New Year Resolutions (2019)

DragonMage156

Nothing like starting the new year with a 2019 goal list aye? Well feel free to add your own list, as big or as small your goals might be.

My most important goals for this year: Open Blender and experiment with 3D animation and modelling, finish my Don't Starve Ori mod, do more art and comics.

Less important goals: Start on my gaming backlog, start buying/collecting merch (Don't Starve, Funkos, To the Moon music box?)

(-b ' ')-b

16 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Open Blender and experiment with 3D animation and modelling,

Ooh, nice, do you have any ideas as to what you'd like to model in the future?

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

get Assassination classroom vol2

A modest quest indeed. This series is pretty popular, is it difficult to get a hold of or is it just something you keep putting off?

Personal goals:

(I tend to make these whenever they cross my mind, but now is as good a time as ever to list them.)

Spoiler

- Git gud (continuous)

- Develop worldbuilding less passively/actually start doing research and writing things down properly.

- Read more books. A little bit before bed as frequently as possible.

- Listen to more audiobooks and podcasts while working. L  E  A  R  N

- Apply to Sheridan's very competitive animation program.

- Use colour more, at least digitally.

- Finding the proper balance between quantity and quality (continuous).

- Fill more sketchbooks (try more mediums, tape random paper 'n stuff into sketchbooks, draw from life, try to make the drawings count).

- Comment more on people's posts, here and elsewhere.

- Find true efficiency (continuous).

- Talk to people in the real world sometimes (the most difficult challenge of all).

- Draw at least one fully coloured comic page of something. Anything, really.

- Try to find the proper balance of fanart/original art. Diversify my portfolio.

- Wean myself off my sugar addiction at least a bit.

- Be less materialistic. Not minimalist, but trying to not buy things just because (This probably includes books, I'm reluctant to admit).

- Learn to do some basic sewing. Self-tailoring!

- Speaking of tailoring, do something about that vintage grey wool military coat that is way to large for you. It's too cool to sit in a closet forever.

- Only buy clothes I'm 100% sure that I like and will wear. It doesn't matter that a thrifted shirt fits well if it's a terrible colour.

- Settling for an aesthetic might help with that.

- Be less of a dreamer and more of a doer (continuous)

...most of these are ongoing from long ago, and I haven't made a lot of progress.

6 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

- Find true efficiency (continuous).

- Be less of a dreamer and more of a doer (continuous)

Oh same. I probably should have added "work on my time management"

Ooh, nice, do you have any ideas as to what you'd like to model in the future?

My characters, dragons and creatures. To start off though, I'm thinking of making a blob character... promptly called Blobby.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:25 PM, ResettePlayer said:

. This series is pretty popular, is it difficult to get a hold of or is it just something you keep putting off?

First of all, there's no bookstore in walking distance, if I had a car, I could probably order Assassination Classroom and other books.

Second, Amazon takes a long time to get the books(which is the cheaper solution).

Third, most of my money goes to my father. We're both tight on cash at the moment. Since I got fired, we're really tight right now.

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

First of all, there's no bookstore in walking distance, if I had a car, I could probably order Assassination Classroom and other books.

Second, Amazon takes a long time to get the books(which is the cheaper solution).

Third, most of my money goes to my father. We're both tight on cash at the moment. Since I got fired, we're really tight right now.

Oh no! I'm sorry you're going through that right now. Hopefully things improve in the future AND you get a new book or two. Good luck to both of you.

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Oh no! I'm sorry you're going through that right now. Hopefully things improve in the future AND you get a new book or two. Good luck to both of you.

With the sale of my uncle's house going through, I might get my resolution to meet my family soon if this sale goes smoothly through. We also have to be careful about California. They've managed to tax us even out in North Carolina, so my father and his brother are trying to figure out how to do this smoothly without California taking a big cut. If things turn out well, my father will be able to pay off the land taxes he missed out during the time he was in the hospital.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Oh my god, I had no idea that happened!! 0_0I'm so sorry!

My father figured it was going to inevitable with my anxiety and my boss's patience running thin. I still help my ex-boss but it's not daily like it used to. So I currently help his wife out and we're still friends. It's just that I was a bad fit for the job.

43 minutes ago, minespatch said:

My father figured it was going to inevitable with my anxiety and my boss's patience running thin. I still help my ex-boss but it's not daily like it used to. So I currently help his wife out and we're still friends. It's just that I was a bad fit for the job.

Well I hope things get better ^^;

On 1/15/2019 at 6:03 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Good luck to both of you.

Looks like luck is coming me and father's way. We just got a ton of money for the sale of my grandfather's house. I'm going to miss that house. Disney animators did a painted story of Ferdinand the Bull on the ceiling in that place. I used to play so much Dead or Alive 2 with my uncle in that place. As well as the giant Christmas tree with pink tinsel. Man, the memories of that place.:wilson_cry:

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

Looks like luck is coming me and father's way. We just got a ton of money for the sale of my grandfather's house. I'm going to miss that house. Disney animators did a painted story of Ferdinand the Bull on the ceiling in that place. I used to play so much Dead or Alive 2 with my uncle in that place. As well as the giant Christmas tree with pink tinsel. Man, the memories of that place.:wilson_cry:

Yeah, I know that feeling. The trailer park my grandparents used to live in was home to some of my fondest childhood summer memories, and I can never go back. The same will happen to my parent's house sooner or later, and that's the only house I remember living in. I try to be glad that I have those experiences and memories at all, and let them go. It's far more painful to hold on, though you can never truly stop missing them.

Glad to see that your past home is helping you out in a way now, and hopefully that money will go far into getting you and your family into a more stable place in life.

9 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

your past home

nononononnonono- Grandparents place. Not my home. The government in Temecula, California threw money at my family and turned my old home into rubble.:wilson_ecstatic:

This house is in Los Angeles.

The whole situation makes me think of that one scene in the anime Clannad when the protagonist went to see his old home only to see it's not htere anymore.

Father and me are really excited. We just got a new credit card and are finally able to pay off debts.:wilson_dorky:

Archived