Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

spiffyzha

Scrolling Through Crafting Tabs Doesn't Work

spiffyzha    2

Category:  gameplay.

Platform:  Mac.

Version number:  Rev. 303804

Issue Title:  Can't scroll through crafting tabs with scroll wheel.

Steps to reproduce:  Load up a game, click on a crafting tab, try to scroll up/down using a mouse wheel or the trackpad's continuous scrolling feature.

Description:  I like to use the mouse's scroll wheel, and sometimes the trackpad's two-finger scroll feature, to look through the craftable items within a crafting tab.  As of today's update, this no longer works, and I apparently have to manually click the up/down buttons repeatedly with my mouse pointer to see crafting options that aren't immediately visible.  It's super slow as an interface, and honestly it's kind-of driving me crazy. 

I'm *so* hoping this is a bug (that will therefore presumably be fixed at some point) rather than a new "feature."

bizziboi    1,412

It's not a feature, and we're puzzled why this happens to some players as we're unable to reproduce it - it was actually changed to make scrollwheel scrolling faster.

Could you try verifying the game files?

spiffyzha    2

I've now verified my game files.  The problem persists. 

Since you've confirmed that it is a bug and you can't reproduce it, I'm also attaching my log.txt file, in hopes that you'll find it useful. 

log.txt

bizziboi    1,412

Thanks, and yes, that was very helpful.

I have a pretty good idea where to look now.

bizziboi    1,412

I believe I have this fixed locally but need to confirm. A patch will go out later today or early tomorrow.