Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

garbosenpai

Game Crashes When Near Beefalo?

garbosenpai    0

I don't have any mods added to the game, but since the Hamlet DLC Early Access came out I've been having issues where my game seems to crash out of nowhere. I've tried to observe when it happens and it appears that whenever I enter grassland and get close to beefalo the game crashes. Otherwise I can play the game without any issues. I don't know if maybe this has to do with the new beefalo items recently added, but it makes it unplayable to even get close to them. I don't know much about reading script, but I keep getting an LUA Error stack traceback that includes beefalo in the description. I've attached the bug here because I get an error even trying to report the bug to Klei. 

Bug.PNG

timhulio    0

I'm having the same problem. Was there an update to the base game overnight which added the ability to saddle beefalo? The new items were added to the tool menu. That's great, however the game crashes when near beefalo. Specifically, I think the game crashes because it can't find the beefalo snoring sound file when approaching sleeping beefalo at night.

IQI    0

Yep. Me too. So far they have been regularly leaving manure and grazing, the first interaction I tried with them on day 13 was to shave them when they fell asleep, but the game crashed, this happened twice in a row. I tried to shave them when they were awake, I got the same error message and for some reason I couldn't even send in a bug report. 

Glag    0

I have found that it crashes specifically when I attempt to shave them. I've duplicated the crash a couple times, and as said above the in-game bug submission isn't working.2019-01-11.thumb.png.45867f5af5ae9609cf7c7d415421de48.png

Deiros    0

aaahhh, good to see this. yes, the same crash occured to me, too. well, let's hope this is fixed as quick as the other bug from a while ago ;) however, I noted certain sound effects starting to "stutter", especially that of the beefaloos and bees...

I have a similar issue, I thought it had something to do with the savanna because it would crash whenever I walked over there, but I think it is a beefalo issue as well.

dontstarve bug.jpg

AuronIII    0

I have the same error. I was fighting spiders in the savannah and hunting rabbits, with several buffaloes nearby. It has already happened twice.