The Quality Of Life Update is Live!

Jason

38 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Thanks all - i will have to investigate. And this even happens without the quickdrop mod?

Yes, I turned off all my mods and this still happens. I believe it may have something to do with the bundling wraps as when I shift+click something into or out of the bundling wrap it usually just disappears. I am not familiar with game coding but it would appear that the addition of bundling wrap seems to have messed with whatever code manages inventory transfer. I bundled up some cactus flesh and then shift+clicked my shovel and it disappeared. I figured it might have been transferred into the bundling wrap somehow so I opened it and found only cactus flesh. Then when I remade the bundling wrap and shift+clicked my cactus flesh into it my cactus flesh disappeared. It would seem whenever a player creates a new inventory ( for example a backpack, chest, bundling wrap or cork barrel) the game will then transfer any shift+clicked item in your current backpack or inventory into the last created inventory space.  Hopefully this makes sense and helps narrow down what might be causing the issue.  

• Developer
6 minutes ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

Hopefully this makes sense and helps narrow down what might be causing the issue. 

Thanks, I have a good idea where to look with the feedback. I am doing some investigating and hope to push out a fix for it asap (but it will be tomorrow.[Friday] at the earliest).

2 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Thanks, I have a good idea where to look with the feedback. I am doing some investigating and hope to push out a fix for it asap (but it will be tomorrow.[Friday] at the earliest).

Happy I could help and as long as it's being investigated (and hopefully eventually fixed) that is good enough for me. Thank you for being so responsive and working so diligently, I am sure it's not always easy but you should know that your work is appreciated :)

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Snip

Are you going to add this update for PS4 because it's for all DLC now 

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

It should be hard to get, since it’s so powerful. At first in DST, it was just a science-tier item, so you could get it from day one.

but since there are no beehives in Hamlet, either you have to make wax paper with something else or you have to go to SW/ROG

It would be odd, there are players who only own Hamlet, why should they buy another DLC, to get RoG / SW items while the craft object is in Hamlet?

8 hours ago, Jason said:

What's Next?

We would like to revisit Warbucks and Wilba. We think both characters could be improved so that they are more interesting to play outside of Hamlet. Watch for the new and improved Wilba and Warbucks as they try to stick to their new years resolutions to become better rounded on Feb 7th.

Make it that warbucks can craft oincs and upgrade oincs by using gold to craft oincs. 1 gold is 10 oincs. For wilba make it that she can befriend tribal pigs in ROG and when she's in sw or ROG she can transform into a werepig. She gains the same buffs like werebeaver and can use her inventory but loses alot of sanity and gets hungry really fast.wilba can also trigger this transformation by eating a monster lasagna outside if the full moon.

Can u make it that the mant warrior have a chance to drop bee wax or make a shop to sell bee wax. 

About beefalo taming would it be possible to make each dlc have their own version of mounting a wild beast? For example rog has beefalo taming like dst. Sw can have water beffalo that can be tame to drag your boat like a tug boat or tame it so u can melee on sea. For hamlet maybe have hippopotamoose be tamed for more of combat on land and sea. A tamed hippopotamoose can do a melee aoe groundpound to help kill off a swarm of rabid beetle, walls of bramble, investation of flytrap and etc. 

What is Wrong with this update?!

I can not return to my base at ANY Saves which i have - game all the time crashing. it not so matter if it connecting with hamlet or not. ALL Saves now crashing.

What the Hell Did you Do with game???

Does anybody know how to return to previous update?

9 minutes ago, Krestkz said:

What is Wrong with this update?!

I can not return to my base at ANY Saves which i have - game all the time crashing. it not so matter if it connecting with hamlet or not. ALL Saves now crashing.

What the Hell Did you Do with game???

Does anybody know how to return to previous update?

Now now, hold it mr. First, chill out and issue the bug report (preferably with a log from your game) and wait for a response. I know it may be irritating to have a game breaking bug like that, comes from the guy who couldn't load his game for like a week.  But remember this is early access, which means the game is gonna be kinda buggy for a lil' while. 

Hope i helped,  cheers!

9 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

Now now, hold it mr. First, chill out and issue the bug report (preferably with a log from your game) and wait for a response. I know it may be irritating to have a game breaking bug like that, comes from the guy who couldn't load his game for like a week.  But remember this is early access, which means the game is gonna be kinda buggy for a lil' while. 

Hope i helped,  cheers!

What are you talking about?! I can not return on my base in save which Never Even Connected with Hamlet. It is Shipwrecked save and never been connecting with any another dls

It was suppose to be QOL But it become Quality of **** in turn.

