¿Not getting drops or being too slow?

Well, lately I'm been playing more hours than usual (thanks to free time) and I noticed that I'm getting just 1 drop after 4 or 5 days (besides I'm playing a lot everyday).

This week I ain't got nothing and I'm playing more or less like the last one. ¿I'm having some bug in my account or should wait more?

2 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

from my experience the more players there are the faster you get drops

Oh, sounds interesting.

Well, I been playing in Klei servers, who is mostly full (so, more or less with another 4 or 6 players).

Also, I'm not using mods.

3 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

from my experience the more players there are the faster you get drops

From my observations the number of players in the room has no bearing on the frequency in which you get drops.

Drops happen 4 times a week with a variance of around:

6-54 minutes for the first drop, 42-108 minutes for the second, 42-288 for the third, and 150-366 minutes for the fourth.

6 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

From my observations the number of players in the room has no bearing on the frequency in which you get drops.

6-54 minutes for the first drop, 42-108 minutes for the second, 42-288 for the third, and 150-366 minutes for the fourth.

I hear you, but my anecdotal evidence points towards faster drops with more people in a world. 

1 hour ago, CarlZalph said:

So, that means I'm not just having drops in a slow time, the system was not giving me the 4th drops mostly times too, since months ago.

(My weeks usually gets just 3 drops only.)

I have had this issue as well, on both ps4 and on steam.

For that last few months I was noticing that after over 20 hours in a single week, I still only had three gifts and never managed to get the fourth. So I started paying specific attention to drop times. On some weeks my first drop would happen in 45-60 minutes. but one week it happened after 3 hours and my second drop was 5 hours and 14 minutes later. I kept a different spreadsheet for ps4 and steam too, to see if there was much of a difference between the two as well. For example, did I get my steam drop in a timely manner but my ps4 drop took a bit longer? I wanted to make sure I was not forgetting a drop or letting the two sets of drops overlap in my memory.

Now, I do usually play alone, but I am used to getting my first drop in 15-30 minutes of play and my fourth drop by the 15 hour mark easily. i know it is variable, but the times are far longer in the last few months than ever before.

5 hours ago, Tapirus said:

Well, I got the 2th drop and I realized I been playing +12hrs (maybe +15hs). A bit strange for playing the whole week, I think. 

Wow, second drop after over 12 hours? That seems rough :o  

I usually get my first drop after ~ 30 minutes, second drop after another hour or two hours, third drop after another four hours and fourth drop after another 6 hours. It never took me more than 15 hours to get all four drops in a week. And I often idle or do something else while DS is running in the background and I'm usually on my own server without any other players (one friend tops).

You do remember to always open your present asap on the Science Machine, right? Because the next drop won't happen until you open your current present.

On 13/12/2018 at 12:34 PM, misswoggie said:

I have had this issue as well, on both ps4 and on steam.

For that last few months I was noticing that after over 20 hours in a single week, I still only had three gifts and never managed to get the fourth. So I started paying specific attention to drop times. On some weeks my first drop would happen in 45-60 minutes. but one week it happened after 3 hours and my second drop was 5 hours and 14 minutes later. I kept a different spreadsheet for ps4 and steam too, to see if there was much of a difference between the two as well. For example, did I get my steam drop in a timely manner but my ps4 drop took a bit longer? I wanted to make sure I was not forgetting a drop or letting the two sets of drops overlap in my memory.

Now, I do usually play alone, but I am used to getting my first drop in 15-30 minutes of play and my fourth drop by the 15 hour mark easily. i know it is variable, but the times are far longer in the last few months than ever before.

3 hours ago, hiabara said:

Wow, second drop after over 12 hours? That seems rough :o  

I usually get my first drop after ~ 30 minutes, second drop after another hour or two hours, third drop after another four hours and fourth drop after another 6 hours. It never took me more than 15 hours to get all four drops in a week. And I often idle or do something else while DS is running in the background and I'm usually on my own server without any other players (one friend tops).

You do remember to always open your present asap on the Science Machine, right? Because the next drop won't happen until you open your current present.

Well, I been playing in dedicated servers, the public ones and alone (for practice and learn new stuff to use with groups later). Never paid much attention to drops because the game is moslty about cooperate and help others. So, I been glad with just having some fun and laughs. 

Then I put more attention to the Drops stuff and found people  getting 4 drops. So, I though "Well, I guess depends of luck or maybe I'm not playing enough time". But, after some time, I see my weeks are a bit weird.

Also, yes, I always open my current present soon.

Thanks for the post and giving good examples, I appreciate the help.

9 hours ago, Queron81 said:

Isn't there a "reset" for the drops every thursday? Maybe your first drop was your 4th drop of the previous week and the second drop appeared after the reset (so you played 12h in the previous drop-week).

Now when I was playing in some server, got the 3th drop and after 2hrs more the 4th drop in Sunday's last hours (yesterday). 

Im not sure how this happens, so, I've been thinking about make this thread for a while to clear my doubts.

Archived