The Quality Of Life Update is Live!

Jason

23 minutes ago, Zhangarang said:

Not sure if this is posted somewhere. All the uniqe items from ROG, such as dragon fly scale, deerclopes eyeball, doesn't have their corresponding recipes. You can purchase them just with oincs but you can't do anything with it. 

maybe its like noob trap y buy but cant do anything with it until y travel to Rog there you can make these items. I just bought walrus tusk about 50 oinks i runed so happy back to base and there is no walking cane in dress tab :D

25 minutes ago, Bleksmits said:

maybe its like noob trap y buy but cant do anything with it until y travel to Rog there you can make these items. I just bought walrus tusk about 50 oinks i runed so happy back to base and there is no walking cane in dress tab :D

Don’t know how it is intended, but I like that you have to travel to another world to use most of the stuff. It also makes sense since it is the Oddities Shop

On 13/01/2019 at 4:18 PM, Field Field said:

Something to note about Hezel's criticisms is that, as far as I know, his only experience with DST is playing PvP and watching other people stream. We've been in a lot of the same communities for years now, and he's been repeating this opinion on bundling wraps for a long time without ever using them himself.

In DST, I've personally never used bundling wraps for anything except light bulbs and beefalo herd massacres. You are not forced to use bundling wraps just because they exist.

Late answer, but since you're bringing it up i've over 3000 hours in the solo game and 600 in the multiplayer game. I've a pretty good understanding of both games, especially considering the differences are very minor when it comes to anything remotely related to survival.

I've been repeating this opinion and i'll clarify if it's necessary. I think bundling wraps are a bad game mechanic that add more work to an already absurdly grindy game. I don't need to have used them extensively to know that i'm already drowning in food in both games; there is never a need for them quite literally ever. I agree that the lightbulb farm is tiresome and needed something to alleviate that grind; i believe it's a problem that should be dealt with separately.

You are wrong in thinking that because design flaws can be ignored, they souldn't be criticized on account of being flaws.

I hope you had your 2 minutes of fun posting just to call me out specifically without adding **** other than "hurr hurr don't use it"

I only keep 1 or 2 Bundling Wraps around. Whenever I have an excess of Jerky or especially Coffee Beans that I know are gonna spoil, I just keep them in the wrap. I'll also use the spare one to preserve cups of Coffee on long trips, as they spoil pretty quickly.

While we're still on this topic, one time I put 30 Killer Bees into a Bundling Wrap to try and make a super Bee Mine and like 2 seasons later I forgot about it, opened it, and almost died.

Opening some old Bundling Wrap and having the game freeze for like a second then 30 Killer Bees flying out was one of the most terrifying DS experiences I've ever had.

8 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

While we're still on this topic, one time I put 30 Killer Bees into a Bundling Wrap to try and make a super Bee Mine and like 2 seasons later I forgot about it, opened it, and almost died.

Opening some old Bundling Wrap and having the game freeze for like a second then 30 Killer Bees flying out was one of the most terrifying DS experiences I've ever had.

Bundling wraps are practically the best when used to transfer multiple items across worlds, this way you can carry 4 items in a single inventory slot and transfer resources more efficiently.

same goes when using teleporto,

Archived