Year of the Pig speculations/ideas

Most of yall probably know the deal by now. Something new is coming=thread where we share our ideas about it.

JoeW said that Year of the pig will be added as a permanent content so I'd doubt it's going to be like year of the gobbler and varg with, you know, shrines and things like that.

-Pigs Ai will be buffed so now pig farms will be a little bit harder to make. For example pigs will jump/climb past fences to get whatever is behind them etc

-Pigs will be able to harvest resources and store them in thier own inventory. For example grass, twiggs berries. Also pick up some items like flint, logs etc

-Pigs will be able to craft themselves items with these resources. Spears, armor, tools. 

-Pig society will now actually be a real danger to the players. Pigs will use axes to chop down nearby trees, pickaxes to mine nearby rocks etc. They'd year by year upgrade their sociaty.

-Possible more diversity in pigs. DIfferent skin tones, body/face hair. Some uniqe quotes. 

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Pigs Ai will be buffed so now pig farms will be a little bit harder to make. For example pigs will jump/climb past fences to get whatever is behind them etc

That would invalidate any kind of baiting farm regarding pigs and their only straight-up use would be through full-blown murder and/or "werepigging" via 4x monster meat. I would fancy this idea if it would be implemented into a 2-difficulty modes mechanic (as stated there, when player(s) do kill FW for the first time, world goes into 2nd stage, the difficulty-amped up one). Otherwise this will only totally destroy newbies and deter them from playing DST, even more than already does at present.

1 minute ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

baiting farm regarding pigs

3 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

this will only totally destroy newbies

Do we have the same definition of newbies?

On the other hand, making pigskin a resource you have to actively seek out  wouldn’t be as bad as you think. It adds a little more preparation for fights, yes, but it’s what us who don’t knock down all the pig houses do already. Poor piggies can’t live in the cold! 

6 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Do we have the same definition of newbies?

Basic premise is a higher AI for pigs. That would mean they in general are harder to handle as per OP wrote: "Pig society will now actually be a real danger to the players. Pigs will use axes to chop down nearby trees, pickaxes to mine nearby rocks etc. They'd year by year upgrade their sociaty." Not only you say b-bye to pig farms, a thing medium-and-higher players do, but even a simple hunger murder on behalf of a random newbie with an axe and grass suit most likely will mean their certain-110% death, as now a lone pig will have its own gear and advanced fighting technique while new player has their... guts and blaze of glory.

16 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Basic premise is a higher AI for pigs. That would mean they in general are harder to handle as per OP wrote: "Pig society will now actually be a real danger to the players. Pigs will use axes to chop down nearby trees, pickaxes to mine nearby rocks etc. They'd year by year upgrade their sociaty." Not only you say b-bye to pig farms, a thing medium-and-higher players do, but even a simple hunger murder on behalf of a random newbie with an axe and grass suit most likely will mean their certain-110% death, as now a lone pig will have its own gear and advanced fighting technique while new player has their... guts and blaze of glory.

Yeah, I was just talking about the things you quoted.

44 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

as now a lone pig will have its own gear

Pigs killing pigs to get Football Helmets, that might be a bit strange.

I'd like to see some mostly indestructible Pig Huts near the Pig King so players who can't wait to get a Pig Skin for their Football Helmet (actually 20 Pig Skins which get eaten by a single spider) won't be able to take all the pigs from the newbies who keep killing the few Pigs for nothing but meat.

Also Pigman and Bunnyman drops should become a bit more balanced. A single Bunnyman grants 0.75 meat + 2 carrots every day while a Pigman only grants a total of 0.1875 meat every day. The difference is way too high. Shouldn't Pigs be considered as the meat producers?

Ok so basically you all would complain cuz you wouldn't be able to just cheese 20 pig skin every 4 days.

And i don't know if any of you really understood what I meant by YEAR AFTER YEAR.

At first pigs'd be as stupid as they're now and maybe harvest some bushes that's it. After the 1st summer they'd start getting tools and other resaurces

Anyway this is just my suggestion 

59 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Ok so basically you all would complain cuz you wouldn't be able to just cheese 20 pig skin every 4 days.

