans” to nerf, more to make each unique.

CF80B42A-62F3-4744-AD27-470DE896546C.jpeg

"Less plans to nerf" and "unique abilities" sounds to me as sugar-coating nerfs; nerfs disguised as "uniqueness" by the adding of other small perks in addition to said nerfs (aka pseudo-alleviating the nerfing process to various degrees - or at least that would be Klei's desire regarding how player-base will perceive the nerfing). As "less" doesn't equates "none". If anything, that phrasing from Klei only confirms me nerfs will be part of "character refreshes".

And if I'm to guess what reworks will be done on "Holy DST Trinity" + Wigfrid in light of past mechanical balance topics I've read now-and-then, I would say Wolf will go down to 1.5x damage output in Mighty form tops plus slowness under 1x, also loosing about 1/4-1/3 of all max stats (nerf) coupled with rapid movement in Wimp form ("refreshness"), Wicker won't be able to read books when reaching 0 sanity and books will either get fewer reads before consumed or will be more taxing on sanity consumption (nerf) coupled with maybe ability to sleep when under a certain HP or sanity low threshold ("refreshness"), WX having its stats stripped down as well at about 2/3 of present full upgrades, getting less hunger/hp/sanity per gear-consumption (nerf) combined with maybe default neutrality of Clockworks towards it and/or ability to build Clockworks of its own ("refreshness"). Lastly Wig might have her dmg and dmg resistance go slightly down (nerf) yet will gain the capacity of eating non-meats when hunger meter reaches a certain low threshold ("refreshness").

All-in-all I for one am less and less optimist. Change can be good, but most of the time it isn't. Would hypothetical nerfs and "refreshness" above, if implemented in certain described capacities make gameplay more engaging? For me will certainly not. Am not a fan of the "Holy DST Trinity" even in current state but if nerfs will pass on it, will make me think 3ice before considering a run with them. C'est la vie at the end of day, heh.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:54 AM, Omaremad74 said:

Content > Events . 

Content >>>< Events (I missed a skin from the gorge I want it) :(

3 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

[SNIP]

Pls don not change Wigfrid at all :( I honestly think she is balanced fine..... but Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, and WX-78 DEFINITELY need to be reworked..... but for people like Wigfrid, Maxwell, and maybe Webber??? Don't really change anything.... (Except maybe the shadow duelist with Maxwell) but feel free to change Webber.

20 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

Will the character “changes” include Every character in the game?

In Bigfoot's post he has stated every core character will get a refresh (abilities+backstories+purchaseable skins)

It's probably not happening but I'd instantly give all my money if Warly from shipwrecked got to be one of those four upcoming characters. He'd be a perfect addition to the core cast of DST, admittedly with little tweaks here and there (His pot and Pouch should be toned down). Unlike others like Wallani and Woodlegs, his abilities have nothing to do with sea so he fits perfectly. A chef character would be such a good addition to the Don't Starve Together environment; after all many players love assuming the role of the chef and spending their time cooking great dishes for everyone.

1 hour ago, CrimsonEclipse0 said:

Is there going to be a way to get like event chests to be able to weave these new skins and stuff (because tryna weave them with the weekly 3 common drops aint gonna work chief)

There are current Spring Chest containing Curios from YotV and YotPK

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

There are current Spring Chest containing Curios from YotV and YotPK

But thats not gonna last but for another month or two at most

On 1/23/2019 at 11:14 AM, ooheee said:

THE ROSEATE SKINS!!! PLEASE PLEASE let us buy the roseate skins for each character refresh too!!!

i hope they dont give them the rarity buff too if they do, i already gotta buy webbers GoH

Archived