Quality of Life Upgrade Mk 1 Available Now! - 299745

9 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

The new plants are all identical, new paintings are worse than old ones, marble sculptures are worse than old sculptures at any level beyond undecorated. Any plans to make decor interesting?

plants being 26.5 kind of makes sculptures not needed?

10 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:
11 hours ago, hacksaw12 said:

Oops on my loops of oil through the metal refinery until well heated, then on to the petroleum refinery. Now the oil stops when it gets back to the input pipe, will now have to be made without continuous loop.

You can still do it, you just need to add a liquid reservoir between the output and input.

Thanx, should have thought of that, since I already had a buffer liquid reservoir between the loop exit and the oil refinery to keep that from backing up.

Does anybody understand how the "power connectors have overlapping ports" warning works? With the new update I've got that annoying warning for most of my heavy-watt bridges, but I can't figure our what does the game wants from me. Google translate says that "overlap" in other words means "coincide", but that doesn't make any sense.

Decor maxes out at 120 yet negative decor has no limit. Decor doesn't go through mesh tiles. Painting require metal & fiber, both which are fairly limited when you first start.

Really disappointing in all these changes. 120 decor plummets pretty fast on a mining trip, disabling those dupes for the next cycle. Fairly frustrated at having to have a lifeline of decor following you at all times. It wouldn't be as bad if decor didn't account for 50% of your morale requirements, but no instead I have the entire base hugging decor or on a massage table. Oxygen not an issue, so might as well rename to Decor Not Included or Massage Table Simulator.

This QoL update gets a huge thumb down.

Yeah I can set the stress difficulty to very low but that doesn't excuse poor game balance. Shrug.

9 hours ago, Alexlsskdjfldsd said:

Does anybody understand how the "power connectors have overlapping ports" warning works?

Apparently it shows the warning when your heavi wat joint plate connects directly to a generator or some machine. It`s 2 ports in 1 tile. I have to check if it works if you build it after the update. Stuff build before seeems to work fine.

On 2018.12.14. at 1:50 AM, r0r said:

There sure is a lot more regolith falling from the skies since the update. My robo-miners can’t keep up with all of it and are overheating and breaking, even if they’re made of steel. Guess I’m going to need to install mech airlocks and crush it all instead, right?

On 2018.12.14. at 2:25 AM, XZaar said:

Just use thermium

Meanwhile thermium does help, it only postpones the eventual overheat of the robo miner (By a few thousand cycles, is my guess)

If you dont want to waste thermium on miners and/or you're going for that EXTREMELY long/full automation playthrough, its better to figure out how to cool the robo miners

Here is my version, it works, but there probably are better ways to solve this

20181216033944_1.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Generic scrub said:

20181216033944_1.jpg

Looks interesting! I see a blob of what looks like petroleum or polluted water on the miner, and then below you’re pumping in cold gas from elsewhere, and when it hits a certain threshold, the airlock opens to vent it, and the process starts again? Is that correct?

Which gas and pressure threshold are you using?

in my case, I attached robo miners vertically to walls so they don’t get buried in regolith, so your method might not work for me, but it is food for thought, as it were.

6 hours ago, Doddler said:

Robominers and other buildings in a vaccuum should still exchange heat with the ground, it seems a bit weird that they don't honestly.

They seem to be exchanging heat with the ground for me. I noticed that that everything in the space layer has been heating up much faster since the QoL1 upgrade.

I had to abandon a mini base I’d built near my rocket silo because it was overheating and scalding any dupes not in exo suits, no matter which surface they touched (toilet, sink, doors, beds, etc).

Plus my asteroid is going to drown in all the damn regolith!

32 minutes ago, Codedependent said:

Can't seem to build over existing insulated pipes with a different substance anymore (eg: change sandstone to igneous)

Yup, I noticed this too.

