Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 29998

mathmanican    2,346

@Ipsquiggle.  Several of us have noticed that when we try to draw a row of tiles, several tiles get skipped.  This started happening with the release of the preview branch, but I thought it was just me.  The forums have a post on this now, and I just submitted a bug report, with a link to the corresponding forum post.

Spoiler

If you're still looking into hot fixes, this would be awesome to get patched.  Currenlty the workaround it to go over the same row several times, but it's a tad annoying.  

Thanks for the great game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PhailRaptor    952
31 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Several of us have noticed that when we try to draw a row of tiles, several tiles get skipped.  This started happening with the release of the preview branch, but I thought it was just me.  The forums have a post on this now, and I just submitted a bug report, with a link to the corresponding forum post.

Strange....  I've always had this behavior, dating back to when I started playing before Outbreak.  In my case, it seems to be related to how fast or slow I move the mouse.  Faster causes more, slower less, and slow enough doesn't skip any.

mathmanican    2,346
40 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

, it seems to be related to how fast or slow I move the mouse.

The issue here has to do with clicking once, holding the mouse still, and then using arrow keys to scroll. Zero mouse interaction when on a laptop.

• Like 1

ruhrohraggy    267

Rocket is still leaving important parts back home...How will they ever know when they're low on liquid oxygen? (Both the solid and liquid oxidizer rocket tank do this, and sometimes the liquid fuel tanks leave them)

dfdfdf.thumb.png.3339488c31c11ce586431581f7423a54.png

Oozinator    2,468

"expelling waste" - LCB is gone, but now they are stuck in animation loop and die..
Critters are very bugged for me, not only puft and shove.
Hatches do population explosion -gulp fishes die..
image.thumb.png.fe921cea5bfb48fa8b849f615952acee.png

Edited by Oozinator

Saturnus    3,375
22 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

"expelling waste" - LCB is gone, but now they are stuck in animation loop and die..
Critters are very bugged for me, not only puft and shove.
Hatches do population explosion -gulp fishes die - i stopped trying using ranches for now..

Yeah, same here. Ranching doesn't work, bristle blossoms don't drop harvests, and artist continue to make lower tier artwork. I don't really see a point in playing at the moment.

• Like 1

Oozinator    2,468
1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Yeah, same here. Ranching doesn't work, bristle blossoms don't drop harvests, and artist continue to make lower tier artwork. I don't really see a point in playing at the moment.

Aside that ONI has another bigger problem so far for me, lack of objectives.
ONI seems to be(come) a sandbox game, survival seems not to be top row.
I could build rockets to get better materials, to solve problems, i get through rockets.
I see no real benefit for survival - to walk that path.

Ranching is to bugged and lime - steel needs much micro from player, to get it to work. MR was bugged in so many ways now..
I would really like to play with many dupes for example, but there is no need for many of them (idleparty) and they don't even idle in the restrooms (some prefer door frames)
The social part of ONI is visual only and has no impact - flat.
I do not understand why Klei is making the artworks not modular, that would add some tierbased variations, not stuff like that..
bored.thumb.PNG.9eb0d7e07fe8f668e4e393758b965605.PNG
But fixxing visuals is the last part Klei should take care of, for now if you ask me.

All my last games started with fun (starting fresh base is always nice someway) and ended through bugs / low FPS (could be my side).
Only "pressure" i see in the game is researching planter boxes / deodorizer and through random map generation. Some maps suck really..
It "feels" someway frustrating, to prevent using sandbox at all costs and then the game kills all critters and ranches get empty (or similar, like idling dupes inside doors-open).
I have so many games and to be fair, ONI gave me a very positive gaming experience in all those hours i played it, someway outstanding.
ONI was it for me, because of liquid simulation, before AU and all those bling bling things.
I still search similar games, no luck so far.

chemie    665
6 hours ago, Oozinator said:

But fixxing visuals is the last part Klei should take care of, for now if you ask me.

They did seem to introduce a bunch of new/old bugs.  For example, dupes will not equip suits, and if you force them to, they randomly drop them all over the map very quickly after.  I mean, that was happening last year.  How about no new content and just fix bugs.  I liked that every 6 weeks we got a very stable build but last two builds have been buggy messes.  Rockets are still bugged and now a bunch of old bugs are showing up which makes playing a new game frustrating.  After a crash, I generally give up.

• Like 1

Saturnus    3,375

The preview was promising. It showed a good intent but the "stable" release has really been a giant let down to be honest.

6 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Aside that ONI has another bigger problem so far for me, lack of objectives.
ONI seems to be(come) a sandbox game, survival seems not to be top row.
I could build rockets to get better materials, to solve problems, i get through rockets.
I see no real benefit for survival - to walk that path.

I completely ignore anything space related. It's really just detrimental to game play. I like making sustainable builds but with access to space materials and unlimited resources from space there's really no challenge. I still wish there was a simple tick box to completely remove everything space related from the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

chemie    665
54 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

The preview was promising. It showed a good intent but the "stable" release has really been a giant let down to be honest.

I completely ignore anything space related. It's really just detrimental to game play. I like making sustainable builds but with access to space materials and unlimited resources from space there's really no challenge. I still wish there was a simple tick box to completely remove everything space related from the game.

I find even steel makes thing much less complex, even without space materials.  You can run a steel aqua tuner in air which seems kind of silly.

Saturnus    3,375
5 minutes ago, chemie said:

I find even steel makes thing much less complex, even without space materials.  You can run a steel aqua tuner in air which seems kind of silly.

I try to avoid using steel and ceramics. I consider them space age materials as the main purpose of steel is really to make bunker tiles and doors. I also enjoy the challenge of not using ceramic tiles but especially pipes. As an example, you have a natural gas geyser and you want to pump the natural gas to the generators that may be quite far away. So you just build the pipes and start pumping right? Well, that'll heat up the area it goes through rather quickly as even insulated pipes heat up if you just let hot gas or liquids sit in them. Instead you can pump from one local buffer storage on each end only when the generator storage needs to be refilled thus avoiding having hot gases or liquids sitting in pipes out in the open.

Nativel    274

I completely ignore anything space related. It's really just detrimental to game play. I like making sustainable builds but with access to space materials and unlimited resources from space there's really no challenge. I still wish there was a simple tick box to completely remove everything space related from the game

Have you played Helicona?

Nativel    274
Just now, Saturnus said:

Yeah. Too easy for my taste.

There is no space mats. Not even suits possible to make. No rockets.

maradyne    4,951

I still wish there was a simple tick box to completely remove everything space related from the game.

*removes Dupe asteroid*

• Haha 1

Lancar    85
17 minutes ago, linainverse said:

image.thumb.png.b21ad346709280ee3ad4795d2feab570.png

Didn't get that, but my egg cracker is filled with many shinebug eggs that dupes never get around to work with. They only seem to break open eggs above the 4:th or 5:th. Maybe its a weight issue, since shinebug eggs are so light?

linainverse    63
20 minutes ago, Lancar said:

Didn't get that, but my egg cracker is filled with many shinebug eggs that dupes never get around to work with. They only seem to break open eggs above the 4:th or 5:th. Maybe its a weight issue, since shinebug eggs are so light?

i put everything on "forever". it's just a bad coding.

Edited by linainverse

Craigjw    395

Cooking devices no longer show food quality of recipes.  That or I'm being blind, either way, it's not obvious and should be more clear.

Lancar    85
9 hours ago, linainverse said:

i put everything on "forever". it's just a bad coding.

Oh, it's set on "forever" for me too. They just merrily ignore the first 4-5 eggs inside the machine.

10 hours ago, Lancar said:

The first shinebug egg I sent there cracked fine, but now they're stuck in it. Saved and reloaded, deleted the cracker and rebuilt, set priority to 9, nothing works. Other eggs in the queue, but they won't get cracked either.