I know there is an official bug tracker but I figured I would list some of the bugs I have been encountering as well as some bugs I have seen other people mention since the Q.O.L. update. I am doing this so I don't have to report each bug individually or have to randomly comment on another thread. My hopes is this will help Klei figure out how to best deal with the bugs and other people may feel free to contribute if I missed anything. 

• Tumbleweeds disappear upon hitting the edge of the map
  • Beefalo can travel to Shipwrecked and through wormholes which causes major issues (I wont include individual bugs that world hopping can cause because that will take forever). 
  • Beefalo will not allow player to mount it unless you feed it at least one piece of grass. 
  • Making a board as Warbucks can crash the game
  • Some boss music seems to be missing/not working correctly
  • Bundling Chester's eyebone will cause chester to stop following you.
  • Some Shipwrecked clothes items along with the Machete are available to craft in R.O.G.
  • Using the brush on a Beefalo doesn't give you any wool.
  • Making a Hamlet world Large in the world options just generates a never ending loading screen. 
  • Peekos can spawn and climb down chopped down Tea Trees
  • Some dark spots appear on the left hand side of the screen when the fog effect occurs during Humid Season.
  • The loading music can sometimes continue into the actual start of the game (it goes away eventually but still annoying).
  • Burning a cocooned tree will leave the webbing on the floor. It'll also have an invisible stump that prevents building of structures and prevents you from walking through it, but can't be dug up.
  • Burchnuts bounce when planted.
  • birds stop spawning after first Zound wave.
  • Working music only plays the first time you craft an item and then never plays again unless you relog. 
  • Divining rod only sounds once and then remains quiet while still showing its effects without sound. 
  • Jumped to Shipwrecked at the end of lush season in Hamlet, ended up in dry season but without eruptions and Alter was dormant and was not open to sacrifices of any kind. 
  • As of last patch the crockpot crashes the game.

Hopefully this is helpful, let me know if I missed anything. 

Just now, Computer-7 said:

Might be there and I missed it beefalo don't take damage for you and you take it instead which should only happen from projectiles

and walls/fences block projectiles such as blunderbuss bullets

It's there, I tried to find every single bug I have seen mentioned in the hopes that it will help Klei out. 

You shouldn’t be able to bundle the eyebone at all. You can’t in DST.

I’ve experienced the shift-click inventory bug. (Items disappearing instead of moving from backpack to icebox.) 

i watched a streamer last night whose newly-made ROG world had no sinkholes. However, tumbleweeds disappearing when they reached the edge of the map did not happen and he even remarked that it had been “fixed,” so maybe this bug predates QoL?

28 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

However, tumbleweeds disappearing when they reached the edge of the map did not happen and he even remarked that it had been “fixed,” so maybe this bug predates QoL?

It did predate Q.O.L. but now it seems to still be a thing again, that's why I mentioned it. Just had it happen to me on a brand new world about 30 minutes ago. 

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hey guys. Thanks for compiling this list. We've got a patch coming out that covers a lot of these. The rest we'll keep going through. 

Thanks for everything!  I'm sorry for all the bugs that backfired after QoL. I'm pretty sure most of us are pretty grateful for what QoL did to the game (save from some mixed opinions on the new palettes, which i have yet to explore) and we're really thankful for your reliability when it comes to fixing them asap!

God bless y'all! 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

MasteroftheTDS, 

Is this one from you?

• Beefalo will not let me mount it, it just repeatedly makes an angry noise even after fully fed

I need some more info to repro it.

I think the problem might be that Beefalo specifically require grass in order to be mounted. You can give them 30 dragonpies, and they'll still refuse to let you ride.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:24 PM, Jason said:

MasteroftheTDS, 

Is this one from you?

• Beefalo will not let me mount it, it just repeatedly makes an angry noise even after fully fed

I need some more info to repro it.

Okay I am happy to help. 

14 hours ago, Field Field said:

I think the problem might be that Beefalo specifically require grass in order to be mounted. You can give them 30 dragonpies, and they'll still refuse to let you ride.

I am pretty sure this is what is happening as I fed my Beefalo dragon pies only. Didn't know it had to be grass in order to mount it. Is that a bug? @Jason

Also found some new bugs for you, I added them and removed the patched bugs. Sorry if I am adding more work for you guys, your hard work is appreciated and I love Don't Starve, I want to do whatever I can to help out.

17 hours ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

Okay I am happy to help. 

I am pretty sure this is what is happening as I fed my Beefalo dragon pies only. Didn't know it had to be grass in order to mount it. Is that a bug? @Jason

Also found some new bugs for you, I added them and removed the patched bugs. Sorry if I am adding more work for you guys, your hard work is appreciated and I love Don't Starve, I want to do whatever I can to help out.

beefalo's have 3 main stats for taming them domestication, obedience and tendency obedience is important for riding as you can only put a saddle on if it has 10 obedience and ridden if above 50 it constantly decreases and every food item its feed increases it by 10, but if its overfed it will decrease obedience by 30 and the first thing you feed a beefalo doesn't effect anything it only starts the taming so you probably either feed it to much or not enough you don't need grass to ride it but its useful to keep on you so you can keep obedience high.

39 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

beefalo's have 3 main stats for taming them domestication, obedience and tendency obedience is important for riding as you can only put a saddle on if it has 10 obedience and ridden if above 50 it constantly decreases and every food item its feed increases it by 10, but if its overfed it will decrease obedience by 30 and the first thing you feed a beefalo doesn't effect anything it only starts the taming so you probably either feed it to much or not enough you don't need grass to ride it but its useful to keep on you so you can keep obedience high.

That's how it works in DST, yes, but the QoL features aren't direct ports from DST. Beefalo do require grass specifically to be mounted in QoL.

1 minute ago, Field Field said:

That's how it works in DST, yes, but the QoL features aren't direct ports from DST. Beefalo do require grass specifically to be mounted in QoL.

You are wrong, actually. I used Dragon Fruits when I was testing the update out (I used console commands)

This one was here since the beginning, but I haven't seen anyone else talk about it.

Burning a cocooned tree will leave the webbing on the floor. It'll also have an invisible stump that prevents building of structures and prevents you from walking through it, but can't be dug up.

44 minutes ago, micpizazE said:

This one was here since the beginning, but I haven't seen anyone else talk about it.

Burning a cocooned tree will leave the webbing on the floor. It'll also have an invisible stump that prevents building of structures and prevents you from walking through it, but can't be dug up.

Thanks for letting us know about it! I'll add it to the list :)

Archived