Don't Starve Update Trailer - Doorway to Adventure!

JoeW

Alright. I've learned my lesson this time. Someone with the automatic puzzle piece finder can get all the pieces. I'll help put it together. Last time I wasted two hours trying to do it by hand. Things I noticed:There are 15 item slots rather then the usual 12, and this is without a backpack.Jumping in the Sick Worm Hole didn't remove any Sanity?Rabbit... no... that can't be right...post-8327-13764592081404_thumb.png...I- I don't know how to feel about this...Edit: By the way, is someone going to start a puzzle thread?

Edited by ShatteredSanity

I don't like the touchstones and the huge new backpack, but I understand the reason they are there. Those new solutions for winter cold are a great addition. Rewarding exploring is nice. Dunno what that new plant is. Spider glands are a welcome adition.

Lets see: Craftable heat stones that provide warmth.New berry bushes.Wilton surrounded by traps? And what was those green things at the bottom?Bunny earmuffs used to be a cheap warmth provider until you can get better things.Chests that have great items but are also serious traps.Findable fire staff.A touch stone that acts as a meat effigy.Sick wormholes that go away when used.The bishop, which has more health than a knight and fires a electric bolt at the player.Lighting rod that adsorbs a lighting strike providing warmth and light.A new more serious portal.Bigger inventory.New piggieback(pack) that slows you down but has more space.Spider drops glands that can heal the player.( And I am guessing we can get ash from burning bones.)( Sorry wilton, but it looks like you are a possible source of free resources )( What does this mean for Wes? He has files that have him in the game trapped in a invisible box? )( I wonder if we can kill other characters to save ourselves )

The update looks very good. I like almost everything about it. :DBut I don't know how to think about more item-slots and the giant backpack... Now you can take so much stuff with you.With less slots the player was more forced to decide between the items in diffenrent situations.

Edited by Shin

what's that new bush!?

The new berry bushes are just a alternate model of the normal berry bush. It's already in the game code from last update but not implemented. I cheat-spawned one and it behaved exactly like a normal berry bush, same berries get harvested from this. Kinda like the new rocks in the rain updateEdit: forgot to say... really looking forward to the new update :)