And i don't know if any of you really understood what I meant by YEAR AFTER YEAR.

At first pigs'd be as stupid as they're now and maybe harvest some bushes that's it. After the 1st summer they'd start getting tools and other resaurces

Anyway this is just my suggestion 

I would just be mildly annoyed and transition to the wood armor and miner helmet

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

JoeW said that Year of the pig will be added as a permanent content so I'd doubt it's going to be like year of the gobbler and varg with, you know, shrines and things like that.

Pig shrine, or I will riot!

Seriously though, we need a pig shrine. Why would Klei break the tradition? I wouldn't mind if that weren't the biggest or best part of YotPK, but I need to expand my shrine collection! Also, what would we do with our lucky gold without a shrine?

5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Why would Klei break the tradition?

I mean as of now hamlet doesn't have uniqe treeguards or Totally Normal Tree or huntable creature or character that was previously unused.

It breaks a lot of tradition which I'm not happy with

Just now, YouKnowWho said:

Yeah so why are you complaining

Cuz I'm not happy that thay aren't present in early acces.

Anyway...

28 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Pig shrine, or I will riot!

What do you think it'll allow us to do with pigs/ craft what items?

Maybe we will be able to craft special offerning for Pig King and he'll actually do something else beside laying around.

18 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Cuz I'm not happy that thay aren't present in early acces.

Anyway...

Don’t you anyway me Mister. 

You're complaining about a broken tradition which hasn’t actually been broken yet. Besides, one can hardly call something like this tradition. Every Dlc has food in it, I’d hardly call that a tradition.

Also, the part about the year of the pig king being permanent content is incorrect. By “it will be replayable throughout the year” he meant that you could toggle it like all the other events in world generation. Permanent content is coming, but after the little celebration.

11 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Pigs will be able to harvest resources and store them in thier own inventory. For example grass, twiggs berries. Also pick up some items like flint, logs etc

-Pigs will be able to craft themselves items with these resources. Spears, armor, tools. 

-Pig society will now actually be a real danger to the players. Pigs will use axes to chop down nearby trees, pickaxes to mine nearby rocks etc. They'd year by year upgrade their sociaty.

Not really a huge fan of making a convenient resource of pig skins into a glorified monkey. 

I would think it would be cool if there was a more smarter and tougher type of pigmen (like the ones in the Forge/Gorge) that were separate from the regular pigmen. 

Something along the lines of a new pigmen breed that randomly spawns in the world (or flat out replace the pigs near PK) that is more harder to deal with (kites, charge at players, heal when players aren't attacking him when HP is low, etc...), a bit of your idea (Craft items of their own; like the Spearaxes in Hamlet, slowly builds up the area, etc.), while still being optional to farm for the more experienced players.

It would also be cool if they drop different items then normal pigs. Something like a "refined pig skin" that can be crafted into a more modern type of football helm, has 90% def, 500HP, and can be upgraded (like a catus helm that counters damage based on the monster's HP, or a barbed helm that boosts dmg; enough to make Wendy to deal normal damage, etc.) 

13 minutes ago, superlucas1231 said:

Not really a huge fan of making a convenient resource of pig skins into a glorified monkey. 

I would think it would be cool if there was a more smarter and tougher type of pigmen (like the ones in the Forge/Gorge) that were separate from the regular pigmen. 

Something along the lines of a new pigmen breed that randomly spawns in the world (or flat out replace the pigs near PK) that is more harder to deal with (kites, charge at players, heal when players aren't attacking him when HP is low, etc...), a bit of your idea (Craft items of their own; like the Spearaxes in Hamlet, slowly builds up the area, etc.), while still being optional to farm for the more experienced players.

It would also be cool if they drop different items then normal pigs. Something like a "refined pig skin" that can be crafted into a more modern type of football helm, has 90% def, 500HP, and can be upgraded (like a catus helm that counters damage based on the monster's HP, or a barbed helm that boosts dmg; enough to make Wendy to deal normal damage, etc.) 

I like this: have some new kind of pig that randomly spawns in the world but it's something APART of normal pigs.

(Maybe small groups of Forge/Gorge pigs working as explorers.)

Archived