QOL update report

Jason

12 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

at least this would be the first base game update dont starve classic has gotten in years

i mean we will still get a bugfix tomorrow 

u will probably get it tomorrow... for me in europe is gonna be friday... as per usual one day later... T_T

Just found this thread after a viewer told me at the end of stream today.

While I was super hyped for tomorrow, I hope everyone gets to feeling better, you guys have an enjoyable holiday break and we'll see you all on the flip side for the update! <3

* PS - TY again for all the support lately. <3

7 hours ago, Skittish Robot said:

meh. bah humbug.

EDIT:
REALLY!?! You tease us with this supposed "Quality Of Life (TM) " update...

And all we get is:

Sorry guys, KLEI_NAME had the sniffles, so you get =nil under your Christmas tree!?

uh.

you can't blame like 99% of sick people for getting sick during time of cold , windy , no snow weather...

1 hour ago, FeNniX said:

Cheer up. Days are just numbers, everyone gets update at the same time.

Yea. For some reason Europeans forget that we are like 5 hours ahead of amercia and think that Klei realeases 2 seperate updates- 1 for america and another for the rest of the world

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Yea. For some reason Europeans forget that we are like 5 hours ahead of amercia and think that Klei realeases 2 seperate updates- 1 for america and another for the rest of the world

People posting to this forum often seem to have a shocking ignorance of time zones and how they work. 

15 hours ago, Skittish Robot said:

meh. bah humbug.

EDIT:

And all we get is:

Sorry guys, KLEI_NAME had the sniffles, so you get =nil under your Christmas tree!?

We've gotten the Hamlet DLC released in early access months before the actual release date, due to the demand.

...I think they're allowed to have a week or two's delay on an update.

I was really hoping for stuttering in the interiors fix because hamlet is unplayable right now for me. But as long as ONI works I'm happy. 

Get well guys and happy holidays :)

Also congratulations on the best devs nomination. Although I don't know what bethesda and ubisoft are doing there :D

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Lol... I don't think Klei releases two updates... U crazy? Ik how time zones work... 

That's why I said one day layer for EU cuz it's usually the case updates coincide with the next day for us. 

30 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Lol... I don't think Klei releases two updates... U crazy? Ik how time zones work... 

That's why I said one day layer for EU cuz it's usually the case updates coincide with the next day for us. 

1. Did you actually understand my post...? I did not say Klei releases 2 seperate updates

2. I don't know why you and other people act like victims when new updates "are gonna be tommorw for us". Americans get updates at the same "time" as we do it's just that they have entire afternoon to enjoy it and we're most of the times sleeping cuz it's midnight. If you really want to play the update asap then pull an all-nighter. And if you don't want to do that cuz sleeping is good then don't complain on the forums.

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

1. Did you actually understand my post...? I did not say Klei releases 2 seperate updates

2. I don't know why you and other people act like victims when new updates "are gonna be tommorw for us". Americans get updates at the same "time" as we do it's just that they have entire afternoon to enjoy it and we're most of the times sleeping cuz it's midnight. If you really want to play the update asap then pull an all-nighter. And if you don't want to do that cuz sleeping is good then don't complain on the forums.

Chill man... just cuz I said I was sad doesn't mean I was complaining. 

On 12/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, Jason said:

killer nanites

Spoiler

Image result for nanomachines son

Also, am I the only one who finds it ironic that some of the Klei devs are now bugged? Hope they get patched soon...they're breaking the physics and causing my game to do some WEIRD things, man.

19 hours ago, Skittish Robot said:

meh. bah humbug.

EDIT:

And all we get is:

I'm unsure if you're trolling (which would be a violation of Klei's Community Guidelines and grounds for being smote), or if you're being serious.

These guys work their butts off for us year-round, it's likely that some key programmers got sick and couldn't go into work because they don't want to get everyone else sick. That means that they cannot work on the game, which is a good thing because they need the rest.

It's also like what Jason said, which was basically:

On 12/18/2018 at 3:01 PM, Jason said:

Oh dear...this isn't as easy as we'd thought it would be. There's beefalo flying in the air, game destroying bugs, and the fences are attacking the players. This is going to take some more time in order to properly port this over so that it doesn't end up being just a colossal mess.

Image result for twitch not like this

Spoiler

Heavily paraphrasing...but still accurate nonetheless.

Which I mean...kinda makes sense seeing as they had to remake Don't Starve Together from the ground up...and I hope they don't have to do the same thing here, that'd be a nightmare.

Scrooge here.

