8poundgorilla

Crash - QOL Update: Beefalo Proximity Crash

The bug reporting tool on my client keeps responding with "There was an error uploading your files," so I'll report here.

Just being in the proximity of beefalo appears to be crashing the game. This started today after the QOL patch. 

1) I have a few Steam Workshop mod subscriptions, but I have tested them in an existing play through with all the mods disabled

2) I have NOT tested this with a clean game

3) The exception is arbitrary within relative proximity to beefalo to the extent that it can happen before the sprites even come into view or it can happen after 30-60 seconds of meandering through herds.

4) I only have ROG installed.

The stack:

[00:02:38]: scripts/mainfunctions.lua(937,1) ...n/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:586: attempt to call method 'ApplyBuildOverrides' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    D:/Games/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:586 in (field) onenter (Lua) <574-587>
    D:/Games/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:431 in (method) GoToState (Lua) <390-441>
    D:/Games/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:566 in () ? (Lua) <566-566>
    =(tail call):-1 in ()  (tail) <-1--1>
    D:/Games/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:374 in (method) HandleEvents (Lua) <369-384>
    D:/Games/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:145 in (method) Update (Lua) <107-148>
    D:/Games/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua:178 in () ? (Lua) <90-191>

I'll be out for the night, so if there is any additional info required it will have to wait until morning.

Cheers

Rozenritter    0

I have a similar issue. The game crashes on leftclicking a beefalo with a razor. First I thought it had something to do with mods, but tested it on a clear game and it continued to behave the same way. I have all the DLC and the world is ROG(SW comatable).

Скриншот 2019-01-11 13.46.06.png

ianlewis    0

I get this and some other errors too.  This one happens most reliably for me right now. I suspect they are different manifestations of the same issue

[00:01:15]: scripts/mainfunctions.lua(936,1) LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        D:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(936,1)    
[00:01:15]: scripts/mainfunctions.lua(937,1) ...n/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:714: calling 'PlaySound' on bad self (string expected, got nil)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    =[C]:-1 in (method) PlaySound (C) <-1--1>
    D:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:714 in (field) fn (Lua) <714-714>
    D:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:492 in (method) UpdateState (Lua) <460-504>
    D:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:531 in (method) Update (Lua) <523-551>
    D:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:124 in (method) Update (Lua) <107-148>
    D:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua:178 in () ? (Lua) <90-191>

Dukky    0

Same here, cannot play game because of this. What's up?

- have tried restarting

- logging in from steam

- happens consistently

- cannot send bug report, always an error at sending

Help? 

bizziboi    668

Thanks for the reports - both issues should be addressed in the upcoming patch.

(and the bugreporter should be working again as of now)

• Like 1

sivistojko    0

Even after the 303169  update, the LUA crashes trigered by beefalos related content are still happening to me. My game is RoG, connected to Hamlet. Even though my game has nothing to do with Hamlet dlc (as I understand, the connection is only about mods), now I can't tun the game if I disable the dlc.

So my question is, can i somehow rollback the updates before the qol update until this gets fixed? Problem is that my gaming time is very limited, so I would like to play now as opposed to wait for this to be fixed.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, sivistojko said:

Even after the 303169  update, the LUA crashes trigered by beefalos related content are still happening to me. My game is RoG, connected to Hamlet. Even though my game has nothing to do with Hamlet dlc (as I understand, the connection is only about mods), now I can't tun the game if I disable the dlc.

So my question is, can i somehow rollback the updates before the qol update until this gets fixed? Problem is that my gaming time is very limited, so I would like to play now as opposed to wait for this to be fixed.

Thank you.

This issue seems to be resolved for me (as well as different crash caused by the Ice Flingomatic). If you haven't already done so, you may want to try verifying your game files via Steam : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335