[Game Update] - 300458

• Developer

Fix a crash when rapidly clicking a toggle
Fix petroleum engine dropping liquid when switching between engines
Fix small sculpture good art state
Fix displaying when a duplicant is already assigned to another item
Liquid cooled refineries now use the right amount of coolant when more than one coolant type is present
Liquid cooled refineries correctly apply heat when multiple coolants are used
Remove slightly misleading phrase from creativity stat description
Fix showing quality and other effects for food recipes
Fix egg cracker not cracking sun bug eggs
Fix fabricators incorrectly using mass instead of amount available
Fix crash on suit marker when no suit is selected
Added checks for fetch chore experience gathering to ensure the duplicant exists outside of the duplicant select screen.
Fixed crash caused by duplicants falling off world.
Emptying a fabricators storage cancels and updates current orders
Fix a crash when grooming a critter that dies just as it's about to be groomed
Fix a crash when simultaneously left and right clicking shuffle on duplicant select screen
Fix a crash when fabricators complete an order that was cancelled

Hotfix 300556

Fix crash when assigning toilets
Fix crash on language option screen

View full update

Edited by k_nicole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7

• Developer
13 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Is there anyone that can translate that to English?

@Saturnus sorry for the confusion. When you click empty storage on a fabricator it will cancel and update the current orders.

I have updated the patch notes to more clearly explain what was fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, old_fantom said:

I am assuming nobody else saw the game performance drop off a cliff today?  It was running OK yesterday.  Now it is like I am running a cycle 1000 game in the test branch

a hotfix makes your cpu hotter, that's why the fps drop. we need a coldfix

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, linainverse said:

Hello dev team! Can you tell us what nanotechnologies this game utilizes, so the dupes are use\ing the red path to go up and not the yellow one? Have you signed some contract with Elon Musk?asd.thumb.png.31fea898a286a81866d351d4598a47b7.png

well climbing up a fire pole has a 75% speed penalty, so that yellow arrow is actually 3(4?.... much :)) times longer when the pathfinding looks at it

2 hours ago, linainverse said:

Hello dev team! Can you tell us what nanotechnologies this game utilizes, so the dupes are use\ing the red path to go up and not the yellow one? Have you signed some contract with Elon Musk?asd.thumb.png.31fea898a286a81866d351d4598a47b7.png

Have you ever tried to go up a pole as opposed to a ladder? The pathfinding looks fine.

New tiles:

Daley Thompson Tile - Enables a dupe to jump 5 tiles far

Ben Johnson Tile - Enables 8 tiles jumping distance

Ursain Bolt Tile - Allows jumping within a 10 tile radius, vertical and horizontal !

image.png.636ace114e66826fe88bd59bb5fee070.png

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Have you ever tried to go up a pole as opposed to a ladder? The pathfinding looks fine.

no it's not. because i modded the pole climbing speed and the game doesn't count the changes so the pathfinding is not optimal, because it counts the num of tiles and not the time taken. also if you don't know it tooks longer to go on tiles which have 1 space between then, and what's more - the horizontal speed takes a way more time. so it "looks" like i'm right.

Edited by linainverse

2 minutes ago, linainverse said:

i modded the pole climbing speed

Well that`s the problem. The game doesn`t count travel time in pathing calculations to improve performance. Instead it uses rather simple logic. If dupes move down he uses the fire pole if available. If he moves up he avoids the pole if possible. He doesn`t care if it`s faster. If you want a modded fire pole to work you need to mod their pathing preferences as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, linainverse said:

no it's not. because i modded the pole climbing speed and the game doesn't count the changes so the pathfinding is not optimal, because it counts the num of tiles and not the time taken. also if you don't know it tooks longer to go on tiles which have 1 space between then, and what's more - the horizontal speed takes a way more time. so it "looks" like i'm right.

So you modded the game and didn't say, and expect the dev and others to be able to tell what's "wrong"?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, linainverse said:

and ******* still the ******* dupes are ******* gathering near the ******* atmosuit checkpoint no matter how many ******* decor is elsewhere around the base. or is it only ******* me.

Nope not you..
Really dumb that they are not idle in recreation rooms, or somewhere else.
Game runs for a while and then most dupes dead, as soon as they idle at exo checkpoint and they are to silly to take a medbay, really dumb part of the game.

I thought it was changed not too long ago, but sleet wheat grain can be stored in storage compactors again.

ah yes...idling dupes like to hanging around atmo checkpoint, lucky for me I don't pressurize that room in my recent gameplay, so if they decide to breath they will come inside base area.

Edited by fishoutofwater

3 hours ago, fishoutofwater said:

I thought it was changed not too long ago, but sleet wheat grain can be stored in storage compactors again.

ah yes...idling dupes like to hanging around atmo checkpoint, lucky for me I don't pressurize that room in my recent gameplay, so if they decide to breath they will come inside base area.

Changes not much for me, only lowers the chance of happening..