QOL Upgrade Mk 2 Delay

Communicating with players = CHECK

Explaining whats up with game progress = CHECK

Releasing stuff when its ready not when "shareholders" say it is = CHECK

At the end getting polished updates/game even in early access = CHECK

I think you are starting 2019 in a very good way guys so PLEASE dont change (maybe just do this to all other games ... looking at you Hot lava nad Griftlands

15 hours ago, JarrettM said:

The new plan is to open the testing branch on January 31st, and then release on February 19th.

Oooh, a nice birthday present to me!

15 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Sneeze.gif

That's clearly an animation you snagged from your files, and inserted into that screencap.

8 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

This is the crazy! No, not that the release is delayed, but because it will be on a Tuesday and not a Thursday. My world has been shattered! ;) 

soyousay.png.650c2efd9a8df22cf0f7ef326b429974.png

Klei is one of the best developing team out there. They've always been crystal clear on everything and always have been working their ass off to make awesome products. The least we could do is to wish they get back to their top feeling asap.

Thanks for the heads up and keep it up the good work.

10 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Oooh, a nice birthday present to me!

Wait you were born the same day as me? Or did you mean Jan 31st? I`ll wait for the live version anyway.

Anyway Astroneer was supposed to full release first week of february and i would have 2 things to try out in the same time. Now i got a few weeks difference and i`m ok with that. My time management is pretty bas so maybe now i will find time to do everything.

1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

Wait you were born the same day as me? Or did you mean Jan 31st? I`ll wait for the live version anyway.

Anyway Astroneer was supposed to full release first week of february and i would have 2 things to try out in the same time. Now i got a few weeks difference and i`m ok with that. My time management is pretty bas so maybe now i will find time to do everything.

January 31st.

6 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

I don't think you understand how software development works. :D

While I do agree that my understanding of it is limited, I think that compared to other preview branches this one should be relatively low in its total bug count because of the low amount of new content being added. I could be entirely wrong though.

Feel free to tell me why my thoughts on this are flawed though, I'm all ears.

3 hours ago, gary9996 said:

While I do agree that my understanding of it is limited, I think that compared to other preview branches this one should be relatively low in its total bug count because of the low amount of new content being added. I could be entirely wrong though.

While that seems like a reasonable assessment, the reality is bugs are introduced when code changes.  It doesn't really matter if the target of the code change is fixing other bugs or adding in new features.  In fact, one might argue that fixing bugs can actually be more prone to adding new bugs since the specific code itself might be more complicated (hence, having the bug in the first place).  

With that said, I believe Gurgel, along with myself, are referring to the testing preview branch itself.  Hopefully in a few weeks when qol2 goes live, there will be fewer bugs than we currently have in game.  However I expect we'll find lots of bugs initially while they work out the kinks in the preview.

BTW, I meant no offense and that was meant to be taken light-heartly coming from someone who works as a software developer. :D

Just now, Nitroturtle said:

While that seems like a reasonable accessment, the reality is bugs are introduced when code changes.  It doesn't really matter if the target of the code change is fixing other bugs or adding in new features.  In fact, one might argue that fixing bugs can actually be more prone to adding new bugs since the specific code itself might be more complicated (hence, having the bug in the first place).  

With that said, I believe Gurgel, along with myself, are referring to the testing preview branch itself.  Hopefully in a few weeks when qol2 goes live, there will be fewer bugs than we currently have in game.  However I expect we'll find lots of bugs initially while they work out the kinks in the preview.

I see, thank you for taking the time to respond so thoroughly. I see how this could introduce more bugs since all the fixes could cause problems in other places.

Just got to my first real base, first time reaching space, second time reaching oil, first time reaching Magma.....

first time capturing Slicksters because I managed to nab 3 eggs (potentially a fourth) at that point in their life cycle, and moved them into a new habitat in a cooler environment.....

So of course the next update is coming out now. I don't *have* to try it, but I'm probably gonna. Make up a new base now that I *think* I've broken my "this starting location is not 100% ideal, generate new map x25" thing.

Still, I'm kinda excigted to try the new thing.

All I've got to do in the next 24 hours is get to space properly, get petroleum set up properly, go to space, and get 1 of every species of critter. species, not kind/morph.

2 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

While that seems like a reasonable accessment, the reality is bugs are introduced when code changes.

99 bugs in the code on the wall, 99 bugs in the code.  Take one down, patch it around, 117 bugs in the code on the wall.

Archived