1 hour ago, r0r said:

Looks interesting! I see a blob of what looks like petroleum or polluted water on the miner, and then below you’re pumping in cold gas from elsewhere, and when it hits a certain threshold, the airlock opens to vent it, and the process starts again? Is that correct?

Which gas and pressure threshold are you using?

in my case, I attached robo miners vertically to walls so they don’t get buried in regolith, so your method might not work for me, but it is food for thought, as it were.

They seem to be exchanging heat with the ground for me. I noticed that that everything in the space layer has been heating up much faster since the QoL1 upgrade.

I had to abandon a mini base I’d built near my rocket silo because it was overheating and scalding any dupes not in exo suits, no matter which surface they touched (toilet, sink, doors, beds, etc).

Plus my asteroid is going to drown in all the damn regolith!

Yup, I noticed this too.

That is the idea

I just slap a standart vent and set the temperature limit about 25C below the overheat temperature of the miner, for the gas, just pump in anything that you can afford to waste, provided it can actually cool the miners, not heat them up

For the side mounted versions you could just dump some gas next to the miner and let the vacuum destroy the coolant, but in my opinion that is just a bit too messy and unreliable, better to not put the miner on walls or ceiling

The regolith entombment issue can be solved in different ways, I use a "stairs" setup

20181216135718_1.jpg

5 hours ago, Codedependent said:

Can't seem to build over existing insulated pipes with a different substance anymore (eg: change sandstone to igneous)

You could never do that. You can replace tiles but not wires or pipes. If you're replacing wires with conductive wires or pipes with insulated pipes, that works, and still works. However you could never do what you're suggesting.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:39 AM, Xuhybrid said:

You could never do that. You can replace tiles but not wires or pipes. If you're replacing wires with conductive wires or pipes with insulated pipes, that works, and still works. However you could never do what you're suggesting.

One minor correction. You can replace pipes and wires if you're changing types. From normal pipes to insulated for example. But yes, I've never been able to swap gold radiant pipes for wolframite directly. 

Derp, can't read...

Edited by beowulf2010

14 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

One minor correction. You can replace pipes and wires if you're changing types. From normal pipes to insulated for example. But yes, I've never been able to swap gold radiant pipes for wolframite directly. 

Oh, I was sure I had changed from one material to another with the same type of pipe (insulated). Maybe I'm misremembering. If we never could, I would love it if they changed that! (Same with everything else that doesn't let us change material like that... ladders in particular).

On 13.12.2018 at 9:25 PM, Elendiar said:

Optimizations are good, but, frankly, I thought that before the final bugfixes and optimization there would be more hardcore in gameplay, becouse now impossible lose dupes, no events-cataclysmes (...), that can make gameplay more interesting and harder. (...)

Amen brother.

That grammar tho.

17 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

That's exactly what i said. How is that a correction?

• Haha 1

What was the reason of removing hats on dupe heads in dupe selection panel (when assigning to building for example)? Now I have to double check their names whenever I want to assign them to medbed. It was super convenient just to spot the first letter of their name and a hat, which is visible very well. I really miss that feature, please bring it back :(((

I don't want to get too personal with my dupes they die off too often. LOL =) Knowing them by their occupation is just enough for me. =)

6 hours ago, Xuhybrid said:

That's exactly what i said. How is that a correction?

Derp. I was running on minimal sleep yesterday and misread things. Sorry. Missed the conductive wire part and read insulated pipes as Insulation the material not the pipe type.

Edited by beowulf2010

Hi, I just made a new account because I'm not completely happy with this patch and I hope this issue will be fixed. While I like most of the stuff I've seen so far I dislike the fact, that I don't see if my Dublicants already wear an outfit if I decide to give them a suit (while scrolling through the feedback here I see, that it's the same issue with beds. Maybe even with everything where you can assign a Dublicant). "That's it?" - yes, that's it. I haven't found anything else that's somehow a downgrade in my opinion and I haven't had the time to play for a longer period of time.

Thank you very much for your hard work