Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Recommended Posts

Philsam    215

He was and always will be a good soldier, he remembers the time when he served his Queen, he was entirely devoted to him, he is a good tactician, a good fighter and he knows how to equip himself. Everyone agreed that he deserved his place as a general, but this merit was stolen from him, he found it unfair, he wandered in the forest, while he met a man, in a suit, with a hooked nose.

Health: 140
Hunger: 120
Health: 120

Starting point: Wayne starts with a Blunderbuss and 8 gun powders, which will allow him to shoot big prey from the beginning such as hippopotamus, Giant Grub, Pangolden or even Spidermonkey.

Positive Abilities: Wayne has a absorption modifier of 0.75X, this is boosted by 80% armor, so the modifier will be 0.5X absorbed, with Tin Suit and / or Fancy Helmet, the absorption will be amplified up to 0.4X, it should be noted that the Fancy Helmet (or Tin Suit) which amplifies the absorption up to 0.4X, keeps its absorption of 80%, and they do not reduce the speed by 20% . It is best to wear the Fancy Helmet at the same time as the backpack, especially against Pugalisk.
The blunderbuss does not make it and offers 10% more damage, and offers powerful gun powders. Wayne earns 5% race speed per season gone up to a 30% limit, a bad bonus in the short term, but a good long term advantage, especially associated.

Negative Abilities: When a guard obtained with a security contract dies, Wayne, loses 10 of mental health by killed guards. The number of hits received by each enemy is exponential, it means that when an enemy deals 20 damage and succeeds, the next damage dealt damage to Wayne increases to 30, and so on, same for bosses, will encourage the player to kite. During the lush season, Wayne is affected by a disease that acts like poison but drains 20% faster hunger, life is drained by 0.5 / second, and mental health is lost 1.5X faster during the twilight and 2X faster overnight. When poisoned, life is drained by 2 / per second instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yokoblue    69

I think the biggest problem that I personally don't like about your character is simple: Simplicity.

Most characters traits can be summarized in 1-2 lines and are easy to understand to most people. Your character isnt simple at all and thats a problem. Also: Funnily enough, all your abilities and negatives are too "Simple" haha. Like hes a warrior... get bonus damage bonus armor and weak to poison... But where is the originality... where is the unique perks, where is the thing that make me want to play your character.

 

Also; Your character is basically a tank, but he has really bad hp for one. His stats are all on the medium which make him less unique.

 

Seems like a good idea for a "basic character" when you start the game to learn stuff but once we have the "basics characters" your character doesn't fill much role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Philsam    215
1 minute ago, Yokoblue said:

I think the biggest problem that I personally don't like about your character is simple: Simplicity.

Most characters traits can be summarized in 1-2 lines and are easy to understand to most people. Your character isnt simple at all and thats a problem. Also: Funnily enough, all your abilities and negatives are too "Simple" haha. Like hes a warrior... get bonus damage bonus armor and weak to poison... But where is the originality... where is the unique perks, where is the thing that make me want to play your character.

 

Also; Your character is basically a tank, but he has really bad hp for one. His stats are all on the medium which make him less unique.

 

Seems like a good idea for a "basic character" when you start the game to learn stuff but once we have the "basics characters" your character doesn't fill much role.

I know, he's not original at all. I wrote it for fun because I like it, it was not a proposal.

To make it more original, I would change it as and when. The only original thing he has is mental health loss with pig guards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GenomeSquirrel    121

seems like a bizarre character, i’d give them craftable security details to make the penalty relevant, and take away the armor bonus; starting with a ranged weapon, having fighting friends, and taking exponential damage seems like it fits an indirect fighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Viktor234    840

We already have Wigfrid as "soldier" and Wolfgang as strongman (Boss-Slayer) and Warbucks as hunter has been rejected by the klei developers.

And suggestions like these don't belong in "Early Access - General Discussion" at all, they might fit in "Early Access - Suggestions and Feedback" but this suggestion has been rejected weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Philsam    215
7 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

We already have Wigfrid as "soldier" and Wolfgang as strongman (Boss-Slayer) and Warbucks as hunter has been rejected by the klei developers.

And suggestions like these don't belong in "Early Access - General Discussion" at all, they might fit in "Early Access - Suggestions and Feedback" but this suggestion has been rejected weeks ago.

I wrote it for fun, not to suggest it

15 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

I agree with @Yokoblue, your characters is too advanced/ not simple
its sad, cause you have a lot of ideas, just remember, characters shouldn't be:

  • too advanced
  • too good
  • too bad

Here is where I wanted to go on the human characters of Do not Starve, as Klei can do for him assign abilities neither too strong nor too low. Non-human characters have simpler abilities to find (see Waphly and Walter). It is really difficult to write a human character, who is average, and who has original abilities :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
metallichydra    483
5 minutes ago, Philsam said:

I wrote it for fun, not to suggest it

Here is where I wanted to go on the human characters of Do not Starve, as Klei can do for him assign abilities neither too strong nor too low. Non-human characters have simpler abilities to find (see Waphly and Walter). It is really difficult to write a human character, who is average, and who has original abilities :/

yeah, I tried myself once, didn't manage to make any good character ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Philsam    215
1 minute ago, metallichydra said:

yeah, I tried myself once, didn't manage to make any good character ideas

I'm afraid that the future of human characters is disrupted, will they disappear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ther.exe    17

Losing sanity when comrads fall and starting with a blunderbuss is pretty cool. That might be enough traits alone to make him a normal Dont Starve character. There really isnt a military soldier type character already. I just hope he's weak enough or I wont enjoy him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Philsam    215
9 minutes ago, Ther.exe said:

Losing sanity when comrads fall and starting with a blunderbuss is pretty cool. That might be enough traits alone to make him a normal Dont Starve character. There really isnt a military soldier type character already. I just hope he's weak enough or I wont enjoy him.

Thank you, your opinion makes me happy. It is true that with a lot of life, it would be much too powerful. I'm going to lower his life to 120.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites