QOL update report

Jason

4 hours ago, Skittish Robot said:

One of the ways we do that is to realize that people will be getting sick this time of year, and plan accordingly. So to blame this on sickness is really unacceptable.

I could see pushing it back a few days because some people got sick, but saying we won't see anything until well into the new year... I don't buy it. It just sounds to me like nobody wants to work on this game.

Uh...they did plan accordingly, they delayed the release of the update, well before the day it was supposed to release.

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

Also, HEAVEN FORBID PEOPLE HAVE TIME OFF TO GO SEE THEIR FAMILIES FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!

It's almost like, and this is quite shocking, these are actually people, who have friends and families that they'd like to see for the two short weeks of holiday break that are non-legal customary things that workplaces allow for. Most schools do it, heck, I'm going on Winter break starting tomorrow as well!

Spoiler

Are you not allowed to have time off on Bank Holidays? Because unless you're a member of the armed forces, a civil servant like an EMT/Police/Firefighter, or a security guard, I'm almost 99% sure that's illegal.

So I'm not quite sure why you feel so assured up on your high horse.

Also, don't ride a high horse, that's technically DUI, and it's not you that's under the influence...it's your horse.

Image result for high horse

Well look, Willow's lighter is bugged. In the pig ruins it goes out when entering a new room. This has been reported since at least October 17th. I just went looking for a fix and I found the missing line of code in only a few minutes. But, in looking to see how long this has been a problem, I found that someone else also found the fix.

This was a known problem for months, and if someone would have just looked at the code, it would be staring them in the face. Even now, after the fix has been posted -- and has been up there for days -- I don't see that they have fixed it on their end.

It just seems to me, that they have no interest in giving their customers a good experience.

1 hour ago, Skittish Robot said:

Well look, Willow's lighter is bugged. In the pig ruins it goes out when entering a new room. This has been reported since at least October 17th. I just went looking for a fix and I found the missing line of code in only a few minutes. But, in looking to see how long this has been a problem, I found that someone else also found the fix.

This was a known problem for months, and if someone would have just looked at the code, it would be staring them in the face. Even now, after the fix has been posted -- and has been up there for days -- I don't see that they have fixed it on their end.

It just seems to me, that they have no interest in giving their customers a good experience.

To me fixing the lighter is not too important, when you can craft a torch/lantern. Besides, I'd rather have them fix an actual game breaking bug like the Aporkalypse calendar not rotating than Willow's lighter going out... when you can craft a torch or lantern.

Even then your point is still bad. They've fixed a lot of issues, one that can be easily cured doesn't really matter right now when there are worse ones out there.

Y'know, it's really lovely that you're all standing up for the devs, I'm totally with you, and I'm sure the vast majority of people who didn't comment here feel the same way. But I think we should stop feeding the troll now. They just completely switched the subject, so this obviously isn't getting anywhere.

Thanks for this amazing game, still looking forward to the update! Have a nice holiday! :wilson_love:

1 minute ago, piratekingflcl said:

If there is Beefalo domestication, I really really hope that it also extends to the Water Beefalo. I bet being able to ride around on land and hopefully shallow water too would open up a ton of options for basing/sea basing.

Don't forget to drop all your items and wear a Life Jacket while doing so, because undomesticated Water Beefalos will be able to kill you with just a single move, unless you're drowning-resistant.

On 18/12/2018 at 8:01 PM, Jason said:

Hi everyone, we have the QOL update scheduled to be released on Thursday (Dec 20th) but unfortunately it will not be ready by then. We had a few team members down with seasonal illness this cycle and a couple of the features were not as easy to port from DST as we expected. So, allowing for time to test before we push the button, and the time the office will be closed for the holiday, the QOL update is being pushed back until the new year. Jan 9th or 10th seems like the likely date it will come out.

We thank everyone for their patience, and hope you have a great festive season. There will still be an update with some bug fixes coming soon. 

Take somes nettle losange, it's seems like you get the hay fever.

Take care of team, and take care of the dangerous new year hangover^^

On 12/21/2018 at 5:03 AM, piratekingflcl said:

If there is Beefalo domestication, I really really hope that it also extends to the Water Beefalo. I bet being able to ride around on land and hopefully shallow water too would open up a ton of options for basing/sea basing.

THIS.

THIS IS ALL THAT I'M HOPING FOR. :wilson_ecstatic:

On 12/21/2018 at 5:06 AM, Viktor234 said:

Don't forget to drop all your items and wear a Life Jacket while doing so, because undomesticated Water Beefalos will be able to kill you with just a single move, unless you're drowning-resistant.

What do you mean? Oh...you mean getting shucked off, right?

Yeah, I can see that as being an issue. 

gossipp.png.f51ed15a63d2603e03607f775bee47e8.png

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

What u mean exactly... I thought the seaworthy works fine

Seaworthy crashed my game and I lost a save I believe due to me having stone turf crafted from the key to the city tab in my inventory when jumping between worlds since I was not experiencing any problems with it before that, though I can't say for sure.  Also I read on here before (too late unfortunately) not to use the remove under mouse function inside your home, I had placed a cabinet that was invisible so I tried to get rid of it, and lost the save.  Sucks but it's the risk you take, it still is the beta after all, and I'm absolutely loving the content and pumped for the QOL update.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:20 PM, watermelen671 said:

THIS.

THIS IS ALL THAT I'M HOPING FOR. :wilson_ecstatic:

What do you mean? Oh...you mean getting shucked off, right?

Yeah, I can see that as being an issue. 

gossipp.png.f51ed15a63d2603e03607f775bee47e8.png

lol I would totally die to this, reminds me of the time I found a full thuelecite set as WX and jumped onto a 1 hp away from sinking boat accidently just in time for a crocodog to nudge me into the deep.  I got to swing that club ONCE

3 hours ago, Degeneratedemon said:

Seaworthy crashed my game and I lost a save I believe due to me having stone turf crafted from the key to the city tab in my inventory when jumping between worlds since I was not experiencing any problems with it before that, though I can't say for sure.  Also I read on here before (too late unfortunately) not to use the remove under mouse function inside your home, I had placed a cabinet that was invisible so I tried to get rid of it, and lost the save.  Sucks but it's the risk you take, it still is the beta after all, and I'm absolutely loving the content and pumped for the QOL update.

lol I would totally die to this, reminds me of the time I found a full thuelecite set as WX and jumped onto a 1 hp away from sinking boat accidently just in time for a crocodog to nudge me into the deep.  I got to swing that club ONCE

I think u mean Skyworthy... cuz Seaworthy is from and to Shipwrecked... 

Pls report you crash in the bug report section... upload your save file too

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

this is sorta random but i believe that the pith hat may be our proof of purchase skin for hamlet for its similarities to a grass hat and the texture appears Hd  like most skins in dst

I hope it isn't. We have plenty of hat skins already. I would prefer a pig house re-skin. But maybe that is just me. 

i hope they will add oasis desert and antilon <.< (of course with loer stats than in DST, as all other RoG creatures). i would love to have some summers where i dont need to take care of ice flingos. :D

and maybe scale furnance to make warming and cooking easier? <.<

well these 2 features are probably to overpowered for single players. buuut you know, DST can be played offline and single player, too! so.. why not giving DS players a bit of breath with oasis and scale furnance :D

PS: get well soon, klei team.

I don’t think they’re going to be adding new content like bosses and biomes fro DST. Quality of life is more minor but still useful. For example: map icons. In DST, gold boulders have different map icons than regular boulders, so you don’t have to go back to check all of the when you’re looking for gold. In DST, the map icon indicates when a tree is burnt or just a stump. In DS, they all look the same as intact trees. 

Archived