Sign in to follow this  
LockedSpider

Eyes clip through characters front hair

Recommended Posts

Hello! I need a bit of help with the front hair on my character.

While I was working on a DST modded character I ran into a bit of a snag, the front hair was normal till I moved and the eyes popped in-front of it, same happens with most other actions.

I'm assuming its being caused by the poor programming of the template character i'm using (I'm pretty sure you know which one its the most common one used) but I was wondering if I could get some assistance with this problem, I can post a .zip of my character if needed.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is the new Wendy skin for Halloween has hair going over the eyes, so there is a way

I wish I could just not use it but with the way my character looks and with how much I've drawn I don't think there's any turning back unless I want to rework a whole bunch

6 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

the hair front symbol is very broken in most animations, I would recommend not using it.

 

7 hours ago, icantevenname said:

I think it's just like that. Heck, the front hair doesn't move when the character is idle and going insane.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronHunter    377
8 hours ago, LockedSpider said:

One thing is the new Wendy skin for Halloween has hair going over the eyes, so there is a way

I wish I could just not use it but with the way my character looks and with how much I've drawn I don't think there's any turning back unless I want to rework a whole bunch

 

 

The symbol she is using is "swap_FACE" a new symbol added that seems to be klei's replacement for the broken Hair front.

It is also used by a wigfrid's deerclops costume skin. Unfortunately the esctemplate is outdated and doesn't have this symbol a long with arm_lower_cuff. But you can use the animation template instead as it has the symbols.

 

Edited by IronHunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, IronHunter said:

The symbol she is using is "swap_FACE" a new symbol added that seems to be klei's replacement for the broken Hair front.

It is also used by a wigfrid's deerclops costume skin. Unfortunately the esctemplate is outdated and doesn't have this symbol a long with arm_lower_cuff. But you can use the animation template instead as it has the symbols.

 

Thanks! now I just need to learn how to use this template, could I just replace my exported folder on the esctemplate with this newer one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronHunter    377

Do to different resolution size and pivot locations, you likely will have to manually copy your sprites over to the new .pngs. As straight copy pasting the symbol folders will likely result in errors.

You also will probably need to change certain code/text in the spriter file to match your templates one. Once you get more advanced and comfortable with opening the .scml with a text editor you can cleanly copy and paste and modify the build much more fluidly.

Edit:

Also a number of symbols are unneccessary for your character by default such as  swap_hat, swap_body, beard etc. It would be wise to delete them in the spriter file and any data pertaining to them. If not no ill effects should happen, but it might increase the filesize and definitly the compile time for your build for testing purposes.

Edited by IronHunter
See above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, IronHunter said:

Do to different resolution size and pivot locations, you likely will have to manually copy your sprites over to the new .pngs. As straight copy pasting the symbol folders will likely result in errors.

You also will probably need to change certain code/text in the spriter file to match your templates one. Once you get more advanced and comfortable with opening the .scml with a text editor you can cleanly copy and paste and modify the build much more fluidly.

Edit:

Also a number of symbols are unneccessary for your character by default such as  swap_hat, swap_body, beard etc. It would be wise to delete them in the spriter file and any data pertaining to them. If not no ill effects should happen, but it might increase the filesize and definitly the compile time for your build for testing purposes.

Thanks again, i'll get to work on fixing and testing, my original way I got around it was very... interesting to say the least, cut off the eyes where the hair covered and it kinda worked but there where major flaws in the actual animation, but atleast this gives
me a chance to re-draw and edit some stuff!


 Screenshot_84.png.be5c2534809d614ee17b6e53fb37543d.png

Edited by LockedSpider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this