The ULTIMATE Q&A DST

Some more questions for you guys to enjoy answering:

- How do I beat Fuelweaver? Are there any prerequisite items which make the fight easier? Or can external influence like Tentacles/Lureplants slaughter him with ease?

- Aside from Tentacle fields, how does one take down Bee Queen?

- Lastly, is it better to tank Antlion or kite it?

8 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

With a bunnyman army. For me 25 used to be enough :D 

Also, the "intended" way: usually 3-4 people with bee hats can kill her if well prepaired. You could also use gunpowder, just careful not to burn the loot. Abigail can be a nice aid with her AoE agains the grumble bees.

12 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Personally I think it's better to kite, at least if you solo, needs less healing and armor. It's a big complicated between all those spikes, but can be done. Tbh it's been a long time since I killed it with a group, but I could imagine that it's easier just to tank if there are at least 3 players. Then the fight would be over pretty fast.

3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I know 2 strategy that doesn't involve either minions or tentacle and that can be done solo. Also bare in mind that both of these method require alot of armor and healing since you cant entirely rely on kiting since Bee Queen slow you down with her honey trail.

There is the French Tomahawk method (not sure if he is the one who created it but he sure is the one who popularised it). So you need to build a straight wall of around 32-36 walls that start from the border the closest to the hive. It is imperative that you leave a gap in the wall on the border side it of it so you can go through it but not the grumble bee. Not that everthing is prepare you can start the fight. What you do is attack Bee Queen until the grumble bee catches you then go through the gap so they will have to fly all around the wall to get to you again. Bee Queen will fly through it leaving her alone. Rince and repeat and she's dead. Some people consider this strategy to be cheesy or exploit so its up to you if you want to do it. I never did this strategy myself since I prefer the other one but it is a very popular one so people usually perfer this one over the Overtime one.

The second strategy is the only one that I know of that is considered 100% legit, can be done solo and doesn't require wall or any fancy stuff like that. This one was created by Overtime so credit goes to him. So this strategy rely on the fact that Bee Queen is faster than the grumble bee. Item wise with Wolfgang use 3 dark sword, 5 beekeeper hat, 25 pierogi, walking cane and a magiluminescense can help for phase 3 and when its night vut isn't necessary. If you play with any other adjust the amount of item depending on which character you are playing. Phase 1 you kill all the grumble bee except ont that you must keep alive then face tank Bee Queen until phase 2. Phase 2 is the hardest and longest one with this strategy. What you need to do is separate Bee Queen from her grumble bee just by let them following you since she is faster than her minion she will be open for a few hit when the grumble bee reach up stop attacking and separate them again do this until phase 3. Phase 3 is easy Bee Queen will screech making her minion very fast. Use that at you advantage by luring them far from Bee Queen when their speed buff worn out rush to Bee Queen as fast as possible to land as many hit as possible when the grumble catches you up stop wait until she screech again lure them far from her go attack her rince and repeat until she dies.

If you want to see how its done YouTube is full of video of these strategy.

23 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

- How do I beat Fuelweaver? Are there any prerequisite items which make the fight easier? Or can external influence like Tentacles/Lureplants slaughter him with ease?

Yes, you will need some items first.

If you go melee you will need armors and heals. If you go ranged (blow darts) you don't need that much healing/armor. Either way, you will need Nightmare Amulet, so you can get his shield off.

Going melee: If you  are e beginner go with Life Giving Amulet. I used to die a lot. Then Healing Salve/Honey Poultice and throw Jelly Beans in too.

Maybe some Pierogi/Trail Mix/Jerky/Dragon Fruit Pie.

As for sanity, Bee Queen Crown should be the best armor, since it negates the sanity loss from the fight. Otherwise I would pack some Coocked Green Caps/Taffy.

Next you will need to have a Lazy Explorer ready for his Bone Cage. Also you will make use of a Weather Pain to get rid of his little buggers that heal him. Or you can just attack them with the Lazy Explorer, since they have 1 HP.

Lastly you should use the best Melee Weapon (Dark Sword)

You won't need light, but the fight might be more difficult if you do it when it rains.

Don't forget about the Heart and Fossils and maybe a Hammer if you don't carry rocks around.

As a Wicker main, I don't know how else you could do it. Used to use bunnymen and Blow Darts when playing Maxwell.

As fimmatek mentioned, kite when you are solo and tank when you are more than 2. I just bring 25 Gunpowder and then tank him.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:35 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Is Wolfgang speed multiplier when mighty +0.25 faster regardless of hunger level as long as he is mighty, or does it start barely faster and scale up to 0.25 only when at 300 hunger, like the damage or max hp?

According to wiki: "His maximum Health will go from the regular 200 up to 300 depending on Hunger. He will receive a damage bonus between 1.25x and 2x and he will also receive up to a 25% speed boost." It's probably as you suspected, full bonus at max hunger, less when not full.

Archived