[Game Update] - 298981

15 minutes ago, tzionut said:

yes @Ipsquiggle that bug... as you see it isn't fixed yet

Adding some details about the specific issue you're having, including what you expect to happen versus what is actually happening, may help get your issue addressed more quickly.  Simply posting a screenshot and saying "see, this doesn't work" doesn't provide much information for the developers.  While it might be obvious to you from the screenshot, nobody knows exactly what you're expecting.

There was a bug where the gas canister emptier was not showing any possible gas check boxes, despite having gases available.  I think it was assumed from your bug report, that you were referring to this issue.  As mentioned, this specific issue has been fixed.

Looking at your screenshot, I can only guess that you might be referring to the fact that you have a bottle of chlorine on the ground, yet chlorine is not listed in the gas section of your inventory display on the right.  So it seems this could be one of two things, either the display is broken and just not showing the amount of chlorine available, or the game doesn't recognize that you have chlorine available (both of these assume 1) your dupes can reach the chlorine and 2) loose bottles of gas contribute to the totals on the right).

Have you tried building a canister emptier?  Does chlorine show as an available gas to empty?  Will dupes deliver bottles to the emptier?

Please don't take any of this the wrong way, I'm simply trying to help get your issue addressed.  I'm a software developer so I deal with these type of "bug reports" on a daily basis.  Hopefully this post helps you understand things from the developers point of view.  Better communication will help a great deal when it comes to trying to track down specific bugs.

• Like 2

My friends I put the save game attached in the bug report. The bug i find after the 2 development upgrade. More than that what can i do? The problem is simple. I have bottle of chlorine gas in the game and it isn't recognized by the game. If i want to empty them i can't. The bottle was made using the empty pipe command. It was marked as fixed  but isn't yet. Again. More than that what can i do? 

Post edit: Yes i have the canister emptier and new thing i can check only chlorine and steam, oxygen and hydrogen isn't available after this upgrade. I can now empty the chlorine bottle but i must test if i can empty hydrogen or oxygen after i go home from work.

image.thumb.png.798d748af3ec027c6a4cd29af4431b78.png

Edited by tzionut
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, tzionut said:

My friends I put the save game attached in the bug report. The bug i find after the 2 development upgrade. More than that what can i do? The problem is simple. I have bottle of chlorine gas in the game and it isn't recognized by the game. If i want to empty them i can't. The bottle was made using the empty pipe command. It was marked as fixed  but isn't yet. Again. More than that what can i do? 

Post edit: Yes i have the canister emptier and new thing i can check only chlorine and steam, oxygen and hydrogen isn't available after this upgrade. I can now empty the chlorine bottle but i must test if i can empty hydrogen or oxygen after i go home from work.

image.thumb.png.798d748af3ec027c6a4cd29af4431b78.png

Do you have a canister filler?

My canister emptier has them listed but only after using the canister filler to make hydrogen or chlorine gas canisters, not the empty pipe command 

A lot of things don't show up unless you have materials for them in this update, so other gases missing from that list might be the reason.

1 hour ago, tzionut said:

I will try it when i am at home, and do more tests.

That's usually advised before saying that things are still bugged.

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

That's usually advised before saying that things are still bugged.

Not sure that applies here.  If everything except gas/liquid canisters appears as an available material in construction and fabrication recipies that require it, then it's reasonable to assume the Canister Emptier would have the same behavior.  It shouldn't matter what the origin of the Gas Canister is -- if you have acquired a Gas Canister, the Canister Emptier should be able to detect it.  There's no reason to expect it to require the player to produce a Canister of the gas in question at a Canister Filler for the Emptier to list it as available.

5 hours ago, tzionut said:

No i don't have a canister filler. The canister was made whit the empty command.

That's relevant information for a defect report. If I had to guess, it's that the game is populating the list of "available gases" only through operation of the canister filler and not through the empty command. The fix should be easy; ensure the gas is on that list in the code that creates canisters, not in any code for the operations that cause them to be created (canister filler, empty pipe).

The save file doesn't have the information about the past concerning where that canister came from. It's just a snapshot at a single point in time. It will show the symptom, to be sure, but it does not have a record of the cause. That's why your story about what you did to get that canister is relevant for the report.

Has anyone else noticed an issue with dupes deciding not to used their assign mess table in the Great Hall (resulting in lower morale)? It seems fairly inconsistent, but I've noticed it happening frequently (with different dupes) in my new game. 

Ok i am at home so: Whit empty pipe command no result. The canister empty works now for chlorine and steam :) and after i activate the canister filler the oxygen is shown in the right side, the chlorine.. not, also co2 the same. The new problem is that only breathable gases are shown in the right side, the unbreathable not. The god news is that all the gases can be emptied whenever you want. The bad news is you know how many kg of gases you have available only for the breathable gases.

Post edit: Fizzy please read all the bug report. There you will see that in the next comment a said how i make that bottle. I repeat i give all the information available for me. I don't have the mood for arguing for one thing i already done. I simply put a question. Maybe you don't care about the quantity of the gases you have, but other player need that information, different gamestyle need different information.

Best regards.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6e51e2c94002f101c90583452d574b98.png.

image.thumb.png.4a5ba8c1f9c2b7fca9337d525638a190.png

image.thumb.png.24335e0c5f546fad43bbc6fb1da9547d.png

image.thumb.png.70bd7ce84ffcd61b34fea1e73e7d24b8.png

image.thumb.png.684a5382268a904c1bb84c74888a24de.png

Edited by tzionut

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Temperature sensor now allows the entire temperature range to be selected (even if the sensor itself can't handle it...)

Awesome! But why is it not made for gas/liquid pipe thermo sensors? There are lots of liquids and gases with temperature above 300°C.

30 minutes ago, DefectiveNu said:

sorry to butt in but has this:

been looked at?

Of course not, Klei devs don't make it to space :p 

Joking aside - this is one of the worst flaws in the game right now for me personally. What use is a series of updates all focused on the cosmic biome if we're unable to use bunker doors properly due to some weird off-screen-animation-delay-malarkey-bull-pftooey.

6 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Joking aside - this is one of the worst flaws in the game right now for me personally. What use is a series of updates all focused on the cosmic biome if we're unable to use bunker doors properly due to some weird off-screen-animation-delay-malarkey-bull-pftooey.

+1 

Very annoying that we can setup automation to open/close doors at the precise second needed, but animation speed breaks the whole setup.

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

This is the main reason I haven't been able to build solar panels across the whole surface outside of debug mode

Untill this is fixed I usually just build a bunker tile shield across the top, I don't bother trying to automate bunker doors except over my rockets

57 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

This is the main reason I haven't been able to build solar panels across the whole surface outside of debug mode

Untill this is fixed I usually just build a bunker tile shield across the top, I don't bother trying to automate bunker doors except over my rockets

I've used solar my last couple bases and just set the closing timer to 100s despite having 100% detection.  The only issues I've had have been due to buffer/filter resets on a game load.  Still, it would be nice if it could be more precise.

2 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

I've used solar my last couple bases and just set the closing timer to 100s despite having 100% detection.  The only issues I've had have been due to buffer/filter resets on a game load.  Still, it would be nice if it could be more precise.

Main reason I don't bother with solar is there isn't much need.  I usually have good coal, natural gas, and petroleum power by the time I start building rockets.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

5 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Same, same.