Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

I really adore the base for the character rework... It's what I always wanted... Less focus on an artificial scale of perfect balance between characters (which is boring and unrealistic imo) and more like giving a unique gameplay experience for each character... 

Ty so much devs 

Ty for listening... And doing something about it... 

I just wonder how many spools it'll take to weave a character.

Since the cost of the character includes the entire skin set, I wouldn't imagine that the price per character would be too huge in terms of spools.

4 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

for(int i = 0; i < 12; i++)
    std::cout << i+1 << ". [...]" << std::endl;

int i;
for(i = 1; i <= 12; ++i) {
  printf("%i. [...]\n", i);
}

ANSI C master class.  Also preincrement is better than postincrement for iterator loops' performance.

Just now, CarlZalph said:

int i;
for(i = 1; i <= 12; ++i) {
  printf("%i. [...]\n", i);
}

ANSI C master class.  Also preincrement is better than postincrement for iterator loops' performance.

I was used to use C back in the school*, but nowadays people want (force) me to use C++;
(*school = olympiads)

Wow, I was just excited about the roadmap, but after reading it I'm also so happy! :)

- Winona is my favorite character, so seeing her reworked as first character makes me really excited.
- Adding new biomes and creatures as free content is something that I really don't take for granted in the current DLC generation. But it always seems to be the developers who truly love their games who spend a lot of time on details and events and free content. And it's really, really appreciated! 
- I also think it's a good idea to make the new characters paid content - There has to come money from somewhere and I think characters are a good way to go. Can't wait for the new characters.
- I wasn't really playing events like the Forge, so I'm not going to miss it, but I think it's good to let it rest for a bit and concentrate on some QOL updates and content for the "normal" gameplay.

All in all I simply hope things will work out as planned because I can't wait for all the new things coming. They sound great! 

1 hour ago, Hunterluz said:

Oh, so the new characters wil not be free. That's not very cool Klei. That's not what Don't Starve is about :/

I understand the skins idea, ok, they're just cosmetic items, okay, but characters? Really? And where are characters in classic Don't Starve? :/

I mean, it's very good to know, that DST is being worked at and stuff, but characters are not just for looking good, they are for an in-game experience.

I'm still happy though, but I would be happier with free characters! :wilson_dorky:

would you rather the new biomes be locked? 

They said in the first post that skins were not creating enough revenue for them in regards to Events like Gorge and Forge, and they're using the sales of those characters to help fund all the free content we're getting now

so logically SOMETHING is going to have to cost money that isn't just a skin :? at least it's characters, and not the biomes

Awesome news! New content is always refreshing, and it's really good to know what's about to come, thanks for sharing!

I am, however, mostly excited about the Quality of Life and core game improvements. I really hope that the performance of dedicated servers can be improved! Also, while a polemic subject, having some kind of way to deal with griefers would also be very welcome :wilson_lightbulb:

1 hour ago, Starlogy said:

So you want them to ask for nothing while they work their asses off for new content for us to enjoy?? I'm happy to give what little I may have for Klei, they're an awesome company that has given me so much in terms of content and experiences.

And you think that I don't know about that?

I love Klei! They'er awesome! I have nothing against them earning some more money, it's their job of course. But take a look at it, there are more and more skins, more and more skin packs and we need to buy them (or make them by our spools) and if you love DST then it is clear that you will buy some of the skins. There will be even more skins, so there will be even more moeny to get. I have nothing agaist Klei earning money, it's a logic thing, but don't you think, that making the main ascpet of a game not-free is not TOO good idea? And what next? We'll have to pay to play events? I'm not trying to be rude of course, I love Klei, I love their work, they are awesome, to be honest, it's the first time I got a liiiitle bit upset with something form Klei. 

Let's not argue, we are fellow gamers! :lol:

26 minutes ago, Jynn said:

would you rather the new biomes be locked? 

They said in the first post that skins were not creating enough revenue for them in regards to Events like Gorge and Forge, and they're using the sales of those characters to help fund all the free content we're getting now

so logically SOMETHING is going to have to cost money that isn't just a skin :? at least it's characters, and not the biomes

Well, yes, I agree, but can't you see, that characters are the main ascpet of a game? Like I said in my last reply, it is the first time I got a little bit upset from anything that Klei did.I wasn't trying to be mean/rude or anything, it's just my inner feeling, that I will have to pay for some more fun. But I will get over it!

Let's not argue, we're fellow gamers! :lol:

I want to survive together with my fiancée on our Nintendo Switch consoles.