All 3 games which never been connected with hamlet Now are not Working.

in hamlet saves Everything Just disappear from shelfs in my house... including stuff from queen (key, hammer)

Klei you that does not give rest to the glory of Bethesda which released the most buggy game in history, or you just want to become part of it?

11 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

In order to craft bundling wrap you MUST travel via the Skyworthy. Beeswax is only available in RoG/SW and the blueprint is only available in Ham.

What do you mean? Is beeswax appearing only in RoG/SW's crafting menu? If you mean that there's no honey in Hamlet then you are wrong. Find honey chest in manthill and place nectar in it, wait a little and it gets converted into honey.

6 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Beeswax is made from honeycomb, not honey, and there are no beehives in Hamlet, therefore no honeycomb.

Whoops
-----
Bundling wraps? I kinda don't actually like their addition. They take away all the planning and stuff, you can just cook a lot of food and keep it forever. I guess it worked in DST where there are many bosses that require you to prepair lots of healing food and there generally are many mouths to feed.

There's a thread @lakhnish started some time ago, it lists nearly every possible difference between DST and DS that could arrive in QoL update (it was made before the update). @Jason if you missed it then it's a good read C: Of course I get that not all the things are being ported, that's good, but I feel like you missed important ones, like flingomatic's range being shown while placing stuff and something I really want, which is walls becoming immune to earthquakes.

I'm putting the update on halt and looking forward to quick fixes and possibly new additions! 

Silly me, forgot to link the thread:

12 hours ago players were hyped about the incoming QoL update, but the last 11 hours I heard players mostly complaining about the QoL Update.

Maybe Klei should announce the updates & release a beta update 24 hours (to get rid of the biggest kind of bugs) before releasing the real update?

11 hours ago, MWY said:

also don't forget about Woodlegs!

he needs to be improved as lack of sailing in other dlcs make him useless

Maybe giving him the ability to craft oinc out of dubblons

I would love it if klei give players and streamer the chance to beta test future updates like how minecraft and the 7 days to die devs do to their communities

5 minutes ago, Cryingsin21 said:

Maybe giving him the ability to craft oinc out of dubblons

Give Woodlegs an rideable Ostrich, equipped with a machete (long & sharp nose) to run across the ruins quickly; needs to be fed with fish, else it will just run away. Could fit for his pains about solid ground.

Besides that he might get a bonus for taming Beefalo or other kind of mountable animals to get rid of his insanity faster.

1 hour ago, Krestkz said:

Klei you that does not give rest to the glory of Bethesda which released the most buggy game in history, or you just want to become part of

Wow, Google Translate has really outdone itself this time! "The glory of Bethesda"???

46 minutes ago, Maslak said:

What do you mean? Is beeswax appearing only in RoG/SW's crafting menu? If you mean that there's no honey in Hamlet then you are

Beeswax is made from honeycomb, not honey, and there are no beehives in Hamlet, therefore no honeycomb.

27 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

12 hours ago players were hyped about the incoming QoL update, but the last 11 hours I heard players mostly complaining about the QoL Update.

Maybe Klei should announce the updates & release a beta update 24 hours (to get rid of the biggest kind of bugs) before releasing the real update?

I was hyped for it because when new updates are released new stuffs added to the files also because some small things

6 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Of course, you're right. Sorry, brainfart on my side :S

And yeah, you can clearly tell the update was not tested at all, looking how pretty much anything RoG crashes the game :C And just yesterday I said how I want Klei to win the steam award :D

5 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Of course, you're right. Sorry, brainfart on my side :S

And yeah, you can clearly tell the update was not tested at all, looking how pretty much anything RoG crashes the game :C And just yesterday I said how I want Klei to win the steam award :D

Obviously they did test it, or they wouldn't have delayed the release, but also obviously there are huge underlying technical challenges to adding most of this stuff that aren't so visible to us, which is something they've been saying all along. At one point the devs said that they basically had to rewrite the game from the ground up in making the multiplayer version and that's why stuff like fences and gates were very difficult to add to single player. DST might look just like ROG but it's very different under the hood. Klei has release early-access versions with plenty of bugs before, but nothing like this. 

15 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Give Woodlegs an rideable Ostrich, equipped with a machete (long & sharp nose) to run across the ruins quickly; needs to be fed with fish, else it will just run away. Could fit for his pains about solid ground.

Besides that he might get a bonus for taming Beefalo or other kind of mountable animals to get rid of his insanity faster.

Maybe he starts with a egg he can hatch that he can tame

Archived