I must say, I am quite disappointed in this announcement. I work in a deadline-driven job, yet our company is insistent that we do not go to work sick. We still get things done on time though. One of the ways we do that is to realize that people will be getting sick this time of year, and plan accordingly. So to blame this on sickness is really unacceptable.

I could see pushing it back a few days because some people got sick, but saying we won't see anything until well into the new year... I don't buy it. It just sounds to me like nobody wants to work on this game.

11 minutes ago, Skittish Robot said:

Scrooge here.

I must say, I am quite disappointed in this announcement. I work in a deadline-driven job, yet our company is insistent that we do not go to work sick. We still get things done on time though. One of the ways we do that is to realize that people will be getting sick this time of year, and plan accordingly. So to blame this on sickness is really unacceptable.

I could see pushing it back a few days because some people got sick, but saying we won't see anything until well into the new year... I don't buy it. It just sounds to me like nobody wants to work on this game.

You're probably just a troll at this point but are you a game designer? It's not easy. There are huge issues with the port it will take more than a few days, plus Klei will be gone for awhile because of the holidays which is why it's being delayed so far back. I don't know about you but I've played other games where the developers kept delaying updates and eventually released a very buggy experience.

The people who got sick are probably the main programmers, why they can't continue at the moment. 

56 minutes ago, Skittish Robot said:

You seem to have hooked onto the "sickness" part and overlooked everything else.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jason said:

... and a couple of the features were not as easy to port from DST as we expected. So, allowing for time to test before we push the button, and the time the office will be closed for the holiday, the QOL update is being pushed back until the new year.

I don't see why I should give these people a pass because they are game designers, and treat these dates as mere aspirational goals rather than sincere promises because it is hard. Lots of jobs are hard, and missing a deadline is breaking a promise--no matter who you are.

24 minutes ago, SillyLeopard83 said:

I don't know about you but I've played other games where the developers kept delaying updates and eventually released a very buggy experience.

I agree, that does not bode well for this game.

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Also, am I the only one who finds it ironic that some of the Klei devs are now bugged? Hope they get patched soon...they're breaking the physics and causing my game to do some WEIRD things, man.

They are breaking the 5th wall!

4 hours ago, Skittish Robot said:

Scrooge here.

Well, la dee da you. Why don’t you report Klei to the Bureau of Disappointment? I’m sure they’ll be sternly disciplined for letting down someone of your superior, if uninformed, standards. And snap your riding crop while you’re at it. This is indeed UNACCEPTABLE!

Seriously, though, get over yourself. We’d all love to have the update today but sometimes **** happens. It’s just a game update.

2 hours ago, Skittish Robot said:

I don't see why I should give these people a pass because they are game designers, and treat these dates as mere aspirational goals rather than sincere promises because it is hard. Lots of jobs are hard, and missing a deadline is breaking a promise--no matter who you are.

I agree, that does not bode well for this game.

Dude, these sorts of things are rough guestimates. Klei would much rather delay in order to polish, then to kick out a buggy mess that's only half finished, that's why Hamlet was delayed until December.

Also, please keep in mind that they are an Indie studio, and a Canadian one at that. They don't have the means nor the lack of humanity to run their studio like most AAA sweatshops.

Also also! This game is complete. Done, finito. They don't really have to add anymore content into the game, but because they love the fans so gosh darn much, they're deciding to go back to...dear god this is a 5 year old game?! To add more DLC as well as QoL content from what is essentially the sequel. Which they had to remake from the ground up. Neither game was made to be compatible, cross or backwards, so I'm pretty sure the devs are going to have to jerry-rig some new new code in order to make the new code work with the old code in order to port the new content to the old game.

Think about it this way: if Klei doesn't put time, effort, and dedication into doing this, we're going to end up with the Sonic Genesis for the Don't Starve franchise...and nobody wants that.

Spoiler

The crappy GBA port...not the original version.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

This game has been doing fine for ages.

I get that you're new and just now dipping your toes in, but that kind of statement is plain silly.

Also note that Klei has almost never stuck to their estimated release dates when it comes to such big updates/DLCs/Games.

Hamlet, ONI...I'm pretty sure there was more (as in most of their predicted release windows...lookin' at you, ONI.) but I can't really think of any examples, because I came in with DST before A New Reign.

Spoiler

Also, bit of a side-note...

Call it a conspiracy, but I think that whenever the heads at Klei get impatient with how the game development is progressing, they make the dev team kick out a version of the game that's somewhat playable under the guise of "bug/beta testing", that way they get us to help make their games.

Spoiler

This is obviously a joke.

tiredsipp.png.1bfd0e4f493289abd5b5c5a2121c9092.png

Spoiler

However I'd find it oddly funny if this is actually what happens.

Archived