What does your setup look like?

My base has a fairly ideal location in comparison to my surroundings:

kz6dC.jpg?1

The layout may not be the best, but it has worked well for me so far...

N7kT0.jpg?1

I like having plenty of storage space, so that's why I've got a lot of chests handy. The chests over by the crock pots hold ingredients, while the ten that are lined up hold surplus supplies and extra log suits.

I've found that Butter Muffins heal a significant amount of both health and hunger, so I've been making those quite often (that would be why there's a trap by the flowers, so I can catch butterflies fairly often!). Carrots grow often enough that I can keep all three crock pots holding Butter Muffins for when they're needed!

Since I've only unlocked Willow so far, I may end my run fairly Soon so that I can unlock Wendy and Wolfgang. I think I'll keep the island, though. It's quite nice :)

post-5773-13764589918454_thumb.jpg

Got 20 turbo farms, 10 crock pots, 5 bee hives, and a swamp nearby for lots of spike weapons and monster meat. Pretty much got several stacks of every item in the game in my chests too... A couple chests full of honey, and a couple full of spider webs.

I also keep my inventory nice and tidy, with almost every essentials and materials I need.

Wow! These are some really great camps guys. :)

I have noticed that some of you have left tools and/or hats lying on the ground instead of chests. As of right now, I have been afraid to do this due this because I didn't know the answer to the following question:

Is there item decay for items that are dropped on the ground? If so, about how long is it?

Pretty early but close to usual, replace the science machine with an alchemy engine, more of everything, meat effigies to the north, bee boxes to the right, and tree farm to the left

Oh and ALOT more chests

2012-12-26_00001_zpsa15e068c.jpg

OKAY So I have a better idea of my camp and it's lit up

2012-12-26_00002_zpsee724e3e.jpg

Edited by QuadroMan1
new photo