QOL update report

Jason

13 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Hold ur horses. Australia is barelly in 10th January so it's still like 24 hours b4 Klei posts QoL

I don't have any horses, so i can't hold on anything. For real though, i know there's still like 1 more day probably a bit more. BUT we are close.

oh well i see. but would be still wonderful if! :p

ps: was there some hidden update? i didt get any update notification on steam but i noticed that the "RoG + compatbility mode" option is fixed now. before, when i created a world as described, the world turned into DS Vanilla with Autumn and Winter only. now I have 4 seasons after creating RoG + Shipwrecked compatbility :o

I was reminded this on the wiki....Warbucks and Wilba have quotes for Moon Rock and Moonrock Wall, so maybe those will be added in this update. I don't see any other reason why they would have quotes for those items, besides the less likely possibility of them being in DST.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:34 AM, Rellimarual said:

I don’t think they’re going to be adding new content like bosses and biomes fro DST. Quality of life is more minor but still useful. For example: map icons. In DST, gold boulders have different map icons than regular boulders, so you don’t have to go back to check all of the when you’re looking for gold. In DST, the map icon indicates when a tree is burnt or just a stump. In DS, they all look the same as intact trees

we do know that beefalo taming and fences will be added because thats the art for it and Warbucks has examine lines for moon rock walls hidden in files so the whole moon rock event will also be added!

4 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

we do know that beefalo taming and fences will be added because thats the art for it and Warbucks has examine lines for moon rock walls hidden in files so the whole moon rock event will also be added!

The moonrock event doesn’t seem likely. It takes either multiple players to fight off the werepigs and hounds or a werepig-proof wall: people use marble statues or the end table, neither of which is in singleplayer. 

26 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

The moonrock event doesn’t seem likely. It takes either multiple players to fight off the werepigs and hounds or a werepig-proof wall: people use marble statues or the end table, neither of which is in singleplayer. 

Werepigs are the best resource bags the player can get.

(feed pig 3 monster meats for 2 meats and 1 pig skin)

of course its hard in DST due to increased health and co-op balancing but in regular DS they are pretty easy to take care of.

they have 100% drop rate for Meat and Pigskin and are easier to kite and snare into traps.

this is the reason why most people don't want Werepigs in Hamlet cause they will make the game too easy compared to fighting hoards of vampire bats and Royal Guards which are a nightmare in groups.

1 hour ago, MWY said:

Werepigs are the best resource bags the player can get.

(feed pig 3 monster meats for 2 meats and 1 pig skin)

of course its hard in DST due to increased health and co-op balancing but in regular DS they are pretty easy to take care of.

they have 100% drop rate for Meat and Pigskin and are easier to kite and snare into traps.

this is the reason why most people don't want Werepigs in Hamlet cause they will make the game too easy compared to fighting hoards of vampire bats and Royal Guards which are a nightmare in groups.

The issue with the moon rock event is that multiple werepigs and hounds attack the staff at once. One player can’t kill all of them before they destroy it unless they surround it with a barrier the werepigs don’t attack (so not walls). You could possibly do it with burnt trees or skeletons, but that’s a bit exploity, and I can’t see Klei adding an achievement you can only accomplish that way.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

you could hire bunnymen, rock lobsters or put up a bunch of toothtraps 

14 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

The issue with the moon rock event is that multiple werepigs and hounds attack the staff at once. One player can’t kill all of them before they destroy it unless they surround it with a barrier the werepigs don’t attack (so not walls). You could possibly do it with burnt trees or skeletons, but that’s a bit exploity, and I can’t see Klei adding an achievement you can only accomplish that way.

Yeah, that is quite hard.

4 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

you could hire bunnymen, rock lobsters or put up a bunch of toothtraps 

one werepig takes 12 hits from a toothtrap to die so that will be quite hard but bunnymen can work however you will need a lot of them aswell.

2 hours ago, MWY said:

Yeah, that is quite hard.

one werepig takes 12 hits from a toothtrap to die so that will be quite hard but bunnymen can work however you will need a lot of them aswell.

they take 6 since its not dst also its mainly to damage them and for hounds.

1 hour ago, MWY said:

Yes that will work,

infact containing them inside walls with toothtraps filled in will make it even more easy.

Whether that will prevent them from destroying the moonstone first or not is another matter. Bunnymen won’t necessarily attack the right monsters and they run away when they’re hurt.

4 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

what if it spawns less pigs and dogs to combat the lack of a team?

14 minutes ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

When is the update tho?????? been waiting since the aporkalypse update.

steam updates at like 10 California time i believe Klei is waiting for then

24 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

what if it spawns less pigs and dogs to combat the lack of a team?

24 minutes ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

That could work, although it seems a weird thing to add in a QoL update. I never bother with it myself in DST, as the staff is not that useful. 

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We still have some things we're testing and working out before we push live. But it's coming, you don't need to worry -- we're not going to forget. 

Thanks for the update.

Do what needs to be done, we'll all wait patiently! <3

Archived