I'm a hardcore PCMasterRace gamer for ever. I own a very successful computer repair business and built some pretty hardcore gaming machines for myself and my fiancée. We play everything together, to the point of no longer playing single player games, unless we're just that starved for it (like she plays tomb raider and sims 4 while I program or do web design work). I was so excited when DS game to switch, and then entirely disappointed that there was no multiplayer. We leave our $2500 gaming towers idle most of the time now. After sinking hundreds and hundreds of hours into DST on PC, I can only manage to clock a dozen or so on DS for switch because it's boring without a friend. We've sank thousands of hours into Diablo 3 on PC, and have already sank hundreds more into Diablo Eternal, even with its quirks, because we can play it anywhere with each other. We don't leave home without our switches, ever. 

I'd pay a full release price of $60 per console ($120) and I'd pay for bonus content. Totally worth it. Don't think the switch is powerful enough to run a server? Then let us join servers. I have a PC. We can make dedicated servers ourselves. Any multiplayer on the switch would be appreciated. Just give the switch multiplayer crowd SOMETHING. 

not arguing at all.

But that's the thing, something is going to have to cost money if we want the devs to continue to add free content to the game. Skins isn't generating enough revenue based on previous events, so they're trying something else. They didn't want to split the playerbase between 'has biome DLC' and 'doesn't have biome DLC', so it's characters taht are locked

they already provide us with so much free stuff, free characters, free skin drops, spools to weave things you normally have to buy, what else are they supposed to do to try and generate some income so that they can keep developing the game?

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

*looks at my 700+world that has content from Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast and soon Year of the Pig*

*eye begins to twitch*

I feel ya. My 2200+ day world will have to become a legacy world.  I'm gonna finish up the last big project in there, do YoTPK, and then hold off for a bit until we have a better idea of how the new content will be implemented. 

Who knows, maybe the new biomes won't be worth starting a totally new world. Only time will tell at this point. 

12 minutes ago, 7DollarWortox said:

@JoeW Question 14 for you, will DST transition to free-to-play? With all of these changes, I think it would honestly end up making more money. People find it harder to justify skin purchases for a game they already paid for. 

Just give every paying customer a Loyal or even Proof of Purchase (heh) or something like that. 

The game would grow hugely, especially during events or after updates, meaning MORE customers despite removing a fee.

$3.00 or 3.00€ per game on highest discount (Actually $5.99 for 2 games), isn't that already free enough? Just show some patience and buy it whenever it's on discount. Loyal skins are meant for the DS DLC (RoG, SW (and Ham maybe?)) owners and things like 'Free to play but only as Wilson' would hurt the community.

1 minute ago, ZippyLarou said:

Wait

I know that you need a bit of money to fund the projects klei

But with the ability to make mods won't people just make exact copies of these new players 

so they can play them without having to purchase :?

2 hours ago, xMEINEx said:

So then there's no point continuing my world? And every update will also have me make a new world? Guess megabasing is pointless now. That's a bummer. 

I wouldn't say that. It hurts a little bit now because it's about to happen and we're still engaged in our current world. If you were around for the Antlion update you remember that choice between the Oasis or your current world. Eventually we all moved over and came to love our new worlds even more than the last. I suspect the same feelings will emerge this go around but the end result will be worth it. And in 2 more years we'll do it all over again. 

I'll be honest, as cool as this is, I'd much rather you worked on a sequal that doesn't have all the incompatablities between single player Vanilla/expansions and multiplayer.

I'd like to be able to start a world single player with the eqivalent of vanilla biomes, have my friends drop in and out from any platform and once we feel ready add the biomes and other changes that come in expansions.

Also, please bring a DS/ROG/SW/H/DST bundle or my imaginary sequel to Switch.

I don't think people have mentioned not only was Hamlet given away but so was Hot Lava to beta players. So DSt being popular is what will really help Klei fund their employees for their projects. Also hyped for Griftlands and whatever @AnimatedErica is planning.:wilson_smile:

Klei really has big plans for both single and DST. Can't believe both games are having a year of the pig event. Can't wait for the game to have Green Tea.

2 hours ago, Frodeur said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG

Loosing my 12K day world hurt me 

Oof... well 400 days aren't such a big thing to lose... ( except my frikking ton of gifts and panflutes cause krampus and winter feast ah ah ah no :( )

23 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

2 more years we'll do it all over again. 

klei stop pumping so good content that we lose our worlds :)

Archived