minespatch

Bring back the grunting and exhasperated sounds during movement

minespatch    42,215

I finally checked out @DragonMage156's status where she posted the ign preview of Basement back in 2017. Something about the added touches of grunts added a interactivity that the silence mutes. Bringing back those noises will help the game connect with the player in my opinion.

DragonMage156    21,825

Video incase anyone is interested:

Spoiler

It doesn't personally bother me. Sounds kinda weird as well but maybe it's cos it was early access.

• Thanks 1

minespatch    42,215
13 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

It doesn't personally bother me.

Same, I think the silence actually adds a distance from the player. The grunts actually show weight to the player's actions. Hence my suggestion.

GiacomoF    5

Minespatch, I could not agree more with you! They help a lot with immersion and world building.

We have plans of bringing character vocalizations back but at present I cannot say when exactly. Don't expect them before official release later this year though. We want to rework them from the ground up and make them as awesome as we can!

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you are enjoying the game nonetheless :) 

Giacomo

• Thanks 1

DragonMage156    21,825

Didn't know they were reworking Hot Lava characters as well. And an official release sounds exciting (probably with the basement levels and more lore).

No idea when Mutant Mayhem will be added though.

GiacomoF    5

Sorry, maybe I made myself unclear. I am specifically talking about reworking the grunt sounds from the ground up. We are NOT planning on reworking the characters themselves :) sorry for the confusion!