Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For some reason I can't seem to brush beefalo either with a controller or using the mouse and keyboard. The only option that comes up is to attack. Are there some conditions that must be meet before you're able to brush a beefalo?

Note: I have ridden and fed the beefalo for a number of days so far

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beefalo must be atleast partially tame in order for you to be able to brush it, try feeding it with something like light bulbs or grass before brushing (be aware that light bulbs will only tame it for 0.05 of a day, which is the equivalent of few seconds) or removing its saddle, if it has any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Black_Mage said:

Beefalo must be atleast partially tame in order for you to be able to brush it, try feeding it with something like light bulbs or grass before brushing (be aware that light bulbs will only tame it for 0.05 of a day, which is the equivalent of few seconds) or removing its saddle, if it has any.

It was domesticated enough to have a change in appearance (the Rider Beefalo), and I was feeding it 2-3 Dragon Fruit Pies a day. Surely that is enough to be considered partially tame? Can you only brush it when it isn't wearing a saddle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

It was domesticated enough to have a change in appearance (the Rider Beefalo), and I was feeding it 2-3 Dragon Fruit Pies a day. Surely that is enough to be considered partially tame? Can you only brush it when it isn't wearing a saddle?

The saddle equipped might be probably what is stopping you from brushing it, as I have never saw a tendency stop you from brushing them, however, I have never tried brushing a Beefalo with a saddle on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2019 at 2:20 AM, Black_Mage said:

The saddle equipped might be probably what is stopping you from brushing it, as I have never saw a tendency stop you from brushing them, however, I have never tried brushing a Beefalo with a saddle on.

Unfortunately I tried removing the saddle and it still doesn't seem to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After investigating further, it seems that the problem was caused by the Combined Status mod. I'm not sure why a mod that displays your stats as numbers would interfere with brushing a Beefalo, but I guess that's the case haha.

Edit: I talked to the mod maker, and apparently it wasn't the mod itself. Simply the act of exiting the game, turning the mod on/off, and then rejoining the game was what was causing the Beefalo to because brushable or not. Supposedly there is a bug that occurs when loading a save that can toggle whether or not a Beefalo is brushable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...