Year of the Pig speculations/ideas

12 hours ago, Tapirus said:

Maybe small groups of Forge/Gorge pigs working as explorers.

I Would really like to see more of the Gorge Pigs! though, i wouldn't mind a more original breed of pig. Maybe they could have their own pig king, perhaps in the other mosaic biome that is currently just a different-looking forest biome with less trees.

47 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

I Would really like to see more of the Gorge Pigs! though, i wouldn't mind a more original breed of pig. Maybe they could have their own pig king, perhaps in the other mosaic biome that is currently just a different-looking forest biome with less trees.

Yes, that's a good idea too.

Also, I'll explain more about my post:

The idea of "groups of explorers or small settlements" is to re-use the special pigs of events (perhaps with some new abilities) to add new things to the base game.

Characters like Pugna and Mumsy knows about portal stuff, so it's not very strange if a outsider is walking out there in Constant.

That wouldn't hurt the story and will encourage new players ("Hey, those pigs are different! Where they come from?") to play the nexts seasons of Forge/Gorge.

uhm maybe goats find to way to come our world and being second tribe ? because in gorge we know gnaw turns goats to merms and in normal world merms and pigs always in war so maybe we can see more merm or goats content with pigs

Pig mask will probably get added to DST - makes Pigs not aggressive towards Webber - good idea for the multiplayer where other may have chosen to camp near Pigmen.

Skins for Pig Houses.

Pig King is already a very important setpiece in the world - I don't think he will be changed much (since the content has to be permanent).

Maybe new setpieces with Warrior Pigmen - their AI would be changed to guard clumps of resources, and wouldn't attack you unless you steal them - just like in Hamlet.

That's all I got, honestly. New setpieces and more varied worldgen with optional BALANCED stuff is what I'd like to see for sure.

On 20/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, superlucas1231 said:

I would think it would be cool if there was a more smarter and tougher type of pigmen (like the ones in the Forge/Gorge) that were separate from the regular pigmen. 

Something along the lines of a new pigmen breed that randomly spawns in the world (or flat out replace the pigs near PK) that is more harder to deal with (kites, charge at players, heal when players aren't attacking him when HP is low, etc...), a bit of your idea (Craft items of their own; like the Spearaxes in Hamlet, slowly builds up the area, etc.), while still being optional to farm for the more experienced players.

I really like this idea, especially since the two events have featured pigs, especially the Forge, and it could be a neat way to tie them back into the world of the Constant escaping into their realm and influencing it on the Year of Pigs celebration.

It'd be a cool way to add depth into the world of DST through new mobs to fill in emptier or less utilized biomes, especially with how they might interact with original pigs - would they get along? Attack each other on sight? Form civilized society and offer new things to the player? Hamlet DST? It's exciting

Archived