ImpactedTooth

ImpactedTooth's Art Thread

minespatch    49,768

You could always press the report button on your locked thread so the mods can unlock them?

This is so crisp! I wouldn't be surprised if this was used as a book cover in Hot Lava(like the magical train book).

Have you ever thought about publishing a book with this art style?

• Like 1

ImpactedTooth    1,185
16 hours ago, minespatch said:

You could always press the report button on your locked thread so the mods can unlock them?

This is so crisp! I wouldn't be surprised if this was used as a book cover in Hot Lava(like the magical train book).

Have you ever thought about publishing a book with this art style?

Oh! I didn't know about that, I'll give it a try, thank you!

Thank you so much! I've never thought about doing that. I'd have no idea where to start with something like that besides amazon.

• Thanks 1

minespatch    49,768
On 12/31/2018 at 8:36 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

'd have no idea where to start with something like that besides amazon.

That's a start. Walmart also lets people publish books. I wouldn't suggest Ex-libris though. They haven't helped my father much with his novel.

• Thanks 1

minespatch    49,768

Only thing I think this needs is drywall/glass squares for the walls. Other than that, spot on!

• Like 1

ResettePlayer    3,154

You'll most likely need to take artistic liberties when translating a 2D environment into a 3D one. Which you already know, but that was just a preface to me pointing out that isolated couch. It sits there with no other accompanying couch or table or anything and it looks a bit out of place.

Maybe looking at photos of actual lobbies for offices, universities, etc might give you an idea of what might accompany that couch. I'm not sure when Gravitas was a thing, but some of the furniture and desktop computers suggest the late '80s maybe.

You're a bit far along to start looking at reference, I guess, but help out that lonely couch! You've got great things going on otherwise.

• Like 1

ImpactedTooth    1,185

Thank you both so much for the feedback!

The walls definitely could use some breaking up.

I do want to make it realistic so I will refocus on that and give that lonely couch some purpose!

• Like 1

DragonMage156    23,355

It looks really cool! Maybe one you finish it, you can combine ti with what @MF99K is working on (of those things could be combined).

Well either way, I love all the 3D projects of ONI anyway ^_^

MF99K    1,738

I could always give you some of the post processes I used to do the cell shading/other uassets even though they're kinda awful

ImpactedTooth    1,185
20 hours ago, minespatch said:

So... I'm guessing you were playing the new beta?

Yep! I really like the change in difficulty and that I have to use medical buildings now.

• Thanks 1

minespatch    49,768

I've been waiting for doctors for a long time but I'll wait until the update comes. Currently figuring out my groove before they change it again.:wilson_ecstatic:

ImpactedTooth    1,185

I see. Yeah, I was surprised but how much I changed my play style. It's good though as I used to rely on mealwood for far too long.

• Like 1

MF99K    1,738
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Who's the one stealing Burt's glitterpen?

i think its Ellie

• Like 1

ResettePlayer    3,154

Oh daaaaaaaang, love how this is turning out! Nice to see the introduction of a greater variety of textures. Keep us posted!

• Thanks 1

minespatch    49,768

The blue and sterile quality is giving me Invisible Inc vibes. I think you should balance with the color yellow due to the Gravitas logo having yellow.

• Like 3

DragonMage156    23,355

Are you gonna smooth out the giant statue? There's a way to do that in blender but I can't exactly remember how ^^;

ImpactedTooth    1,185
17 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Are you gonna smooth out the giant statue? There's a way to do that in blender but I can't exactly remember how ^^;

Oh yeah definitely! A lot of the models are roughs so I haven't bothered with smoothing groups at all yet. That one in particular I'm going to go hi-poly and make it look chiseled it in zBrush.

• Thanks 1